Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DC Universe Online is free now

• Thread starter Deleted member 7219
  • Start date

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Does respec cost reset to 500 as you level, or as you respec? Because I'ved done respecs a lot with Doc, and after the 1150 cost the next one was 500 again.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
So, what do you guys do to get rid of the money before it goes into scrow?

The general advice is to buy costume and hair styles, but now that I got most of the ones I like from the character creation vendors, I'm buying soda. Apart from the obvious use, you can sell them back for a good price if you need money later.

Vaarna_Aarne

I just respec. I guess my lower upper class lifestyle makes me susceptible to the escrow withdrawal items they sell (haven't gotten one yet).

There really isn't anything to use the in-game money on in this game, and you can get 2000 dorraa in 1-2 hours of playing Alerts. It's not like in Champions where in-game costs for respeccing are crazy, and the Auction House is full of rare items and costume pieces.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The restrictions in this game are p. retarded. As a premium character you have +500 on the money cap. Oooh.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Excidium said:
So, what do you guys do to get rid of the money before it goes into scrow?

The general advice is to buy costume and hair styles, but now that I got most of the ones I like from the character creation vendors, I'm buying soda. Apart from the obvious use, you can sell them back for a good price if you need money later.

Basically, that's what I do. I try to drop my cash to zero and just bank in dozens of high level sodas as 'liquid cash' Sometimes it's not practical though...but really, money's close to worthless. Premium isn't really that much of a cost. I wasn't surprised it only gave you unlocked powers etc...and additional char slot for a one time pay of $5. It was really a small entry fee. Just to sell the Green Lantern DLC.

Farkov is now level 27.

RK47

Patron
Yay, level 30! ;) Maybe I'll reset powers later..now buying Green Lantern power set to unlock more character slots.

Vaarna_Aarne

Alright bros, I've got Legendary access now. Before Codex Movie Night, I'll set up the chat channel for us, it'll be:

Channel: codexia
Password (if available): livelongandprosper

First let's see if both villains and heroes can join it. If not, I'll create a second channel for villains.

So let's think of us some cool League names, shall we? I was thinking that for villains we could be Secret Society of _______ (ie, Secret Society of Stereotypical Villains).

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Companions of Diversity

Totally forgot about movie night, maybe i'll watch while I play my scheduled bloodbowl match.

Vaarna_Aarne

Reached level 30.

I must say, Champions kicks this game's ass in pretty much every category. Even the combat in DCUO is worse when you're reaching the later parts of the game, when the restrictive nature of the character system starts to show.

Also, the way they've done gearing in this as end game content is a load of shit. Champions had the right idea with making gearing something you can do within a week of one hour per day basis. Not to mention gearing in Champions is optional if you don't duel or solo team content!

Vaarna_Aarne

Then again, DCUO is only worth 10 dorra, because there's nothing worth putting money in for. :smug:

I ain't gonna quit the game though. Just warning bros that while leveling up is pleasant all, the gearing part will make it all the worse. I'm talking about doing the same Alert (Arkham Asylum, since it seems to queue up the quickest and gives 6 tokens) 6+ times to get ONE piece of Triumph gear, which is just step one in the gearing process.

The second MIGHT be faster, depending entirely on the amount of time Raids take (4+ Raids a piece), but keep in mind that before you can even dream about participating there you're expected to have full T1 item set (= ~60 Alerts).

As for T3, fogettabaatit. Apparently it takes on average six weeks to get even one piece.

And of course, the stat differences between tiers are astronomical. In CO things are way better because you don't have to grind months for bullshit items to be able to be competetive. You either do Nemesis missions for a week or two or pop in a Token Booster and be done in less than a week, and you get top of the line gear.

Basically, this is the kind of bullshit I'm proud to say Champions is free of.

RK47

Patron
I couldn't care less about the tiered gear. I just want to level up some new heroes and villains and see the how each power and skill combo differs. Which CO F2P doesn't give me the opportunity to.

Volourn Honorblade - Nature / 2 Hander Hero ready for duty :salute:

I'm not sure if I spelled it with Honour or Honor ROFFLES! Delivering Pop-a-mole with a 2 by 4!

League Names:
The Majestic League
Cult of Codexia
Brotherhood of Diversity
I Want to be a Dragon League

Vaarna_Aarne

Alright, I've got League name ideas here:

Hero: Majestic League

Villain: Secret Society of the Codex

You guys dig?

Vaarna_Aarne

I'm starting to get more than a creeping suspicion that NOBODY has ever properly playtested this game. I've already encountered TWO alerts that were fucked up when it came to balancing, one literally impossible to beat with the appointed level (Watchtower Containment). Similarly, Stryker's Island solo zone is anything but solo. Actually, I don't think they even have a player test server.

Not to mention the actual power sets themselves are very unbalanced when it comes to their roles. Nature is overwhelmingly good as a healer for example, and Ice is far superior to Fire for tanking.

Overall, more bullshit I don't have to deal with in Champions.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah, this game is kinda poorly designed. The sorcery pets on the summoning tree are so useless I don't even know why they exist...

Also those fucking vague descriptions that don't mention cooldown, charging time, range, radius, etc.

Vaarna_Aarne

Yea, I really hate how I can't actually see what the fuck the powers really do. Not even the wiki shows that. It just lists the same vague description as the game.

Not to mention there are several powers that literally do nothing. Ice Weapons for example does only jack for effect and a shit FX (that doesn't even show up 90% of the time).

Similarly, the inability to see your buffs or total amount of health and power is fucking annoying.

Also, whoever the retard was who thought it was a brilliant idea to have a separate defensive stat for PvP and PvE needs to be hanged from his balls. It's worse than Oblivion mechanics ffs.

thesoup

Arcane
Where are you guys from? I'd like to join in on the fun if you're eurofags like myself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom