Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Demon Lord Reincarnation - Codexian Developed Blobber

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Don't worry, there are no teleporters in this game to make mapping and navigation easier -- one of the goals is to get more people into manual mapping.
I think exploration is the game's greatest strength, thanks to having no automap. It's likely also it's greatest weakness because some people just hate mapping with a passion.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Don't worry, there are no teleporters in this game to make mapping and navigation easier -- one of the goals is to get more people into manual mapping.
I think exploration is the game's greatest strength, thanks to having no automap. It's likely also it's greatest weakness because some people just hate mapping with a passion.
What did you make the maps on the previous page with?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
What did you make the maps on the previous page with?
GridCartographer (you can get it on Steam or DRM-free on the website)

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Basement 3

z4QP8AG.png

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Please update the GoG version with the hotfix. Thanks.
I've been trying to release updates on GOG every few hours since yesterday, but they're experiencing issues with uploading and downloading (and apparently there's some sort of corruption of uploaded builds?).

I'll try it again right now and see if it's working.

EDIT: Still no dice, waiting for support to get more information or ETA. In the meantime, you can PM me proof of purchase, I can send you a Steam key -- both versions are DRM-free, and save files are compatible between versions, so you can download it and continue playing.

Last edited:

SpoonFULL

Educated
I've been trying to release updates on GOG every few hours since yesterday, but they're experiencing issues with uploading and downloading (and apparently there's some sort of corruption of uploaded builds?).

EDIT: Still no dice, waiting for support to get more information or ETA. In the meantime, you can PM me proof of purchase, I can send you a Steam key -- both versions are DRM-free, and save files are compatible between versions, so you can download it and continue playing.

Thank you for your quick response and no worries. I will wait for the latest update on GoG (was very happy it was released on GoG and actually cheaper than Steam!). Also the update only affects the end game from the description and I am no where near!

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

Thank you for your quick response and no worries. I will wait for the latest update on GoG (was very happy it was released on GoG and actually cheaper than Steam!). Also the update only affects the end game from the description and I am no where near!
Just avoid...

Entering the room where the General is near the campfire after a *BIG MASSIVE SPOILER* event because an incorrect script flag can trigger an event that shouldn't be triggered. If you do enter it and trigger and event, just press 'Leave'.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

Just pinging to let you know that GOG told me that hopefully things will be resolved by next week. I'll post here as soon as the update is available on GOG.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I've started playing Wizardry 1 very shortly after trying this, and I find it interesting that my reaction to DLR was so negative in comparison, given that it's a clone of Wiz1 with minor twists. I suspect the major contributor to this is how long the fights take while being about as equally hands-off. If you run into 5 kobolds on level 1 of Wiz1, you'll be done in 10 seconds tops because they all have 2 hp, but if you run into the same 5 kobolds on level 1 of DLR, prepare for 2 minutes of pressing the enter button.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
given that it's a clone of Wiz1 with minor twists
It's similar on the surface, but the underlying systems are completely different. If you go in expecting a typical Wizardry clone, you will be confused and disappointed.

DLR is more of a marriage between SaGa-style systems and DRPGs -- more focus on learning and developing skills and growing characters to increase their survivability.

Wizardry mostly handled progression through levels / equipment / spells for magic users, while here it's done through stat gains / skills / spells.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

I've managed to update it to the latest version. The offline installer will be updated in a couple of days, but the latest version should be downloadable via GOG Galaxy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom