Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dead State Kickstarter Goes Live

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Which promises were broken again?

For starter, it was promised to be an RPG.
And it's not?

And for the kind heart of your personal God, would you all stop using that 'butthurt' shit? It is NOT edgy, I assume at least some of you are grown men / women. Come on....
Well, I suppose I could inquire why you're taking it so personally and keep complaining about AoD every chance you get, as if it violated your delicate sensibilities, but it's just easier to type 'butthurt?'.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Are we in such luxury now that Codexers of all people can be so reserved about Turn Based, Party RPGs? TURN. BASED. PARTY. RPG. FFS. Back that shit now!

We should be reserved about turn based, party based RPGs when we learn that the party members will be controlled by the AI. This idea has failed in every game where it was implemented and it fundamentally conflicts with some of the key strengths of turn based combat.

It is challenging to design fun turn based combat and I'm not convinced that this project will succeed in doing it.

hiver

I have some news for you. Fallout allied NPCs were running on hastily put together scripts - not an Ai.
Because of time and money constraints imposed by the publisher.

Well,
I was just making the case that assuming that codexian have the moral duty to support ANY turn-based game, not matter how good it is, (as LundB was arguing), is a very silly proposition.
Lundb was not arguing for any such shit.
Because no one even argued for "supporting all turn based games, no matter how good it is" - in the first place.
Seeing how none who put money did it because they have some special precognition of the ending quality of the game....

Which makes your entire post extremely stupid, unintelligent, shallow, moronic and blatantly fake accusation - just as Lundb one was.

Fezzik

Cipher
There's a new update with a work-in-progress wallpaper and info on what they'll be releasing this week (e.g. music). Maybe they should have some video updates to hype people up. This kickstarter has been rather sparse in its interfacing so far, maybe in part because its taking a while to reach its goal.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's a new update with a work-in-progress wallpaper and info on what they'll be releasing this week (e.g. music). Maybe they should have some video updates to hype people up. This kickstarter has been rather sparse in its interfacing so far, maybe in part because its taking a while to reach its goal.

They were "sparse" before the Kickstarter too. DoubleBear cannot into PR.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Later this week, we’ll keep you linked to our new interviews, let you hear some music from Dead State, and have the rest of our stretch goals up for you.
Well that certainly doesn't seem desperate at all, nope. Looking forward to the gnashing of teeth, the torrent of tears since it seems very unlikely it'll even pass the first stretch goal regardless of how many carrots they try to dangle. Fourteen Thirteen weapons, and they're all yours for only $2,307.69 each. Then tens of thousands later you might get something you might care about, but can you really risk donating for that goal when it seems unlikely you're going to get it?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
All in all, I'm kinda disappointed by the lack of constant updates from the DS team. I admit that I'm spoiled by the way the developers of other Kickstarters interacted constantly. Is just a nickpick.

To repeat what Dildotron said: Double Bear cannot into PR.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They interact all the time in the comments section. But what information in the updates can they possibly have to offer? "Nope, still not funded. Still not funded. Still not funded."

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Maybe some videos of the Mitsoda's. or more sneak previews from the gaem?

mbpopolano24

Arbiter

And for the kind heart of your personal God, would you all stop using that 'butthurt' shit? It is NOT edgy, I assume at least some of you are grown men / women. Come on....

Well, I suppose I could inquire why you're taking it so personally and keep complaining about AoD every chance you get, as if it violated your delicate sensibilities, but it's just easier to type 'butthurt?'.[/quote]

Sorry VD, believe it or not I actually 'kind' of like AoD and will buy it when (if) it gets out. Also, not that this would matter but, just in case, I strongly encourage everybody to buy it. And my 'sensitive' is quite flexible, so please inquire or denigrate away. To remain on the topic, though, I am happy Dead State has been funded. Looking forward to play it as well.

Which makes your entire post extremely stupid, unintelligent, shallow, moronic and blatantly fake accusation - just as Lundb one was.

Hiver, thank you sir for your highly intelligent (I assume that you understand that stupid=unintelligent=moron), deep, and completely true comments. Any time a person (?) of your caliber is kind enough to teach morons (again, please pay attention: moron=stupid=unintelligent; got it?) like me where the true is, the world becomes a better place.

hiver

fine...fineee... alriiiight.
i used a bit too harsh words. happy?
Also no, stupid, unintelligent and moron are not entirely the same thing. Nuances matter.

still, neither lundb nor you were right at those dual presumption about the rest of us forcing or even telling anyone or even thinking that : "codexian have the moral duty to support ANY turn-based game, not matter how good it is, (as LundB was arguing)".

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
fuck you hiver. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom