Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dawn of War gets xpansion

Fez

Erudite
That's what surprised me most with the add on announcement. I expected them to say IG and Tyranids or something. Now it will be IG against the same enemies you fought in the last campaign. They'll have to pull something extra special out of the hat to make that good.

Surlent

Liturgist
Sad thing is they might use the xpansion just as cashcow and save most races to a sequel (if that ever gets made). 'sides they already have art assets for the Imperial guard.

On positive side they might go with same route as warcraft3 did, enchance the existing races with new units, skills and buildings. But this is just wish thinking.

Spazmo

Erudite
What I've heard is that they're not recyclying any of the IG stuff from the original DoW game. Every Imperial Guard unit in the expansion is supposed to be made from scratch and brand new.

roguefrog

Liturgist
Isn't Warcraft a corruption of Warhammer. Starcraft would just be their WH40K

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom