Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Dammit, I thought the clock would restart, shoulda checked but I was tired. Man, I'm so sorry guys, I'm really dropping the ball here. I've asked sqeecoo to be backup admin, so that should help from now on.

So, how should we proceed?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Coming next turn: a story of the glorious Crusade of Marignon, of Lemurian regrets, and dead lizzurds.

dtvpeyzigo.jpg

Prepare yourself, arseling.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Gentlemen, I just submitted my turn but again I need to work my ass off this week end. I humbly ask for an extension of the next turn untill monday.

I hope to cause at least as much butthurt as I did last week, in before Dominion 10: Déjà vu

:troll:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Matalarata, as a new and eager admin assistant, I gotta ask: isn't the next turn gonna be Monday evening anyway?

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Probably. Dunno. Quite drunk atm, llama sasys you're right so you probabbly are, I just asked because last week was a mess.
If no action is needed, cool! Sorry for the annoyance and thx for the brofists!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
rkskjdhtvc.jpg

guxgougbat.jpg
The southern wall is about to crumble, any moment now. BATTLE FORMATION, SOLDIERS! Adam, I want your imps on the frontlines.

pymsmo.jpg
As you wish, General.

guxgougbat.jpg
Don Diego, tell your alchemists to lead those cubes of vitriol as close to the walls as possible.

suhosx.jpg
I hope you know what are you doing, General. Gelatinous Cubes are priceless assets to the Royal Fleet. If we face significant forces inside...

guxgougbat.jpg
We will not. Savage tribesmen of Mictlan are storming the very capital of Lemuria as we speak. Am sure that Lizzurd, Princess of the Black Wind, won't risk splitting her forces trying to protect both Strongbay and the capital.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
I agree with Tomaso. Imps and Gelatinous Cubes shall not be affected by the spectral weaponry of Lemurian soldiers. This should be an easy victory for Marignon.

guxgougbat.jpg
No risks. All our soldiers will hold, waiting for Goetic Order to burn the spectrals from a distance.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Let the righteous fire deliver us from Lemurian plague.

ocxoehcnpa.jpg

suhosx.jpg
My scouts report that not a single Lemur was seen amongst their ranks. They saw Centurions, Shadow Tribunes, even a couple of humans, but no Lemurs.

pymsmo.jpg
Wretched souls, abandoned even by the creature they all worship.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
But who leads this army?

kvydjmkcqz.jpg

guxgougbat.jpg
Lucius.

klsqrftfgl.jpg

suhosx.jpg
Who?

guxgougbat.jpg
His name used to be well-known in these parts a few years back. He was leading the ghosts of Lemuria to conquer provinces and kill the local population. The rumor is, Lucius double-crossed Lizzurd herself, plotting a coup together with other undead anarchists. I suppose this is why he was left here alone, with no support of Lemurs or their military.

pymsmo.jpg
Shall we make him an example of what is to come?

licvwdzpwc.jpg
I want Lizzurd herself to hear the screams of Lucius.

pymsmo.jpg
Then allow my followers to step in. Goetic Order!

focoxuwmig.jpg

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Just Fires.

guxgougbat.jpg
Mages, don't hold back! Unleash everything!

gzrfqsvjwc.jpg

taseiahyol.jpg

okuglwclly.jpg

sewuqokbxl.jpg

jhvdtxmajp.jpg

mtmljvodud.jpg

pymsmo.jpg
It is time, Helkar. Go fetch the soul of Lucius for me.

evxcpsspry.jpg

suhosx.jpg
The battle is over, General! A sound victory!

qhesgvxgwb.jpg

guxgougbat.jpg
We have yet to see the real armies of Lemuria.

suhosx.jpg
I can only guess they are engaged with Mictlan right now.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
A messenger found me during the battle for Strongbay. Apparently, Mictlan has captured Lemurian capital just recently. This message included a detailed report.

erktedmxrm.jpg

suhosx.jpg
This is it. Lemuria, this ungodly excuse of a nation, is gone. All within a single month.

guxgougbat.jpg
Without Campus Sceleris, Lemuria will vanish very soon. But one question remains - where is Lizzurd and her Lemur followers?

Last edited:

Lizzurd

Cipher
Dayyālu, please complete your part of a deal. I asked for a bane crossbow and lantern, and now I see only lantern and 1 astral pearl.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dayyālu, please complete your part of a deal. I asked for a bane crossbow and lantern, and now I see only lantern and 1 astral pearl.

Meanwhile, in the conversation about removing Bane Venom Charms from my lands...

1 Lantern next turn and a crossbow (need to forge and send it).

We have a deal.

I'm not responsible of what you understand, I'm responsible of what I say.

The Astral pearl is a freebie. Just because.

And complaining in the public thread that you can't read does not amuse me, Lizzurd. Next time, PM.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
msheayinkg.jpg

A few years ago the castle of Utelvania became the host for the Goetic Order of Marignon. Diabolists, Goetic Adepts and Goetic Masters gather here, under the protection of ever-vigilant soldiers, vicious demons, and magical Domes. Here lies the famous Summoning Circle, greatest pride of Marignon.

nbfthovara.jpg

Less than a week ago, a ship from the capital had docked in the port beneath the cliffs. It was the Inquisition's private vessel, "The Divine Will". The ship was full of soldiers, blood slaves and Inquisitors of different ranks, including Grand Inquisitor de Prado himself.

A long research project has been finished recently. Among numerous new posibilities for the Kingdom, it discovered the methods and rituals for summoning greater infernal beings. De Prado demanded to use one of those rituals immidiately, no matter the cost. He led the ceremony personally.

It lasted for almost a week. When it was finally over, a giant flaming figure with scythe in its hands emerged from the Circle. An Arch Devil.

qhlipakmbo.jpg

hcydngitto.jpg

De Prado ordered everybody to get out, leaving him alone with Igarak - horrible to behold, but surprisingly well-spoken.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
And so we meet again, Sebastian.

nypaevygkx.jpg
Your soul is hereby binded to my will.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Yes, I figured that much. After all I've done for you, providing my sound advice and invaluable aid, you've decided to trap me in the mortal realm, serving you like a glorified slave. How very rude.

nypaevygkx.jpg
I don't have time for chit-chat. Pressing matters demand attending.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
One day, my dear Sebastian, it will be your soul trapped in my realm. Then we'll have an eternity for casual conversations, if you don't mind speaking while being tortured and tormented. Some mortals do.

Igarak's eyes sparkled, his beard and horns suddenly ignited for a moment. An Arch Devil's smirk.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Before you begin those long-winded speeches of yours, pray tell how is my young apprentice doing?

nypaevygkx.jpg
Zeke and his warband was rather helpful in the Crusade. Captured a province; provided significant aid at breaching the walls of Strongbay citadel; and just recently he disposed of Lemurian agent, carrying a Bane Venom Charm.

gtddfssgcq.jpg

olocjmjvyp.jpg
A promising young Devil, that one. Any other news I should know?

nypaevygkx.jpg
My Crusade was a success. Marignon has claimed six provinces and one fort previously owned by Lemuria. Our enemy is reduced to a pitiful chunk of land, too afraid to show any kind of resistance.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
"Success". I've been watching your realm for entertainment lately. How can a smart mortal like you be so unfathomably delusional?

nypaevygkx.jpg
Care to elaborate?

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Look at the history of Marignon, starting from Pantokrator's vanishing. During your modest expansion followed by an extremely expensive war with Arcoscephale, Atlantis became the largest nation of the realm. Then you managed to negotiate two provinces from Atlantis, and was quite proud of it at the time period. What did Atlantis do? They conquered five provinces of Mictlan, unchallenged. While you struggled to prepare and wage your Crusade upon Lemuria with its provinces devoid of all life, Atlantis had been conquering Man, and rather successfuly, I must say. Now you are gloating about capturing some coastal fort, while the forces of Atlantis have besieged the capital city of T'ien Ch'i.

cphfexemzd.jpg

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Serving a mortal is a disgrace on its own. But joining a mortal war on a losing side will turn my name into a running joke back in Inferno.

nypaevygkx.jpg
We have an agreement with Atlantis. They are not a threat to Marignon for the time being.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Agreements. You believe in your agreements too much. I've heard a rumor that long ago you had an agreement with Lemuria, a trading deal of sorts. Now how did that end?

nypaevygkx.jpg
Enough of your mockery! Heretics are liars and traitors, all of them - I am well aware of that. Both the Royal Army and the Royal Fleet are currently occupied with conquering of Lemuria, my lands are vulnerable to treacherous attacks of the so-called "allies". That is exactly the reason of you standing here right now.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
I see. You wish to bind powerful beings to your service, so that we would protect these lands in case of unexpected invasion?

nypaevygkx.jpg
Among other defensive measures, yes. Who would you recommend, Igarak?

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Why, my own brethren, of course. The other Arch Devils.

nypaevygkx.jpg
... The needs of Marignon are more complicated than simple border defending. My people are feeling unsettled. The presence of Arch Devils will make things worse.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Indeed. Why don't you summon Angels instead, like your ancestors did long ago, during the great Ermorian War? Angels might not be as dignified as Devils, but mortals are inspired by these beings for some reason.

nypaevygkx.jpg
Not a single magic user of Marignon is capable of calling Angels. We've lost a lot of knowledge and skill since the times of Ermorian War.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
You need Angels for protection and inspiration, yet you aren't capable of calling for their help? And so you've summoned me, hoping I will give you solution to all your problems.

nypaevygkx.jpg
Would you rather prefer fighting a mortal war on a losing side?

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Manipulating an Arch Devil. You truly are the voice of Marignon. Fine, let me tell you about a certain ritual.

xocvvusrhb.jpg

nypaevygkx.jpg
Fallen Angels.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
People will never see a difference.

nypaevygkx.jpg
I will begin the preparations right away.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
I suggest you wait a bit, dear Sebastian. Rumors are spreading fast. When other nations find out you're summoning several beings of such power each month, they will know about your Summoning Circle and the amount of blood involved. The rulers of these nations will grow... concerned.

nypaevygkx.jpg
Afraid.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Concerned.

nypaevygkx.jpg
Join me during the ritual, Igarak. I will have orders for you afterwards.

neuvovdvim.png

nplnbdzroe.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
yhaoqh.png
Heya. Heard the last one? Seems like Trump lost in Iowa or whatever it's called in.... why the heck are you staring at the screen?

cklzpd.png
Grimmie just sent us a big package of "You can see me coming and I just do not care".

cklzpd.png
Wow. I mean.... wow. We are so dead so so dead like right now AGAIN

yhaoqh.png
STOP SCREAMING AND RUNNING AROUND, FOR THE PANTOKRATOR'S SAKE, FIRST YOUR MELTDOWN WHEN THE QUEEN OF ULM BLOCKED YOUR PHONE NUMBER 'CAUSE "You were creeepy" AND THEN YOU START SCREAMING WHEN HE DEPLOYS LIKE, ENDGAME SC CHASSIS

nypaevygkx.jpg
Afraid.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Concerned.

cklzpd.png
*Screams*

yhaoqh.png
*Screams louder*

cklzpd.png
Wait. Wait. Do you remember Plan G? The one we got inspiration from Noisenerd? In the secret lab? How's going that one? Heard the prototype is almost ready.... maybe we can mass produce those and get a respite. Maybe.

yhaoqh.png
*Oooomphf*. Sure. Sure. Project G. Very creative. We did that in like, even the past games.

cklzpd.png
But mecha are sexy as fuck.

hunchback_ala_modo_by_flyingdebris-d2ysb8n.jpg

rhcian.jpg

ziozlt.jpg

REACTOR: ON-LINE

nakezm.jpg

SENSORS: ONLINE

wpqjyv.jpg

vtphft.jpg

WEAPONS ONLINE

ALL SYSTEMS, NOMINAL

yhaoqh.png
We are dead nonetheless.

(I know the build is suboptimal, but lemme pass for the sake of shitpostin')

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
"Hey, everyone is summoning titans and soon giants will walk the field of battle, while I shitpost and play with my dick... Oh, well, let's at least give some funny names to commanders all around for shit and giggles..."

nIyy3yR.png

KU4Mxxy.png

:hmmm:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-tongued_nectar_bat
1280px-Macroglossus_minimus.jpg

:love: I'll keep you as a pet, you'll be summoning ghouls and stuff for me and we'll have a lot of fun together!

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
52e2821f15bdea0a26ab268f787f37ba.jpg

Rostropovich is just about to start another rousing concert for the people, when the skies darken and turn red, and a green light seems to come down from the heavens(or is it rising to meet them?).

rdk002.jpg

Shaken, with visions of angels and demons drifting between thoughts, he can't seem to find strength to perform, until.....

juego%20de%20thrones%20walkers%20ice%20demon-914_thumb.jpg

You WILL play, we had a deal.
OIr9m5o.jpg

WxbCymw.jpg

74006070.jpg

But what of these visions, Nycafor? And the skies over our dear neighbor Marignon? Is it true that the end approaches? I am a powerful god in my own right, but I can't deal with all these great beings by myself!

juego%20de%20thrones%20walkers%20ice%20demon-914_thumb.jpg

Do not worry young one, my brothers are coming. We will defend your icy realm. Now, play on!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom