Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dead Space remake from Motive Studios

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
It isn't. It's the only game in the series that's actually fun to play.

Chatty and soy sounding Clarke with an even cringier plot and more DLC. No thanks.

The original is the only Dead Space game.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like the most pointless remake or remaster ever. Could have used a new story instead.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Looks like the most pointless remake or remaster ever. Could have used a new story instead.

True.

I think someone from EA has a hard-on for Glen Schofield and they want to piggy back on a potential success of The Callisto Protocol.

EA have ruined DS3 and Visceral Games and now suddenly they have money for this dead franchise ... exactly when Glen Schofield has finally managed to create a spiritual successor to Dead Space.

It's a corporate way to show Glen that they own his previous work and they still profit off his creation. Like a non-subtle "Fuck you Glen!" ... or some way to signal Glen that he can return to EA :)

I know that it sounds far fetched but it could explain this pointless remake.

edit: found this

The original creator of "Dead Space" feels a bit weird about the remake that EA is currently working on. In an interview with Game Informer in its magazine (via IGN,) "Dead Space" creator Glen Schofield shared his feelings about EA remaking the original game without him. "I took [the announcement] as a compliment. I still do take it as a compliment. I'm still kind of bummed about it too. There's this weird, weird thing, like you're not attached to your own game," Schofield said. "It's a weird feeling. [...] They want to make a game better than the one you made."

Read More: https://www.svg.com/875001/why-dead...onflicted-about-the-remake/?utm_campaign=clip

Codex Year of the Donut

Tehdagah

Arcane

True.

I think someone from EA has a hard-on for Glen Schofield and they want to piggy back on a potential success of The Callisto Protocol.

EA have ruined DS3 and Visceral Games and now suddenly they have money for this dead franchise ... exactly when Glen Schofield has finally managed to create a spiritual successor to Dead Space.

It's a corporate way to show Glen that they own his previous work and they still profit off his creation. Like a non-subtle "Fuck you Glen!" ... or some way to signal Glen that he can return to EA :)

I know that it sounds far fetched but it could explain this pointless remake.

edit: found this

The original creator of "Dead Space" feels a bit weird about the remake that EA is currently working on. In an interview with Game Informer in its magazine (via IGN,) "Dead Space" creator Glen Schofield shared his feelings about EA remaking the original game without him. "I took [the announcement] as a compliment. I still do take it as a compliment. I'm still kind of bummed about it too. There's this weird, weird thing, like you're not attached to your own game," Schofield said. "It's a weird feeling. [...] They want to make a game better than the one you made."

Read More: https://www.svg.com/875001/why-dead...onflicted-about-the-remake/?utm_campaign=clip
How did EA ruin Dead Space 3? Because they added an optional coop mode?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

gameplay changes (more action, less horror)
complete departure vs the first 2 games (less cramped spaces, dull and repetitive locations)
braindead story and unappealing main characters (no mystery, another cliffhanger ending)
monetization & soulless cash grab from EA

Tehdagah

Arcane

gameplay changes (more action, less horror)
complete departure vs the first 2 games (less cramped spaces, dull and repetitive locations)
braindead story and unappealing main characters (no mystery, another cliffhanger ending)
monetization & soulless cash grab from EA
So the game is bad because it had open snowy landscapes and more enemy encounters with less scary jumps? The horror

Also Dead Space 2 had monetization schemes too

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
So the game is bad because it had open snowy landscapes and more enemy encounters with less scary jumps? The horror

DS3 is known as the game which killed the franchise. I wonder why :)

Also Dead Space 2 had monetization schemes too

Are you sure? I remember dlcs for DS2 but I don't remember micro-transactions.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
DS2 was so medicore the ending bugged out and I could not beat it. DS 1 is where it is at.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had fun with Dead Space 3, but I understand it was more action than horror. I played it with Kutulu and the few special co-op sections were cool. Like when one character goes mad, but not the other, so one player sees one thing, and the other player another thing. It was hilarious and confusing when that happened :)

The Decline

Arcane
DS2 was so medicore the ending bugged out and I could not beat it. DS 1 is where it is at.

Dead Space 1 had the notorious game stopping bug on the military ship. You don't even know if you've been hit by it until you're most of the way through the level and fixing it required going back to a save made before the level was loaded.

Dead Space 1 had the notorious game stopping bug on the military ship. You don't even know if you've been hit by it until you're most of the way through the level and fixing it required going back to a save made before the level was loaded.
Well luckily Dead Space 1’s levels only take about 30-40 minutes to get through (although unfortunately it usually feels like 2-3 hours).

Dead Space 2 was absolute trash-tier from what I played though. Don’t think I got more than a third of the way through before the eye-candy appeal wore off and I just had to tap out. Just mind-numbingly dull.

wishbonetail

Learned
Dead Space 1 is the only Dead Space. As frequently with the sequels DS2 is much more action-oriented. Action and suspence are mutually exclusive and latter is required to create horror atmosphere.

Is this game 3rd person or can you play 1st? Really dislike 3rd person shooters.
Hey guys is this remake of a third person shooter a third person shooter? I really need to tell you how much I dislike third person shooters while pretending to be interested in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom