Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex: HR in August? Now with added Leak?!

Suchy

Arcane
They want me to pay full price for a product infested with ads?
:hahahaohwow:

1eyedking

Erudite
Torment was a TSR scheme for increasing the Planescape brand's awareness.

Fallout was going to advertise GURPS at some point.

True story bros.

Gerrard

Arcane
Augmented edition is 60 Euro and comes with some crap.
Shit has in-game advertising. LOLOL YOU GET 1ST DEUS EX why the fuck didn't you have it yet? Get the fuck out.

And yet this shit will still sell more than TW2.
And then people wonder why I'm so angry all the time.

Destroid

Arcane
So they finally got 2142s advertising to work? I recall when I was playing it (near release) it was non-functional, I don't remember them ever fixing it.

Micmu

Magister
Destroid said:
So they finally got 2142s advertising to work? I recall when I was playing it (near release) it was non-functional, I don't remember them ever fixing it.
That must have been the most anticipated patch ever!

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
by paying for ads you are all participating in a grim cyberpunk reality before you even install the game

welcome to the immersion revolution

baronjohn

Cipher
There's an opportunity to make an adblock augmentation DLC that replaces the ads with anime tit gifs.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

^That's actually a good idea - put annoying shit on the game and charge players to remove it.

Your party's been inflicted with a mysterious disease at the beginning of the game. Their AI won't work until you buy the fantastic Anti-Retardo Serum DLC ($2,99)

DraQ

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
^That's actually a good idea - put annoying shit on the game and charge players to remove it.

Your party's been inflicted with a mysterious disease at the beginning of the game. Their AI won't work until you buy the fantastic Anti-Radiant Serum DLC ($2,99)
Augmented.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
Any ad with Jason Statham is a-ok.

But seriously ads that aren't futuristic? Cmon cuzzzzzzzzz

However you guys are making it sound like every square inch is covered with ads while according to the preview the brah saw one in 4 hours.

Gord

Arcane
6jepz8.jpg

I give a fuck if it's one ad per level or one every 10 seconds.
I don't want advertisement in my games, therefore I ain't going to support this shit.

If it turns out to be true that we have to endure server-fed ads for contemporary products I'm not buying this game at full price.
Maybe if it's really good and drops below 50% and the ads can be blocked.
But until this I'll skip it.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wasn't that against ads, but real-life celebrities from our time, and the McDonald's price in Australian dollars?

Look, I can see McDonald's and Adidas still being around in the future. But putting -today's- ads into the game, rather than custom versions made by McD or Adidas specifically for the game, that mesh with the mood and setting? That, I think, is inexcusable.

Oesophagus

Arcane
I wonder if there'll be something like "... coming january 2012" on those ads. Or any dates, for that matter, which would completely break immersion, and demonstrate that Eidos are tighter than a duck's butt

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
When you go to the Superbowl, don't you have to watch ads during half-time?

Not saying that this isn't a horrible development, mind you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom