Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DC Universe Online is free now

• Thread starter Deleted member 7219
  • Start date

anus_pounder

Arcane
I highly suggest none of you do a fire tank. Not because its useless, but because its boring. On the plus side, one of the late game fire powers is apparently so graphics intensive you can (troll) crash crappy computers if you use it in the middle of a particularly populated spot. :lol:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yay level 13. Just kicked Titan asses. It was great. Corrupting Raven. Superheroine fetishists will have a blast in this MMO.

RK47

Patron
I got a hero named Farkov. Gadgets / Dual Pistols are fun, but I like magic storyline arc better...I get to do more devious shit in Villain Arc.

It's a certain fantasy of mine to beat Superheroes. Given the choice, would you work with Batman to take down Scarecrow or work with Luthor to take down .....POWER-GRRL?! (And Collect her DNA, this made me give an evil chuckle...)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Admit it, you just want to tastefully rape Power Girl and laugh evilly.

Anyway, anyone found out if a League will stay formed after its founder (and all members) go Premium?

RK47

Patron
But but....I AM A MAN!

POWERGAL.jpg

anus_pounder

Arcane
Ehh. Not interested. I prefer someone....older. Like Wonder Woman and the like. I wouldn't mind some oracle either. :thumbsup:

But anyway. RK47, how was the progression from lv.10 to 13 like ? Did it take long or was it pretty short ? Level Ups seem to come much faster and more frequently than most MMOs, just like in CO. This is something I like. :salute:

RK47

Patron
anus_pounder said:
Ehh. Not interested. I prefer someone....older. Like Wonder Woman and the like. I wouldn't mind some oracle either. :thumbsup:

But anyway. RK47, how was the progression from lv.10 to 13 like ? Did it take long or was it pretty short ? Level Ups seem to come much faster and more frequently than most MMOs, just like in CO. This is something I like. :salute:

I got it in like,...less than 3-4 hours? Just kept doing mission to mission and it all adds up. I was having fun clearing stuff up too. I got 30-50 % EXP total per mission arc. I explored the Hall of Doom quest and got 3000 EXP at the end of it. It was great. I didn't feel like I was grinding. Even if you're level 9, don't disregard those lower level quests arcs...an equal level boss in most instances will trounce you if you don't use consumables and such. I had to return at level 10 to beat the Titan Crew convincingly. Those power unlocks matter and add to the fun.

Very, very happy about this F2P. Can't ask for more.

Gya-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Wasted 2 skill points in flight powers. Did you guys pick up an additional weapon at lv.10 or are you sticking to one ?

EDIT : World down for hotfix. 10 mins to 1 hour apparently. Looks like my fire build is supposed to be good in tanking PvP. Well thats kind of a bummer, I don't intend to PvP at all. Oh well, its not like I'm completely useless in PvE.

RK47

Patron
There's a re-spec option in the hall of doom if you wish. I gotta admit, I'm slightly power-gaming here..but man...the disables move for Mind is awesome. In addition to rooting the enemy I also deal damage PLUS tossing a nearby object at them. Funny shit watching cars get tossed at random minions on the streets.

Can't wait to login. Gotta shower now, just got off work.

Vaarna_Aarne

Anyone else got this problem that the game freezes to halt when you log in and start playing? It hasn't crashed per se, but it takes multiple seconds to do ANYTHING, and control panel lists the program as unresponsive.

EDIT: Works again now.

Also, I'm thinking about replacing Mister Silver with the following remake of the character (using the only premium costume piece worth a damn), Doctor Universe:

MPYR0201_DESIGNERDATA-PC-08-1436150.jpg

RK47

Patron
Might as well make Raoh the Majestic Batcheeks :lol: I'm trying to login now. I remade character five times already and settled on on :)

anus_pounder

Arcane
FFS. I beat the teen titans and then entered raven's mind or whatever, game told me the zone didn't exist and logged me out. I went back in, beat the titans, entered raven, same thing. I went back in a 3rd time, same thing. :x

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
My game randomly freezes for like two seconds from time to time. It's p. annoying when it happens.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Seriously, how fucking incompetent are these guys when it comes to technical aspects?
at least it doesn't corrupt your os into an unrecoverable state like anarchy online did.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
anus_pounder said:
:lol: It did what ?
back in beta before the final pre-release stress test there was a patch that caused bsod and unrepairable corruption if you rebooted after said bsod. they did catch it quickly and had a fix for the bsod people who saw the warning and didn't reboot, but not fast enough for me. ao beta was full of happy fun times.

RK47

Patron
SuicideBunny said:
Vaarna_Aarne said:
Seriously, how fucking incompetent are these guys when it comes to technical aspects?
at least it doesn't corrupt your os into an unrecoverable state like anarchy online did.

You guys seem to forget about the SOE account leak on their Playstation network....
Anyways, hit level 15. This is very, very fast paced leveling. Amazing how far I can get from just 1-2 hours of investment daily.

Vaarna_Aarne

Reached level 13 today as Doctor Universe. He's going to look mighty fine with the Meta influence gear at level 30.

Also, it seems Alerts are completely broken at the moment. I did Area 51 twice but the thing did the "zone does not exist, DISCONNECT END OF LINE" thing when I tried to get on the final stage of it on Brainiac's ship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom