Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Review DeadAlfs likes Beyond Divinity

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Vault Dweller, May 20, 2004.

1. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Tags: Beyond Divinity; Larian Studios

<a href=http://www.deadalfs.co.uk>DeadAlfs</a>, another fine UK site, featuring opinions sponsored by below average intelligence, posted a <a href=http://www.deadalfs.co.uk/reviews/1535>review</a> of <a href=http://www.beyond-divinity.com>Beyond Divinity</a> givinig it <b>7/10</b> because <b>these days it should be all 3D!</b>. Must be a new UK law or something.
    <br>
    <br>
    <blockquote>Beyond Divinity is well worth taking the time to get into. Okay, the 2D maps are getting a bit dated compared to games such as <u>Neverwinter Nights, which I do consider to be the best RPG game at the moment</u>, but that does suffer from tieing itself too close to the Dungeon & Dragons rules so aimed more at the serious player. Beyond Divinity delivers an indepth game to a wider range of gamers. Progress has been made from the original Divine Divinity as the characters are now in 3D one can only hope that they progress to a full 3D engine as that’s all that’s stopping them producing a perfect RPG game. </blockquote>Naturally, the NWN remark piqued my curiosity, so I decided to take a look at their <a href=http://www.deadalfs.co.uk/reviews/904/index.html>NWN review</a> which didn't disappoint: <i>Anyone who dares call himself or herself an RPG fan will already be halfway through the single player campaign by now and loving every minute of it.</i>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

^ Top  
  2. Jung Liturgist

Jung
    The seamy underbelly of your seamy underbelly
    Uh, piqued, maybe?

^ Top  
  3. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Damn! I was exposed to that site for 5 minutes and I alredy filing stupit. :lol: Thanks, Jung

^ Top  
  4. S4ur0n27 Liturgist

S4ur0n27
    NWN IS TEH COMPLICATED!

^ Top  
  5. bardon777 Novice

bardon777
    So is this one of them new fangled international orginazations?

^ Top  
  6. Andyman Messiah Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    NWN, best RPG for the moment? Hell, I didn't even know there was any real RPGs out on the market for the moment. I thought they died after Fallout?

^ Top  
  7. Anonymous Guest

Anonymous
    Yes, thanks to the wonderful implementation of the D&D rules in there...

^ Top  
  8. Sol Invictus Erudite

Sol Invictus
    I agree that BeyDiv looks dated as shit, though. But not for the reasons he's suggesting.

^ Top  
  9. Fireblade Augur

Fireblade
    What reasons then? Doesn't really look dated to me... Unless dated = no camera rotation

^ Top  
  10. Sol Invictus Erudite

Sol Invictus
    It's ugly. It looks really bad on big monitors. They could have at least added specular lighting in these past 2 years.

^ Top  
  11. Fireblade Augur

Fireblade
    Hmm, dunno, I play on a 22" in 1280x1024 and it looks fine. Maybe I'm just not as picky.

^ Top  
  12. Anonymous Guest

Anonymous
    Have you played Avernum, Exitium?

^ Top  
  13. Sol Invictus Erudite

Sol Invictus
    It's ugly. Fun though, unlike BeyDiv and its random missions.

^ Top  
  14. StraitLacedDeviant Erudite

StraitLacedDeviant
    why must we subject ourselves to this torture every time somebody mentions NWN. Every time the wound start to heal you guys have to rip the scab off and poke at it until it bleed thick black liquid that smells like fish rotting in the hot sun.

Lets get this over with...

NwN SuX0Rs m0n!!!! :evil:

^ Top  
  15. Sol Invictus Erudite

Sol Invictus
    I don't like the smell that comes out of my armpits when I don't shower on a hot sunday afternoon, either. But I smell it anyway, up to a point where I can't stand it anymore and take a shower.

^ Top  
  16. StraitLacedDeviant Erudite

StraitLacedDeviant
    I believe it was Oscar Wilde who first said that.....

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.