Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Desura goes bankrupt

T. Reich

Arcane
Those who think physical copies are perfectly safe clearly never had to deal with nosy women who thought they were being helpful by getting rid of those old boxes that were just taking up space.
Cut off their noses before they start trying to be helpful - problem solved.

Also, it might do you good to take conspicuous care of your boxed games and at least dust them off once in a while. If a womyn sees that you care for some stupid boxes, she will leave them alone (unless you piss her off big time).
Or make a fuckin' backup storage with all your digital games - a bunch of dvds/blu-rays or a hard drive.

Don Peste

Arcane

epeli

Arcane
Someone on Desura made a petition to US Library of Congress to backup customer info of (dying) digital retailers:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov//petition/consumer-digital-rights-preservation-act

H58OLxJ.png

Yeah, sure, brilliant idea. That will work. :lol:

Don Peste

Arcane
Some curious documents. Do you want to know how much they own to devs like Terry Cavanagh, Wolfire or Ruben Rodriguez Torres from Villanueva Del Ariscal, Sevilla?
Link to download

http://af.gog.com/forum/general/bad...ale_filed_for_bankruptcy/page15?as=1649904300

Bad Juju counsel did upload all the require documents for their Ch 7 BK case last Friday 06/12/15. I uploaded the must read documents here from 06/12/15 on the attached picture link.

The new batch includes the amounts they have in assets, the money they own to creditors, and etc. This is very important since this is the first time they enclosed how much they really own to different people/companies and this isn't available on a news website.

Things to look at is Doc 16 Personal Property which they enclose how much funds they have in bank accounts at time of filing, the federal trademarks they own, and how much Desura is worth in their opinion. Doc 17 Creditor Holding Secured Claims is pretty much Creditors holding claims on assets/property. Doc 20 Financial Affairs shows how the money is going in/out of Bad Juju and what they picked up (Desura is listed plenty of times). Doc 21 is the big one, Creditor's Holding Unsecured Non-priority Claims. We all know how behind Bad Juju is in paying developers. Well they list all the developers they claimed they own money to and they list the amount. Tons of tons of pages on that list and a lot of international companies/people on it.

So what will happen on their CH 7 BK case? When reading Doc 16 they do have assets so what will most likely happen is that the case will become a Ch 7A (A for Asset) case where the Trustee of the BK case (the ones who will review everything from Bad Juju and reviewing/handling their financial affairs) will "discover" assets in Bad Juju where they can auction them off (this will include printers, IPs, Desura, stuff that is listed in Doc 16). Proceeds from the auctions will be pay back first to the Secured Creditors and very little if none would go to the Unsecured Creditors. After all the auctions and stuff is done then the BK case would get discharged and debts are wiped out. This is from my personal experience on what happened on these cases in the past.

Information was pulled from PACER which the documents are public information however the service to pull up the documents isn't (PACER is a service).

Last edited by a moderator:

Turjan

Arcane
Interesting, also from the point of view how elusive they are in promising to keep your games accessible. What they fail to say is that this access didn't disappear with Bad Juju's bankruptcy. You could still use the Desura Client to download and play your games, at least when I tried it recently. Given their evasive statements, I guess they will scrap this.

Edit: Now it's switched off. That must have happened during the last weeks though.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, it did work quite recently. I managed to backup my games from there - mostly some garbage, but hey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom