Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I wish to try the different setup for the next turn. I changed the hosting interval to 36 hours (from 48) and reminder messaging from 12 hours before the hosting to 14. I am not sure how it will go, and if at least one player will not be able to do his turn in time I will postpone for another 12 hours to make classical hosting interval.
No offense, but I require more time to do the turns as the game progresses, and a 36 hours interval is kinda chaotic to remember, as the deadline varies every time (particularly if one got used to the old timeline). If you can't wait, join more games. And it seems that "everyone" bar me got the password..... at least no one will do like in the Warhams game, where someone took the initiative of ending the game WITHOUT ASKING THE HOST. Improper.
Wait really!? But who did you give the PW to?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Spent 10 minutes trying to find the Pretender of Bogarus on the battlefield. I hate you, KoolNoodles.

Here is a fun game, men. Try to find a Svartalf Mastersmith on this picture.

ejrjjp.jpg

Oh, he's there. You just have to look harder.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Spent 10 minutes trying to find the Pretender of Bogarus on the battlefield. I hate you, KoolNoodles.

ejrjjp.jpg

Is it that person behind that lizard? Actually behind the archer behind that lizard...

Dayyālu

Arcane
My Internet failed for an hour, no one extended, as I have seen.

And in the middle of a war with Bogarus, even!

Thus I learn to heed Lizzurd 's teachings to always submit as soon as I can, even if diplo is a mess.

ejrjjp.jpg

AND THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE

WHERE IS THE DWARF

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'm happy with this, but also happy with a longer timer if that's what people want. But more admins would probably do more to prevent stalls.

Dayyālu

Arcane
My Internet failed for an hour, no one extended, as I have seen.

Damn, sorry Dayyālu.

Would setting the timer to a longer interval help anyone? I see more games have started, if more time is needed I'm ok with that.

My fault at not sending the turn before, truth be told, so no prob in keeping 48h. When we reach 60 or so and Grimwulf and C'tis will be fighting the Ragnarok on the ruins on our civilizations, we can maybe switch to 72 :lol:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
hello friend , please do your turn. If you need more time, please let us know.

Maybe someone with a better spy network will correct me, but as I see it, TC only has one castle left - his capital. His forces have been staying inside for several turns in a row. I'm fairly certain he doesn't plan to do anything in any case, preparing to make a last stand against Lemuria.

mhzbvu.jpg

Bottom line - not much point in waiting for TC.

Lizzurd

Cipher
No one can mess with Lemuria and stay alive! This month Lemurian ghosts defeated a group of Tien Chi mages, killing in total 12 wizards and 4 commanders. The total losses of Lemuria are 2 dispossessed spirits.

mx1ji.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
It's true. What. The. Fuck.

I don't know. must be a racial trait or something. After all,

I am haruspex and I cannot foretell without dead creatures!

On the other hand, in the midst of the tunnels of the Ice Floe City....

oitlbl.jpg

yhaoqh.png
Focus on the American flank! YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ON THE OTHER SIDE! You simply lack the British artillery and the Axis Air is too strong. Guess it's better to start it all over.

cklzpd.png
Like the Decline10 game, nay? That's a mess also!

yhaoqh.png
Uhnnn..... it's not quite a mess. ....well, it's a mess. At least, we are breaking some noses before they get us.

stzqhy.jpg

yhaoqh.png
I want a summon Churchill IV spell. :negative:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
irsokk.jpg

The war camp of Marignon was a gruesome sight to behold. Dead and diseased covered the ground; while those still alive were laughing and drinking with demons.

Three leaders of the Royal Army were going through the war camp with inspection, followed by their loyal bodyguards. One of them was High Inquisitor Mendoza, the Prophet of Marignon and the one who speaks on its behalf, protected by elite Royal Guards.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
I don't understand. This province is supposed to provide much more supplies than we need.

hkxara.jpg

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Yet our people are starving, and disease is spreading rapidly.

The other one was Tomaso del Monferrada the Witch Hunter General, and his loyal elite halberdiers. The man tasked with leading the army.

guxgougbat.jpg
The enemy is nearby, watching us from the shadows. A lot of them.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
What are you talking about, Tomaso?

guxgougbat.jpg
The peasants don't tribute as many supplies as they should, and their excuses sound more than suspicious. They are feeding enemy scouts, that's why our own people don't get enough. But that wouldn't be surprising by itself, since there always have been scouts lurking about.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
A few scouts here and there can only eat so much.

guxgougbat.jpg
Exactly. And we lack a significant amount of supplies - just look at all those dead and diseased! Unrest in the province keeps rising, despite the work of our patrols.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
What are you implying?

guxgougbat.jpg
I know only one group of people capable of avoiding our patrols, while keeping unrest high, and consuming that many supplies behind our backs.

The third man remained silent until now. Tall, withered and crooked, with dirty grey hair covering his face; his whole body was mutilated during years of practicing blood magic.

zmpzsl.jpg

Adam Crowley the Goetic Master - the one who commands the Goetic Adepts and Apprentices in this particular army. And the demons, of course. At first glance it almost seems like he's walking alone and unprotected, but on a closer look one can notice that Adam has three shadows instead of one, and two of them are always whispering. These shadows are Fiends of Darkness, bound to protect Crowley with their lives.

pymsmo.jpg
I think I know of the group that you're speaking about, Tomaso. Things are getting interesting. *chuckles*

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Would somebody tell me what's going on?

pymsmo.jpg
Khlysty are walking among us, dear Prophet. Masters of disguise, always travelling in groups - that's where the lack of supplies is coming from. Their ability to stay out of the sight and raise unrest far surpasses anything known to the world.

guxgougbat.jpg
It is true. I had to deal with them in the past - a tough task even for the best Inquisitor of Marignon.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
The order of Khlysty originates from Bogarus, isn't it? It makes no sense. They are our allies!

guxgougbat.jpg
Their Kingdom always denied any connection with Khylsty order. Officially, it doesn't even exist.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Maybe it's a skilled enemy spy from... Ulm? Or just a lot of scouts roaming about.

guxgougbat.jpg
A spy wouldn't sabotage that many supplies. And ordinary scouts wouldn't be able to keep unrest that high. Furthermore, if there were many scouts sneaking around, our patrols would catch at least a single one.

pymsmo.jpg
I trust the experience of our General. Besides, my own intuition tells me the same.

guxgougbat.jpg
Bogarus is up to no good.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
... Fine. I will send a detailed report to de Prado.

The leaders approached a large gathering of soldiers. The soldiers were surrounding a bunch of dying lepers and laughing merrily.

guxgougbat.jpg
What's the deal here? Wait. Who is this leper in plate cuirass? His face looks familiar to me.

pymsmo.jpg
Oh, I think it was one of my rod carriers. We tried to call them Leper Kings, but most of the soldiers refer to them just as "cursed souls".

licvwdzpwc.jpg
What have you done to him, Crowley? He looks even worse than the others.

pymsmo.jpg
Well, somebody has to pay the Price. Humans cannot normally lead demons, unless they dabble in death magic, which is forbidden here in Marignon. Or if they are true masters of Blood Magic, which is in all honesty quite diffuclt to grasp. So we have to use these magical rods that grant the wielder an ability to lead small hordes of demons, but also shorten their lives significantly. They suffer of diseases and leprosy, occasionnaly lose their limbs and sometimes even minds. Like this one over here - eventually he became feeble-minded, and that affected his leadership too. Another one took his rod, and this one, well... I granted his soul to Helkar - our best Harlequin.

Only now did Tomaso and Mendoza notice that the soldiers were not laughing at the lepers themselves, but rather at Demon Jester who was standing by their side. Apparently, that jester was juggling with the eyes of dying lepers.

cbvlnu.jpg

licvwdzpwc.jpg
How could we fall so low?

pymsmo.jpg
Don't let it get to your head, High Inquisitor. The Leper Kings are criminals that were supposed to be sentenced to death anyway. Normally a man who carries the rod doesn't last even a year. But our lizard shaman-slaves are doing a great job at keeping them alive. Truly the lizard race is blessed with the art of healing.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
Criminals or not, they are still humans. Why do you have to torture and humiliate them like that?

pymsmo.jpg
I am merely doing what the General asks me. Providing demon support, while making sure that our men's morale won't be affected. See, it's not an easy task to keep them happy fighting alongside demons. But Harlequins can solve that and much, much more. Nobody feels bad about those corpses and deaths that surround us every day. Nobody minds imps and their foul way of communicating. In fact, I saw several soldiers playing dice with imps the other day. Trust me, High Inquisitor - when the time of battle comes, you will thank me for keeping these people merry.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
You son of a...

guxgougbat.jpg
The Cause justifies everything.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
... *sighs* The Cause justifies everything.

As the three leaders were walking away from the soldiers, Tomaso del Monferrada looked back for a moment. One final glance at the leper in plate cuirass.

guxgougbat.jpg
(I am sure I've seen his face somewhere...)

mmqeie.jpg

Last edited:

hello friend

Arcane
FINAL REPORT FROM THE FRONT LINES

Our troops were dying. And no one could explain why. Since the beginning of the campaign, there had been few engagements. Scouts would report sounds, as of a great multitude 'just over yonder', only to find empty fields.

These blasted lands. These damn ghosts. What terrible sin, that a whole legion's worth of spirits will turn away from their descendants in selfishness. Who will be there to guide them?

Rogue spirits. Ethereal banditry. To think I'd see the day. I briefly touch my ornate belt buckle, a gift from my father. His spirit makes a home here, as does my grandfather, and his father, and so on and so on. To grow up absent of such protection is unthinkable. What happened in this hellish place, I wonder.

Jl1HCp9.png

Ah. And here are some now. Look at that smirk. This will not stand.

Those who have a full complement of limbs walk, those less fortunate crawl, stumble - some are blind. No matter. Those that can beat their shields with their weapons, and these remaining few, these last survivors, let loose their clucks of doom. Cluck. Cluck.

Esteemed One, I'll admit a tear sprung to my eye seeing our mutual friend Ching Chang Chong charging furiously towards the enemy. He had lost his limbs earlier, but his warrior spirit was unquenched. Crowing like a rooster, he rolled across the battlefield faster than I would have thought possible.

However, it was all for naught. So weakened were we all, and so hungry, that after chasing after these ghosts for some time we decided instead to return whence we came. Alas, Ching Chang didn't make it. Others, too, collapsed from their exhaustion and infirmity on the way back, never to stir again.

As I write this, I am eating my last meal. I can go on no longer.
ymVsWBT.png

Enlightened Leader, I think I figured it out! Delectably exquisite as it is, candied and jellied ectoplasm provides no sustenance. I can (almost) taste it on the tongue, yet the belly doesn't fill. If only I'd known!

I can hear murmurs in the dark. More of these irresponsible spectres, I have no doubt. We are too few now, and too weak to fight them. Goodbye, my friend. Ancestors ward you, and the Blue Sky grant you it's favour.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom