Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dead Space remake from Motive Studios

ferratilis

Magister
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...r-confirms-hes-helming-the-dead-space-remake/
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s director confirms he’s helming the Dead Space remake
UBISOFT VETERAN ERIC BAPTIZAT CONFIRMS GAME DIRECTOR ROLE FOR THE SCI-FI HORROR REVAMP

Also:
THE DEAD SPACE REMAKE DEV TEAM (SO FAR)

Alexis Dumas, senior 3D environment artist (Mass Effect Andromeda)

Pierre-Vincent Bélisle, gameplay tech lead (Mass Effect Andromeda)

Jo Berry, writer (Mass Effect Andromeda)

:dead:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Considering it'll be tied to their shitty Origin platform... no thnx.

ferratilis

Magister
If you think Origin is bad, wait till you see their new EA Desktop app, which is now in beta, and will probably replace Origin at some point. There are no words to describe how shitty it is.

MapMan

Arcane
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...r-confirms-hes-helming-the-dead-space-remake/
THE DEAD SPACE REMAKE DEV TEAM (SO FAR)

Alexis Dumas, senior 3D environment artist (Mass Effect Andromeda)

Pierre-Vincent Bélisle, gameplay tech lead (Mass Effect Andromeda)

Jo Berry, writer (Mass Effect Andromeda)

WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE SUCH MOCKERY!?

usd84mVnsqW2iatGoBFziU.jpg

Tyrr

Liturgist
When you're creatively bankrupt, you start doing remakes. The same happened in the movie industry.

Razor

Arcane
TBH I am kind of curious of how much woke can they ram into this. Might have some prime comedy potential. Also bonus points for putting the Andromeda woketards on the case- now the necros can reach true uncanny valley potential.

JDR13

Arcane
TBH I am kind of curious of how much woke can they ram into this. Might have some prime comedy potential. Also bonus points for putting the Andromeda woketards on the case- now the necros can reach true uncanny valley potential.

1 out of every 4 necromorphs will be darker than the others, and at least 2 out of 5 wil be gay. Boss necromorphs will be gender fluid.

lightbane

Arcane
I would think that closed stories cannot be broken by modern politics, but the FF7 Remake abomination with the Nomura self-inserts told me otherwise. This will be FUN to watch.

1 out of every 4 necromorphs will be darker than the others, and at least 2 out of 5 wil be gay. Boss necromorphs will be gender fluid.

You shoot the pee pee off the necromorph and it becomes stunning and brave.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://venturebeat.com/2021/08/05/dead-space-will-launch-in-late-2022-if-development-goes-to-plan/

Dead Space will launch in late 2022 if development goes to plan

Electronic Arts is really making that Dead Space game that fans wanted. The game is going simply by the name “Dead Space.” And as I previously reported, that represents developer EA Motive’s desire to remake the original game while also rebooting the franchise as a whole. And fans should get a chance to experience the results of those efforts when Dead Space launches in fall of 2022, according to sources familiar with development.

This means the game is a little bit more than a year away. Of course, in the tumultuous games industry, target dates slip frequently. And it’s important to note that EA has not yet publicly stated or confirmed release timing for Dead Space.

I reached out to EA for comment, and a spokesperson for the publisher provided the following statement:

“We haven’t shared a release date for the game, and we don’t have any comment based on the current rumor and speculation. But we’re glad people are excited for the game!”

But internally, EA is expecting to launch Dead Space during its fiscal 2023. So we won’t see that in its financial guidance until early next year. But by then, we will likely have heard more from the publisher about this game.

The company does have some intentions to reveal more of Dead Space before the end of 2021. That could take the form of a trailer dropping on the company’s YouTube page, or maybe it’s another candidate to show up at The Game Awards in December.

At that time, it’s possible that EA could give a release date — although that might go against current trends. Many publishers are keeping final release dates quiet until much later in the marketing cycle. This is due to the pandemic making a tough business even more uncertain. But it’s also because publishers are seeing little downside as games continue to sell even if customers have to wait to the last minute for release specifics. For example, Nintendo didn’t announce Mario Golf: Super Rush until February, and it sold more than 1.3 million copies in 5 days in June.

fork

Not worth, like (almost) all remakes. Either the game is good, or it's not. In either case, graphics have nothing to do with it.

Wunderbar

Arcane
"we just started the production"

Lol, so nothing is ready and the game will be releasing in 2024 at best. Get the fuck out with early announcements.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeadSpace/comments/plovbx/dead_space_update_from_motive/hcbyqvj/

Hey Dead Space community,

Thank you for tuning in to our livestream last week! If you weren’t able to catch it live, you can view it here. We’ve really enjoyed seeing and hearing all of your feedback and reactions.

It was important to us to give you an early look at what we’ve been working on so you could tell us your thoughts. We’ll continue reading your feedback and what your expectations are for the remake of Dead Space.

Everything we showed was a work in progress which means that we’ll be working on things like Isaac’s suit, the aesthetic and ambiance of the Ishimura. We’re doing work to ensure it has the right level of wear and tear. For example, here is an early work in progress clip showing some of the ways that the team is going to be giving that worn look to the Ishimura.

We’re going to be heads down now working on the game, taking some time to review all the thoughts, theories, and suggestions you’ve all shared with us. We look forward to showing you how you’ve helped shape the game next year when we’re further in development!

Ash

Arcane
What if 'reimagining' means a nudge toward RPG horror game, something never seen before in horror.

System Shock 2, one of the greatest games of all time and of which Dead Space inspiration originally came from?
Sweet Home, which Resident Evil 1 took inspiration from?
Vampire: Bloodlines, an overrated (though it's still good) Codex top RPG entry?
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? Also a total classic.

Play more games bud.

Still, I'd like a Dead Space RPG. Too bad it will be shit either way, because 2021.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom