Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Der Geisterturm - second cyberpunk wireframe dungeon crawler from Graverobber Foundation

lightbane

Arcane
I managed to crawl forward (heh) a little more. I stopped at the second boss, the robot with the chaingun, wondering how to defeat him.

Something I noticed that I wish I had more info on is WHEN do enemies automatically turn around upon advancing. I noticed that some can turn around to face you and shoot in the same turn, while others are stuck in the same movement direction after moving to let you shoot their sides. Is this random, or depends on the enemy?

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I managed to crawl forward (heh) a little more. I stopped at the second boss, the robot with the chaingun, wondering how to defeat him.

Something I noticed that I wish I had more info on is WHEN do enemies automatically turn around upon advancing. I noticed that some can turn around to face you and shoot in the same turn, while others are stuck in the same movement direction after moving to let you shoot their sides. Is this random, or depends on the enemy?
Depends on the enemy type. Similar thing was in DGS -- observe enemy movement and you'll get your answer.

lightbane

Arcane
After the shitshow that "future games" seem to be, suddenly this game doesn't look that bad. I even got as far as the 9th floor if I'm not mistaken. I also found a bug, or what I believe is one:
In one of the dark areas from floors 7 and 8, I hid from an enemy in a storage room, hoping to see it leave. Instead, it began walking in circle around the door, as if it knew I was there but not finding the way to me, instead of eventually disappearing. I confronted it and I fought it normally, it was an Assault Bot, if it matters.
I also don't know how exactly dark areas affects enemies, if at all. The game says they do, but at best it seems it makes it harder for them to track you (provided you're away from their LoS).

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
The game says they do, but at best it seems it makes it harder for them to track you (provided you're away from their LoS).
They lower their accuracy / evasion. IIRC they were supposed to limit their vision too, but this feature never made it into the game due to time constraints.

lightbane

Arcane
Okay, reached floor 11 and dropped it, it indeed is not fun in the endgame. While amusingly enough the teleport maze wasn't that bad due the markers, the fact your weapons aren't too strong while the enemies continue getting more and more haxxor, and the lack of repair stations anywhere eventually killed my interest.
Also, the Armored Carrier boss is dumb. I know it's meant to be a melee mech that only works due everything being tight corridors, but give it a claw animation attack or something, rather than slam into the player like a moron.
The messages also insist how you're becoming more inhuman and a better killer, but so far most enemies are robots piloted by AIs and the fights so artificial that if they had human operators, no-one would notice.

Anyway, perhaps the third game will be more fun, once I decide to play it at some point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom