Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline4, Johannes Already Won

Discussion in 'MP Gaming' started by Dayyālu, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Dayyālu Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Dayyālu
    Quoting raw

Less useful than others, but let us keep this up for extension requests and the like.

^ Top  
  2. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    That's funny.

Anyways, I changed hosting to 36hr, because it felt like it was about that time as there's a fair amount of coordination going on(not that it's any good!).

^ Top  
  3. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Fun turn.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Lot of weird shit going on, so yeah, fun. :lol:

^ Top  
  5. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Wow. Unfortunate HP rout for Bert. I'd say that's gg.

^ Top  
  6. Malakal Arcane

Malakal
    So, how is it going, what blesses for each team, map screens etc. Post something guys.

^ Top  
  7. Dayyālu Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Dayyālu
    Read the Thread title. That's pretty much it.

Being this a 'Dex game, it's less the sperg dream of crazy combos and more the fact that a team pretty much failed aggressive expansion and now it's somewhat buckling against the raiding of the other, so a strategical problem. Berytos is ded due to shit starting position and being gangbanged by Fomoria and Sauromatia, Ur was almost dead and has been saved by massive help by Caelum and Fomoria, all the others are still up. As far as I can say, we have a N9E4 blessing for the KoolNoodles team and a D9S4 blessing for the Johannes team.

We have, as far as gods goes:

Athena Polias, God of Arco; Unknown type.
    Cabezapony, Astral Shedu, god of Hinnom and Disciple of Athena Polias, dead for now due to retreat kill.
    Hurru, God of Agartha, Risen Oracle.
    Urist McDragon, God of Helheim and Disciple of Athena Polias, type unknown.
    Pacifist the Moloch, God of Berytos and Disciple of Athena Polias.

Randy Bobandy the Demilich, God of Fomoria;
    Derp the Shedu, God of Ur;
    F2E2D3B5 the Scorpion Man, God of Caelum, dead, [​IMG] 'd by Agartha;
    Gao Fushuai the great Sage, God of TC;
    KillallMen the Gorgon, still alive.

Situation is dire for Team KoolNoodles, though. Got some funny stories, like when I retreated this turn my surrounded hero Olm through Ur's cap and three hostile provinces because everyone forgot to buy PD and there are Barbs everywhere. Good stuff.

^ Top  
  8. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Sure I can post some strategically meaningless maps later I guess. The start placement of Berytos, very poor expansion in parts, horrible income provinces(Hinnom starting in waste and surrounded by wastes, for instance), and random barb/dire wolf attacks that have been happening since about turn 4, somehow targeting key provinces, have all combined to make at least our team's start just about the worst it could be. Also not really a fan of easy research, but that's just a pacing issue.

^ Top  
  9. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    Starting positions for Berytos wasn't bad at all I think (middle island on Valanis), you just played it totally wrong. Instead of charging towards us instantly to fight and die outnumbered and inland, you could've used the capital as a defensive bottleneck and expanded safely onto your continent, you can sail to a ton of provinces from that single point.

I'll help you out if you don't know them, it's a Statue of Fertility and the Dwarf/Dragon shapeshifter. Also our full bless is E4S4D9.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Very funny. :)

Yeah Bert could and should have expanded rearward, but in conjunction with expanding forward. Initially we couldn't tell exact placement of your nations(other than suspecting somebody to be on "our" side, Ur), and it would be dumb to ignore the high income provinces there. He just went All-In on forward expansion, so to speak, and was likewise the furthest from the rest of the team, except perhaps Arco in the corner. Berytos' coastal start preference + clustered made that happen. Ideally we would have liked him on the coast closer to Helheim/Arco. I think we'd also ideally want them with more adjacent land provinces to their cap. Anyways, randomness. The spice of life.

^ Top  
  11. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    It's much worse to have a start that's too far away from anything, like Helheim is - they've done very little in the game so far. On our side, Caelum and Fomoria are kinda in the back too, but we can use flight and sailing to mitigate that for them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Dayyālu Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Dayyālu
    It's not only the start, it's the expansion. And of course, player sensibilities.

I'm the rearguard and I have been throwing out Caelian and Enkidu corpses for what, a dozen turns now? My cap is far removed and only thanks to the river Caelum can hit it with remote attack spells (sooner or later they will work, my man, when I get no more stuff for patrols. Not for now though!).

Fomoria can Cloud Trapeze and Teleport everything, plus sailing so they have great mobility. Our problem is simple: three of our players had shit/bad expansion, and you can't afford that in a Disciple game. I can keep playing cat and mouse with Caelum, I can even annihilate his armies, but he will keep bouncing back while I grow only weaker. Sure, Ur has been reduced to an irrelevant side note, but if I can't storm his cap he can stay here forever.

^ Top  
  13. raw Arcane Patron

raw
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Having shit expansion in default games is equally unaffordable. I'd even say it's less dramatical in disciple games, cuz your team can help you out.

^ Top  
  14. raw Arcane Patron

raw
    3 stales from noodles team. I've postponed for 100 hours for Jack and me. Team Noodles now has enough time on their hands to make their decision.

^ Top  
  15. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Two of those are on me. Just slipped my mind, busy night got in the way. :M

^ Top  
  16. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    I think Team Ramrod/Noodles has voted to concede, 3-4/5. We could slog through another 20-30 turns, but with two Disciples almost down that would be painful. Good job you guys, mobility and expansion really killed us, among other things. Last two magic-dueled Melqarts really hurt(shouldn't have happened, one was due to stale, the other due to winning the coin flip on movement/cap siege). Not to mention all the Melqarts were S random(which is awesome normally, but not with an S9 Shedu flying around).

Anyways. At some point I'll throw up some graphs! And maps!

^ Top  
  17. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    GG!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. profreshinal Arcane

profreshinal
    Starting positions and locations where most of the manoeuvring took place.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    Looks like raw forgot to assign a good chunck of his army to a commander again.

Relevant graphs from my side. KoolNoodles keeps promising maps and stuff, maybe we'll see the other side to!
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Soon as I get these other turns in....... :hahano:

^ Top  
  20. KoolNoodles Arcane

KoolNoodles
    Map of the other side filling in any gaps.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Relevant graphs.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. raw Arcane Patron

raw
    u wot m8

Nicely played from everyone, especially Arcoscephale, because they happened to be next to me. GG everyone. :salute: Consider yourself :bro:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. JohnTheRevelator Arcane

JohnTheRevelator
    GG and all that. I'm bit disappointed I didn't get to do more in this game though.

Ps. Someone with admin powers could declare game finished.

^ Top  
  23. raw Arcane Patron

raw
    Decline4 has now been declared finished, and the game files will be archived. It'll disappear from this website in a few minutes.

Thanks for using the LlamaServer. :)

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.