Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death to Spies worth my time?

Zuluf

Scholar
Was looking into more recent stealth games and found this. Worth a look? Please elaborate before I download 2 gigs just to facepalm.

Needs to be said that I absolutely loved Thief and to a lower extent Hit.man (sorry some faggot censored the full word), but I couldn't get into Splinter Cell because it seemed too on-rails, boring and easy.

Thanks in advance!

baronjohn

Cipher
It's not worth my time, but your time might be worth less so idk.

J/K LOL

I tried the old one. There wasn't anything wrong with it but it just didn't grab me.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
vbnvbnd.jpg

D:

I tried the old one too, and it's definitively more Hatman than Splinter Cell; it's nowhere near as on-rails, the areas are larger, you can wear disguises to blend in, etc. It's a lot harder too. More weapons than gadgetry. Feels like a mix between Hatman and Hidden and Dangerous, although it's been a while since I played the latter, so don't come complaining if it isn't.

A user named cat

MaskedMan said:
Feels like a mix between Hatman and Hidden and Dangerous, although it's been a while since I played the latter, so don't come complaining if it isn't.
503717317_252cdc1e99.jpg

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
NICE CHOICE CONSOLETARD THAT GAME IS SHIT ONLY RETARD LIKE THAT GAME. HAHAHAHA ONLY RETARDS PLAY NEW GAMES.

Draconis

Liturgist
2gb? WTF are you talking about? The demo is like 400 mb just download it and see for yourself.

karnot

Educated
but I couldn't get into Splinter Cell because it seemed too on-rails, boring and easy.
Chaos Theory gives you substantially more freedom and quality level design. Still not on Thief or Hitman level of freedom, but it was still very entertaining, giving you the illusion of choice some times, giving you a real choice other times. Best game in the series.[/code]

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I don't know how good the original is unfortunately, but I've recently downloaded the demo of Death to Spies: Moment of Truth and was pleasantly surprised. Very atmospheric game with multiple paths to complete your objectives, fairly difficult, too. I had a blast.
If only I could actually buy it somewhere (or anywhere) in Europe- yes, it's available on Steam, but I'd prefer to get my hands on the boxed version.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Azrael the cat said:
Phantasmal said:
MaskedMan said:
Feels like a mix between Hatman and Hidden and Dangerous, although it's been a while since I played the latter, so don't come complaining if it isn't.
503717317_252cdc1e99.jpg

[to the tune of the 1970s Batman TV series] Nananananenenena Nananena HATMAN! hatman! HATMAN!

this conversation makes me happy

Zuluf

Scholar
Draconis said:
So you can try it out and see if it's worth your time? Calm down.

Roleplaying baby...

Anyway it's a relatively nice russian game. Problem is the AI, which is as fucktarded as it was back in Commandos, and the physics, which are sometimes broken (OH EXPLOITABLE, that sort of thing).

Still doesn't come close to Thief or Hatman, sadly :(

Website-1-Eric-Hat-Man.jpg

Haaatmaaaan! NANANANANANANNANANANAANANANANANNA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom