Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 28: Medieeevvaallll Times

Infinitum

Scholar
italian snitches.

Olinser

Savant
Are we waiting on another team as well? I thought there were 4 teams of 2, but 4 pretenders are submitted. Are we waiting on a 4th team, or going with 3 teams of 2?

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yup, 4 teams of 2. They will show up eventually, probably before the heat death of the universe. As people said, we take it slow around here. Sooooo slow. Slooooooooow.

Olinser

Savant
OK cool, I think Jagreen and I have our Pretender/Disciple combo set so I'll be sending that in tonight, we'll be playing Pangaea and C'Tis.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I'll submit pretender tomorrow, that will be Abysia and Marignon completed

Olinser

Savant
Page 3. It's pretty throwaway granted but it's there. :M

Hmmmm, ok, I missed that completely.

Is he still planning on playing Pangaea? He was the one that created the game, did he switch to one of the ones that's been submitted?

If he still wants to play Pangaea I'll switch and figure out a different strat, to be safe he should probably delete the submitted Pangaea pretender and then submit his own.

But so far it looks like what has been submitted is:

Mictlan
Abysia
Nazca
R'lyeh
Pangaea (Mine)

So just to make sure, what is left then? Somebody had said Jotunheim and somebody else had said Marignon, I'm having trouble keeping track of who is actually playing and submitting what.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Be wary my friend, the last time I politely asked for a player list we ended up with Joined on the 4th of July 's "magic square":

Dm1nipD.jpg

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing other game with Dominions Enhanced, holy moly, I will never go back to Vanilla Dominions.

Dominions Enhanced is sooooooooooooo good lol, a mod with major expansion-worth of content and balance changes that make a lot of sense, plus just so many extra cool things you can do in general.

Infinitum

Scholar
So.. are we starting this anytime soon? I'd do more incantations but the cuneiform is annoying to read and the distant voices are getting insistent.

Olinser

Savant
Well I just coordinated with KoolNoodles and he will be playing Pangaea, so I will tentatively switch to Ashdod.

I'll just need to recoordinate with Jagreen to make sure we're set and hopefully can get the pretender in tonight or tomorrow.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Can I get updated Pretender/Disciple status for each team so I can get it sorted on llamaserver?

For our sake, we're doing R'lyeh Pretender, Pangaea Disciple.

Edit: And I submitted as Pangaea, then we have Ashdod(or other), and one more. Then we're good to go.

Olinser

Savant
Can I get updated Pretender/Disciple status for each team so I can get it sorted on llamaserver?

For our sake, we're doing R'lyeh Pretender, Pangaea Disciple.

Edit: And I submitted as Pangaea, then we have Ashdod(or other), and one more. Then we're good to go.

Yes the 2 missing are myself and Jagreen, who is playing C'Tis.

I'm tentatively down as Ashdod I'll pull up the generator when I get home from work tonight and and should have it tonight/tomorrow morning.

Olinser

Savant
OK, sorry for the last minute changes was scrambling a little to replace Pan, we'll stick with the same strategy and I'll be playing Phaecia, and Jagreen will be sticking with C'Tis.

I'm sending in my pretender now.

Phaecia will be the pretender, C'Tis will be disciple

Last edited:

Olinser

Savant
By the way, Jagreen said he hasn't played a Disciples game before - is everybody else aware of the big differences between Disciple games and regular games, and all of the things you can/can't do?

sqeecoo

Arcane
We've had some disciple games here, yeah. I think most people know the deal, although a small refresher always helps.
Like no prophet. Must remember no prophet when planning expansion.

Olinser

Savant
OK so off the top of my head a quick breakdown of the big differences:

1) No prophet - nobody in the game can declare Prophets

2) Scales, Dominion strength, Bless, and Awake/Imprisoned/Dormant are determined by the Pretender build. Disciples awaken in half the time of the Pretender (+- a bit for RNG). Disciples get Bless and HP/stat buffs/debuffs according to dominion and cannot be bless outside of their dominion, just like Pretenders. If a Disciple dies, it can be prayed back to life by priests, and allied priests should be able to aid in calling for the return of an allied Pretender/Disciple

3) The amount of Temples required to increase your Dominion by 1 is equal to 5 * # people on the team and are counted as a team. So since we have teams of 2, your team requires a total of 10 temples for +1 Dom

4) Despite not being priests, Disciples can claim Thrones and have 1 Temple Check per turn (Pretenders still have 3 checks with 1 guaranteed)

5) Team shares the dominion effects of the pretender. Any dominion effects of disciples will not take place, BUT their bonuses like cheaper/more expensive temples, labs, and non-Dominion based special spawns/rules st remain. So for instance, if EA Arcoscephale is the pretender, all members of the team have Scrying in dominion, but if MA C'Tis is the disciple, then the dominion will not spread disease. Freespawns seem to be different for different nations - EA Yomi still gets freespawn from temples, for instance

6) Teammates cannot view exact numbers, formation, combat unit stats, PD amount, or items of their allies provinces/armies/commanders in the game. Communication is key!

7) Teammates WILL receive every battle with their allies as participants, but ARE NOT guaranteed to see battles viewed by allied scouts - i.e. if your ally is attacked you will 100% of the time see the battle report, but if 2 enemy players fight and your ally has a scout in the province, you are not guaranteed to see the battle even if your ally does. Communication is key!

8) Allies will not receive details of your events, site searches, assassinations, messages received, or special commander actions each turn, although they CAN still pull up all events on any province owned by allies with the in-game province event log

9) Teammates can move freely within each other's owned provinces, HOWEVER, if attacked, only 1 army can be on the field, so you will not be fighting with your ally army or PD. If attacked with multiple armies in location, the owner of the province will always fight first.

10) If both allies attack the same indy province or enemy province, just as with normal rules, the RNG determines who got there first and orders battles accordingly

11) Forts do not pull resources from allied provinces

12) If both players have a commander in a province, the owner of the province will have an action available to cede ownership of the province to their ally, that takes effect the next turn.

13) You CAN site search or claim Thrones in ally provinces, although your ally will not receive notification of discovered sites, they will show up

14) Thrones are 'owned' by the Pretender of each faction, and apply full bless/scales to their entire team's Dominion

I think that about covers the major stuff.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Can you trace income through allied provinces? I'm honestly unsure :)

You can, I believe, if you have a fort that connects. You can't trace income to an allied fort. I think that was our confusion.

I'll be starting the game today I think, just have to assign the teams!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom