Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Twenty Nine - Conservative Christmas

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
pm me your deetz

Olinser

Savant
So I guess I have to do some actual scripting now :)

url
\
scid.jpg

Beastro

Arcane
Is this shit happening?

It's fun reading this shit as the matches go on, but it's such a bitch for you guys to get a game going. :(

Olinser

Savant
Is this shit happening?

It's fun reading this shit as the matches go on, but it's such a bitch for you guys to get a game going. :(

Huh? The game is on turn 40 they started weeks ago.

There's actually like 4 games going concurrently right now.

Beastro

Arcane
Then where's the funny screenshots for us folks who like to play Dom5 vicariously through you guys here? :(

I should really just start to learn to play this game myself, only I think with the way my head is I'd be overloaded and it would explode.

Maybe I should start playing Ermor first...

Infinitum

Scholar
Me: Hey, coldcrow hasn't put any province defense in all game so any spawned troops will just flee outright. Might as well put my scouts to work.

Also me: Better put them on Retreat just in case.

sqeecoo

Arcane
To add content for Beastro, here's a rundown of the battle, starting point and results.

20190304224213-1.jpg

20190304224235-1.jpg

You didn't do that badly Bing, I committed a lot. Specifically, a lot more mages and gems, which is where the real power lies past the earlygame. If you are playing a big bless nation your troops can still do well as your main killing power (Mictlan plays like this, for instance), but otherwise it's mostly about having enough of a front line for the mages to do the work or, alternatively, for your mages to buff your guys up enough to survive the onslaught of the enemy mages and sacreds and break through.
Numbers of regular troops don't matter that much any more unless you're Ermor or Sceleria and going in with literally thousands of undead.

For instance, in this battle you could have brought 20 reborns and sauromancers to skellyspam, not 6. And then had a small communion of shamans (like 4 slaves and one master) casting relief, antimagic, mass protection and mass regeneration, depending on research. And an astral random sauromancer joining the communion to spam skeletons and then cast rigor mortis in spell slot 5, so my mages tire out but your mages have pretty much burned all their fatigue on skeletons already. And a water random Sauromancer casting Foul Vapors with a thistle mace and two nature gems :) Probably someone casting quagmire as well, if you can.

That's just sort of the basics for a midgame C'tis army, before the application of tricks or any specialized tactics. A lot of it is about layering on a ton of stuff against the enemy.

Dayyālu

Arcane
It helps that Sqeecoo has access to some direct attack magic that would melt everything, even high-tier SCs.

Mod balance, my ass.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Not only that, but the "Call Mimis" spell that makes Mimis, semi-elite magic being units, appear at the edge of the map like with Howl (oh yeah Bing, add Howl to the list of spells in the post above :) Remembering everything is half the battle in dominions!).

The thing is, the spell description says they are supposed to stop coming after a couple of rounds, but it looks like they just keep arriving, giving you a cheap version of Howl that spawns semi-elites all over the map :) Balanced!

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Why the hell did my army have no reborn in it, wtf, I am rolling in them. And yeah, why did I not even THINK of using an astral random sauromancer as communion master with shamans as slaves :retarded:

I guess the answer is; I signed up for 8 games while unemployed, then got a job suddenly. But yeah... there's all sorts of things I need to remember / figure out / get used to. Like, I've heard about Rigor Mortis, but totally forgot to use it. Think I could've unless it's really high in research (in which case I could've beelined it by now)

And yeah, the Mimis, didn't watch that battle too closely, but I would guess they got a commander or two for free, which I coudl've avoided with more bodyguards

Also I stored gems on my chariot commander but also gave him a berserker item so he charged in and lost 20 gems lol

So what do I do to counter mass ethereal?

Oh and yeah, I think I will go and sulk for at least 5 turns now and not fight anyone, it would be lame fighting someone who is giving me tips and i clearly have a lot of rejigging of things to do...

Infinitum

Scholar
8 games? You have two jobs now.

Also that Mimi spell is apparently a bug, got fixed in 1.46.

Infinitum

Scholar
Welp, certainly got to eat my words re: Alchera. I'm staying with a friend until tomorrow so will postpone 24h.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Oni stronk. Almost got that Mecha, too. I misvelauated that raid, thought I would attack into a province with unrest. In fact it was orderly as a province uner boar rule can be... so the cute demons got beaten. Sad day. We will be back, ofc.

Infinitum

Scholar
Yeah.. that turn had something for everyone, didn't it? Also today I learned that Solar Brilliance is a battlefield enchantment and not a wipe. Probably would've have won that if I'd chaffed up properly but figured I didn't want to blind my nobles.

EDIT: if you're talking about the mecha province that has like 120 unrest so no, no order to be found. Pretty sure the shishi shiki shrik hags don't have chaos power though.

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Nah, the raid you intercepted and killed one of my Dais. Was close, I think even a +1 in stats might have tilted it in my favor.

Edit: That mod is kind of broken, I like the early game diversity, but since there is stuff added at every level it kind of blurs into a mishmash.

Infinitum

Scholar
Oh, that. Wanna place bets on the PD still being native Amazons despite the fort due to programmer oversight or design decision?

In other news, I'm off skiing until monday and will need to delay hosting until then at least. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind going ai at this point if that's ok by you? I'm basically on the long slope to irrelevance at this point, have collected enough regrets about my build and early game strategic decision to last me until next game and you're all roughly equally positioned to eat my lands.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Scholar
Well, today I learned that indie vampire lords are immune to hp routs. And the turn timer, apparantly. Not even mad.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yomi has gone AI? Not sure if it makes sense to continue, then :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom