Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
I never lied to you, rascally froggit. If you read my oh-so-detailed Ulmfiction, you'd see I tried to abide to the Blood Fountain mythos and uh, "flavour".

Dayyālu

Arcane
I never lied to you, rascally froggit. If you read my oh-so-detailed Ulmfiction, you'd see I tried to abide to the Blood Fountain mythos and uh, "flavour".

cklzpd.png
What's a "Froggit"?

yhaoqh.png
No idea, mang.

yazaqp.jpg

yhaoqh.png
"Life is difficult for this enemy"

cklzpd.png
"You have no idea."

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Alright guys, just leave me be. I'm not even making any money off this garbage dump, I just want to be left alone. :argh:

RwS9a5x.jpg

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
okcorogsql.jpg

The capital city was busting with life and activity. It was the only place in the whole Kingdom where people were not afraid to go outside. No murderous hawks flying above; no blood mages taking away young maidens; and no hostile armies standing on the borders. Life in the capital city promised happiness, but local taxes allowed only the most wealthiest citizens to live here.

Cardinal Carmont took care of the city in de Prado's absence. Once a legendary leader of men, the greatest Inquisitor of Marignon, now but a former shadow of himself - old, weary, broken.

hqoeaehyhy.jpg

He could not accept the new ways of the Kingdom, but lacked the strength of will to try and change something. Life under de Prado's command was difficult enough for Cardinal Carmont, but now he has to obey Magoth, and that is even worse.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Rook d6. Check.

Chess. This is Carmont's life now. Sometimes Magoth tells him to go check the research in the Royal Library or Goetic Order; and twice a month Carmont begs his leave to regulate local affairs, such as taxes, laws and trials. The rest of his life is now occupied with damnable chess with an Arch Devil. He couldn't beat Magoth during all these months, not even once. Now he doesn't even hope to. He doesn't want to play, and never did. He is not even allowed to sleep. To have a break.

pqxkdkdzrv.jpg
King... h7.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Escaping again. *Spits* That's the only thing you humans are capable of. Running away.

qxmmnromxg.jpg
That is not exactly true.

Furcas spent most of his days standing by the tall window, observing the city in silence. Occasionally he took part in the conversation. Cardinal avoids looking at Furcas, whose appearance is extremely revolting even for an Arch Devil.

penkrxsufe.jpg

mjaclaozda.jpg

qxmmnromxg.jpg
There is one thing that humans have truly mastered.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Knight f8. Check. What's that "thing", Furcas? Being fucking annoying?

qxmmnromxg.jpg
No. Doing nothing. Why are we here, Magoth? Why did he summon us? The frog creatures and lizard tribes have conquered half of the world by now. They own this realm. Meanwhile, we are standing aside. Watching. Getting weaker each month. Granting the enemy time to prepare. This mortal idiot de Prado tries to "follow agreements", but the rest of the world laughs at him, conspires against him. De Prado pretends he doesn't have a choice. But if you ask me, it's just an excuse to do nothing.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Speaking of which. Make your pathetic move before I burn your withered balls, Carmont!

pqxkdkdzrv.jpg
King... h8?

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Why are you so criminally stupid, mortal? I know a drunkard imp who plays better than you.

pqxkdkdzrv.jpg
Please, Master Magoth. I need to gather research reports from the Royal Library. Can I go while you think over your turn?

kadyfntsgl.jpg
"Think over"? Don't flatter yourself, vermin. Rook h8. Checkmate.

pqxkdkdzrv.jpg
Uhh...

kadyfntsgl.jpg
GET OUT OF MY SIGHT!

Magoth threw a chess piece at Carmont's head while he was crippling away. It hit with a satisfying *thud*.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
I hate this place. It's not hot enough. The streets stink of human flesh. AND THIS HORRIBLE MUSIC, I HATE IT!!!

The music was truly a curse of Marignon. It came from leagues away, the cold lands of Bogarus. Supernatural orchestra that never, ever stopped. Too faint to hear it clearly from the noisy capital of Marignon, but during rare moments of silence there could be no denial - Mstislav-Rostropovich and his followers are still performing.

qxmmnromxg.jpg
At least you won't have to lead a hopeless attack on Bogarus. The lands are cold over there, and the music is even louder.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
I would prefer killing humans, rather than playing chess with the most retarded of them.

qxmmnromxg.jpg
"Killing". More like watching your own humans getting killed. Did you see the so-called "army" they assigned to my frontier?

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Yes, you whiny holemonger. I was tasked with making preparations for your arrival.

qxmmnromxg.jpg
And what does de Prado expect me to do with them? He sends the Royal Army with Tomaso del Monferrada and Igarak to invade Atlantis. The Royal Fleet, Buriol and Ethanim will attack Mictlan, all supported by hordes of demons and Fallen Angels. And what do I get? A shitty bunch of fresh recruits, who haven't been involved in any action yet.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Well, boo-fucking-hoo. Deal with it, bitch. As a matter of fact, some of the angels will support your forces too. Abaddon and Azrael are ready to attack the moment de Prado gives the order. Samael will be in the region, fighting Atlantis - he will join you in the worst case scenario.

qxmmnromxg.jpg
Three of them at best. Do you know how many Ice Devils do those Bogarusians have?

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Nobody expects heroic victories from you, Furcas. We all know you are incompetent. Why do you think de Prado sent me here, in the capital city?

qxmmnromxg.jpg
To play chess with Carmont, it seems.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Your sense of humour makes Buriol look funny. I am the strongest astral mage in the Kingdom, maybe in the entire realm. And this...

Magoth lifted a huge tome from his desk.

qflwnpzpkk.jpg

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Shall grant us victory over Bogarus.

qxmmnromxg.jpg
A book?

kadyfntsgl.jpg
I'm surprised you know the word for it, since apparently you never saw one. Yes, you dumbfuck. It's a book. But not just a book - it's THE book. I managed to acquire this artifact before Atlantis could lay his dripping wet hands on it. Which is quite an achievement, you ignorant fuck.

qxmmnromxg.jpg
I still don't understand.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
I'll try to make it short and simple, so that your rotting mind can grasp at least a portion of the whole plan. Both of us are unlucky enough to serve Marignon - a nation that was blessed by the former God of this realm. Even though the God vanished years ago, some Divine Rules still remain in power. Among other things, Marignon is the only nation in existence whose people have the divine right of calling angels. I mean, real actual angels.

owrypulupg.jpg

eclwfcotrv.jpg

uuopjmrnna.jpg

eblpkeqtbv.jpg

kadyfntsgl.jpg
All you have to do is to find a capable astral mage and hoard enough astral pearls. Marignon's treasury is abundant on the pearls, but the irony of the situation is their inability to call angels.

qxmmnromxg.jpg
Are you saying that YOU, an ARCH DEVIL, are going to summon angels?

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Not only that, but according to the divine laws, they will be bound to the will of the summoner. The angels will obey me, Furcas.

qxmmnromxg.jpg
And you will obey de Prado.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
Until he claims Godhood over the realm, yes. I will lead angelic hosts to conquer Bogarus, Atlantis, Mictlan and whoever tries to resist. But afterwards? De Prado will have to release me. The nature of our agreements is not divine, for binding demons is very different from binding angels. Sooner or later I will be able to come back to Inferno.

qxmmnromxg.jpg
Bringing an entire army of angel slaves with you.

kadyfntsgl.jpg
One day, Furcas. One day soon, I will become the most powerful Demon Lord of Inferno.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
We're not scared, not at all. We'll fight fallen angels, demons and the forcibly bound heavenly choirs with our greatest weapon:

You're not afraid, right Hunny?

nIyy3yR.png

:love:
Love is the greatest weapon!
:0-13:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
nxsbyfvumt.jpg

It's been months since soldiers of the Royal Army held a noisy feast. Although the storages were still abundant with food, drinks and supplies, men of the Kingdom were not in the mood for hedonism. They felt uneasy. Harlequins could no longer relieve the tension of living and fighting side by side with demons. Getting used to imps and lower fiends is one thing, but witnessing an angel of death flying far above them is just too much. A being of such power was capable of wiping out the entire Royal Army on its own, and every single soldier acknowledged that.

Rumor is, one could see numerous Fallen Angels in different corners of the Kingdom. But no one ever heard them speaking. Supposedly, their intention is to protect Marignon against countless enemies that covet its lands. But something about these angels just doesn't feel right.

The one that flies above Strongbay is known as Temeluchus, although some imps refer to him as Tartaruchus. Most of the days he gazes southeast, at the faraway island across the Cerulean Sea.

hotksiztjs.jpg

Meanwhile in the Citadel itself, the commanding officers of the Royal Army are discussing news and plans inside the War Room.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
I am still the Prophet of Marignon, Tomaso. My voice will be heard. Let me negotiate terms with Atlantis, and perhaps we can avoid fighting them alltogether.

pymsmo.jpg
For the first time in my entire life, I agree with Mendoza. We must focus all our forces on conqeuring Mictlan, its rich and fertile lands, so densely populated. What can we possibly gain from Atlantis?

guxgougbat.jpg
T'ien Ch'i, for a start. This is the most important strategical position for Marignon, which we must secure as soon as possible. Otherwise, there is no hope to ever unite the realm.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Think about reputation, gentlemen. If you attempt to start negotiations right now, no other nation will consider Marignon dignified. Good manners demand to enter the room and take off your hat first, and only then you may start talking.

guxgougbat.jpg
We will deliver a painful blow upon Atlantis - one they will never forget. Thus we will show the rest of the world that even Atlantis is vulnerable. As for Mictlan, no need to focus all our forces on them, Mendoza. They can still be used as allies against Atlantis.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
They are weak, Tomaso.

guxgougbat.jpg
This report says otherwise:

evriyfulyw.jpg

sptlefpgez.jpg

pymsmo.jpg
Where did you get that?

guxgougbat.jpg
What does it matter? It's a bit outdated, but you can still see the overall picture. Years ago Mictlan was reduced in territory, when Atlantis invaded them by surprise. Cheated and bitter, they covet their lands back. And revenge.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Take a glance at their military. It is actually decent. Seems like these civility-challenged people have recovered from Lemurian war losses, after all.

guxgougbat.jpg
Mictlan is perfectly capable of matching Atlantis military-wise.

pymsmo.jpg
What's in it for us? Why should we share the spoils of war with savages?

guxgougbat.jpg
The decision is up to de Prado. I suppose he will wage war on both of these nations, until they offer acceptable terms and surrender.

licvwdzpwc.jpg
He might accept their surrender for the sake of Bogarusian frontier.

guxgougbat.jpg
We'll just have to wait and see. And try not to engage ourselves in yet another war. Igarak.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Mmm?

guxgougbat.jpg
Does the name "Shodan" ring a bell?

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Why, she is a long time acquaintance of mine. A striking woman by nature, if not by inclination.

guxgougbat.jpg
Call her off. She will provoke a Marignon-Pangaea war if she keeps acting like that.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
What do you mean, dear Tomaso? I am genuinely confused.

guxgougbat.jpg
She murdered three, by some other reports four сentaurs of Pangaea. All victims were dabbling in magic. Pangaea will consider it an act of aggression from Marignon.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Murdered? My, that might be the greatest overstatement I ever heard. She is but a woman in love.

guxgougbat.jpg
Igarak. Please.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Suffice to say, her tastes in potential love partners are not particularly refined. In addition, she can't stand being rejected. Sometimes it leads to tragically comic situations, invovling dead centaurs. I fail to see how this topic is worthy of our discussion.

guxgougbat.jpg
Call her off, Igarak. I know she assassinates Pangaean officers, following your orders. I don't know or care what's your intention, but don't force me to report this situation to de Prado.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Feel free to send him a message if it will make you feel better, dear General. Last time we discussed Pangaea with Sebastian, he didn't even consider them a nation. How did he put it? Ah yes, "barbaric beastspawns with no ruler, only waking up to do something once in three months". Besides, do you know a single war in human history that started because of a woman? This would be quite ridiculous, dear General. Quite ridiculous.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
In the usual, happy world of the Atlantean Capital...

yhaoqh.png
What yer playin', dude?

cklzpd.png
Ya know, old things.

total-annihilation.jpg

yhaoqh.png
Total Annihilation? What's that, a joke on our future in the game? Ya see, Marignon is going to attack us shortly. And we have nothing to fight them with. And weren't you playing Dark Souls already? Thought you loved it?

cklzpd.png
Not only of action RPGs lives a man, and Blighttown murdered my framerate. I need to relax to endure the 12 FPS in the area. I hope it will get playable again aftwerwards. Hope. And what about Marignon?

yhaoqh.png
He has some sick jokes, sure.

olocjmjvyp.jpg
Feel free to send him a message if it will make you feel better, dear General. Last time we discussed Pangaea with Sebastian, he didn't even consider them a nation. How did he put it? Ah yes, "barbaric beastspawns with no ruler, only waking up to do something once in three months". Besides, do you know a single war in human history that started because of a woman? This would be quite ridiculous, dear General. Quite ridiculous.

yhaoqh.png
You see, it's funny because, in Real World lit....

cklzpd.png
*glares* We surrender, then?

yhaoqh.png
Guess so. Can't beat a lategame blood nation. Can't imagine how to deal with endless streams of regenerating Angels and Demons an' shit. Da heck you deal with this:

zxnpug.jpg

yhaoqh.png
Where the fuck did I leave the flag and the correct pre-written model for official surrender, though....

bzoeod.jpg
*coff*coff* You are a shame upon our glorious legacy, you know?

yhaoqh.png

cklzpd.png
.............. you are, sorry?

bzoeod.jpg
The dude in Decline1 who was sent to literal Hell while fighting a Vampire empowered by horrors. Should I add that I managed to live through several battles against Caelian Thunder Strike spammers and even engagements with Devils? Even managed to hurt one, even if he was a Ice Devil. I'll refresh your memory.

Decline1 said:
Ahh, now I remember. The champion of Atlantis. Well, no one *knows* what happened to him, truth be told. Some say he died instantly, burned by the fires of the Inferno. Others that the Devils got the better of him, and his dead body was at last found and brought back to life by the magic of the Ankagoks. Others say that's he's still there, fighting against the demon horde, like the unsung and nameless heroes of old. Who knows.

11_zps3ee14d0d.png

yhaoqh.png
Wait a sec. This is another game. Why the heck are you even there

bzoeod.jpg
Because you are a bunch of weaklings. You will not shame the memory of our Glorious Nation with surrendering to a bunch of Devils. Sure, EVERYONE near you is blood hunting like crazy and summoning Devils/Demons/Fiends and Pantokrator knows what else, but the Ukie Lizard is right. It's time to make a stand. It's time to fight. Find your strength. For dignity.

yhaoqh.png
cklzpd.png
................. but but but I don't wanna to....

bzoeod.jpg
Shuttup. And show me your armies. What we have to fight against the Demonic Hordes?

cklzpd.png
We build giant magical mechas. And a lot of infantry, too!

bzoeod.jpg
Good. Let's start reviewing equipment , tactical deployment and scripts. And get your diplo going, in a creepless way. We need help. Tons of it.

yhaoqh.png
So we are fighting a war against both Angels and Demons with giant mechas under the leadership of a forgotten hero or a previous era that survived Hell itself?

cklzpd.png
It's just like one of those Jomonese cartoons. Maybe we even get a catchy intro!

Dayyālu

Arcane
I hereby humbly request catchy anime songs or assorted crap to hear while managing the soul-crushing job of preparing to fight Grimwulf.

"SAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAANTA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaARiAAAAAA" is often enough, but I need something far more depressing or simply stupid to keep the depression in check.

Winner will have in-game gems as a reward.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I hereby humbly request catchy anime songs or assorted crap to hear while managing the soul-crushing job of preparing to fight Grimwulf.

"SAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAANTA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaARiAAAAAA" is often enough, but I need something far more depressing or simply stupid to keep the depression in check.

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Gotta go with the classics. Methodical, melancholy, with spikes of inspiration, just like trying to figure out a Dominions turn. Always post this after something terrible has happened. Some versions have less or no organ(blasphemy), are a little faster or slower(I tend to prefer slower, it's an Adagio after all).

hello friend

Arcane
Hey guys. I won`t be able to play my turn for a few days. Just had surgery and I`m convalescing somewhere I don`t have access to my own computer. Wait for me or play the next few turns without me, I`ll leave that to consensus - the game seems to be in the bag for Grimwulf and I highly doubt any actions I take will significantly impact the way the game develops.

SoZzy

Dayyālu

Arcane

Get well soon, brother.

TC is not that important, but I could take a long pause from the grind, and I have to ask a long extension for three days also between the 29 of February and the 2 of March. Not that planning against the Grimmiepocalypse is going to easen my worries, though :lol:

So, what we do? Pause? Sub?

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.

I win.

Hey guys. I won`t be able to play my turn for a few days. Just had surgery and I`m convalescing somewhere I don`t have access to my own computer. Wait for me or play the next few turns without me, I`ll leave that to consensus - the game seems to be in the bag for Grimwulf and I highly doubt any actions I take will significantly impact the way the game develops.

SoZzy
Wish you a speedy and complete recovery :salute:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Hey dude, wish you get better soon! Alas, I apologise for my absence (not that it mattered, least of all NOTICED) but RL had its hooks on me for a while.

Game wise I'm already dead, but I want to see this through the end. It's really good. So bring the Apocalypse!

And good luck, everyone!

PS: I lack the knowledge required to suggest anime songs on the vein that Day is asking for. It's been ages since I've kast watched some *new* stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom