Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Lizzurd

Cipher
Grimwulf, can you write a report for me also? I have 2 very large battles to tell about, but not so much free time...

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Grimwulf, can you write a report for me also? I have 2 very large battles to tell about, but not so much free time...

Send me the bottles. If the liquids inside are gud, you'll get your report.

Fake edit: yeah, right. As if I don't know you just want to poison me or smth. I'll shove those bottles up your scale-ridden ass, one after another.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Sorry guise, work is a bitch this week end. I'm unable to take my turn atm and I will be supervising a dozen second grader while they shot each other tomorrow, could I have an extension untill monday?

That last one was actually from hello friend's previous request, I wasn't sure if I was gonna be back before that timer was up, and thought he might have needed until the 25th since I didn't see a turn. I'll add another 12 hrs., if you get your turn in sooner cool, but that way there's no pressure.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Oh, come on guys... I just JUST came back home! I asked for a delay, this is gonna be bad for me and for others since I had to send items and gems this turn.

I just needed 15 minutes more :argh:

Dayyālu

Arcane
I could have sworn that yesterday the turn time was set in the evening. Today I check again at work and it's 12.40. Are we sure nothing weird happened? Because four stales are a lot.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Sometimes llamaserver breaks the games during/after rollbacks, some sort of save corruption issue - I'm no expert. Then again, sometimes it corrupts them even without rollbacks.

Usually I am against this, regardless of circumstances. This time I'm neutral - you guys decide.

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Normally I'd say let's go on with this, but I had a number of delicate transactions ongoing this turn...
Dunno, probably other players will suffer from this too, so let's hear what everyone has to say about rolling back.
My personal vote is for going on, but if even one of the damaged players has some issue, send me a PM (you know who you are) and I'll change my vote to rollback.

Dayyālu

Arcane
If it was only me, I'd accept the failure , but with four players it's a good piece if the game.I'd vote yes, and I can't even see the turn until this evening.
Let's risk, if the others agree.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Four stales is a lot. In principle I'm against rollbacks, but this might just be a good opportunity to try one. I think it's time to get extra admins again, too :)

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I understand perfectly and I agree with you! Unfortunately I also understand those who were waiting for their precious this same turn (...or else).

This really is a conundrum for me...

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Very sorry guys, my internet went down... this is the first chance I've had to get on all day. I'm ok with rolling the turn back in view of the circumstances. I don't know anything about the save corruption thing, so I will wait for someone more experienced to advise. Is this something common, or rare enough to risk it?

Living in the boonies has it's drawbacks, but you should see the views out here. :)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Generally, I think the possibility of the game ending, against some botched trades/stales, is greater. Would be a shame if the game crapped out now. I'm about to go on the Trail of Tears.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Very sorry guys, my internet went down... this is the first chance I've had to get on all day. I'm ok with rolling the turn back in view of the circumstances. I don't know anything about the save corruption thing, so I will wait for someone more experienced to advise. Is this something common, or rare enough to risk it?

Dunnow. Never tried, and the llamaserver page does not tell us of corruption issues.

Living in the boonies has it's drawbacks, but you should see the views out here. :)

Pics please :lol:, I'm interested to see the American equivalent of vivere tra i grebani!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
A stalefest fuck-up this turn will leave and long-lasting bad taste if the game goes on, true. But if the game vanishes completely because of a llamabomb, I will literally figuratively die. Decline 10 is my fav ongoing pbem.

Is this something common, or rare enough to risk it?

The question is more about are you willing to take this risk at all? Nobody will tell you something like Success chance 44%. So if you're willing - do it. If not, say so. I have to know whether I should think on this current turn or not.

Lizzurd

Cipher
In a case of need we can contact Llama admin to get game files and host the game manually.

Lizzurd

Cipher
In a case of need we can contact Llama admin to get game files and host the game manually.

All "game files" are stored in your goddamn mailbox, you crackhead raptor. Why contact Llamabeast?

1. They are stored in the mailboxes of all players.
2. The master file, required to process the turn and names as "ftherlnd", never gets mailed to anyone.
Try technical education in your next life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom