Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Lizzurd

Cipher
This may fit your request.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Shit, Codex sometimes just doesn't give me alerts for new posts on watched topics. I'm in time though. I'll postpone 24h now, and we can discuss whether we want to pause straight up to March 2 for Dayyalu or take it a day at a time and wait for our hello friend to recover. I get the feeling a straight week-long pause would be ok for everyone, right?

Not exactly anime, but a kinda heart-warming closing pop song from Suicide Club. A movie that's completely ridiculous but I also found it strangely moving, and this song too, at the very end of a movie about mass suicides. Japan, man.

Little did we know how
little do we really know.
Everyday we 're pressing the keys...
...that execute a million commands.

If only you would say exactly
what is on your mind...
...and tell me how you really feel.
Maybe I can lend a helping hand.

Scary it's true, but loads of fun too.
To open up and feel the brand of life...
...for each and everyone.

Light yourself with life.
Light yourself with love.
Light yourself with memories.
All it takes is just a little
heart and courage on your part.

Turn yourself around and take
it once again from the start.
Though you may feel out
of touch at times...
...or fear a wicked spell
has got your life in hand.

If by some chance, you share the
feelings that I have for you...
...come occupy the chasm of my heart.
Together we can shed light on the dark.

Scary, it's true. But we 'll be happy too.
Now do you really want to say good bye...
...and leave me high and dry.

As we go, we 'll forget the
pain. We 'll find life again.

All it takes is just a little
heart and courage on your part.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Thanks for the catch sqeecoo !

I get the feeling a straight week-long pause would be ok for everyone, right?

Yeah, sure. A friend of mine just had surgery, and I've been helping him out with his dog & stuff, so I'm having a harder time than usual keeping up anyway. Consider it done.

sqeecoo

Arcane
While we wait, Dayyalu here's some more uplifting anime music I can't believe I didn't think of at once. It actually from my favorite series of all time (not just anime), but the opening song... man. Someone sat down and decided this mesmerizingly bad atrocity was actually fitting and a good choice. Beautiful.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Thanks people for all the suggestions. The weirdest soundtrack for a Dominions turn ever. At least I managed to do it.

sqeecoo wins! It's both anime enough and depressing enough.

Little did we know how
little do we really know.
Everyday we 're pressing the keys...
...that execute a million commands.

Tell me.

Second place to Zephyr Arsland 'cause the piece of this that starts at 1: 40 went off when I was checking C'tis and his blob of Tomb Serpents

And it was one of those moments. "Wait, should I worry about C'tis?" *Foreboding music*

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Eternal Pyre

Sure, and I'll cast it again the turn after, I've also been sitting on this 26F income for a long time....

:troll:

Now tell me, why should I cast BoT for 50 gems? The spell alone costs 70 and isn't exactly a smart move for my Sauros...

Edit: Guys FFS, I was trolling. Why should I cast BoT??!? Sure my undead and lizards can shrug it off but my mages are already old when I recruit them...

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

:hmmm: Time to get serious, eh?

puppy-dog-eyes5.jpg

sqeecoo

Arcane
We still have 3 people unsubmitted. Sigh.

Tien and Ulm may be near death, but Pangea is stronk! Seems stupid to have him stalling. Muty ?

I guess I'll add some more time for at least Muty to respond :)

sqeecoo

Arcane
I'll follow Noisenerd's lead on this since he is top dog here, but it's against my principles to have a large power stall. If Muty at least doesn't show up I'll extend again in the evening, and I suggest we start looking for a sub if that happens.
Personally I'd have nothing against Tien or Arco (or Ulm or Man? I don't know how dead they are) taking over Pangea - as long as players are not assholes with grudges an eliminated player is a perfect sub since he's familiar with the game already :)

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Oh boy, how I'd love to SUB. I would... uh... (don't say revenge, avenge, or anything like that) ... SEIZE the opportunity to...

*cough*

Let's be honest: I'd love to keep playing this game, even with another nation, but I'm afraid my inexperience would ruin Muty's hard? work and paint a target on Pangea, making it easy pickings, and somewhat ruining the overall experience.

I also have a slight *PROBLEM*. I accidentally erased the saved game folder. What are the steps to recover it and keep playing? Dumping the .trn file in an appropriate folder and attempting to play it crashes the game. Help o.o

... how's that for inexperienced?:negative:

sqeecoo

Arcane
I think that would be absolutely fitting! A nice, clean war and second chance. And Zephyr, Muty has 12 stalls :) You wouldn't be ruining anything. You gotta be truly dead or at least AI to sub, of course.

Again, if Noisenerd speaks up at any point we'll defer to his decision.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
What does it say? Did you reinstall the game or something? Probably some mods are missing?

I touched nothing else. I clicked "delete game" in the menu by mistake. It crashes to desktop with a message whose window doesn't survive long enough for me to read it. Perhaps I should use the terminal.

In other news, it won't be long until I'm dead. Actually, Matalarata, what's the holdup? xD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom