Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dev Log #56: Experimental Branch with Version 1.0.3.13

epeli

Arcane
health is nerfed even harder on Dominating which imho was unwarranted. I have 117 HP iirc at level 15 and anything can one shot me or one round me if they catch me with a CC. Fucking disgusting.

That's not true, hard and dominating have the exact same health modifier. You can compare numbers at http://underrail.info.tm/build/ (hard, lvl 15, 3 con, psi empathy, no hp from gear/consumables = 117) Your HP couldn't be any worse than that.

Maybe you should play on hard instead, I think I'd be more fun for you. You've spent a week posting about your struggle with the difficulty and your tone doesn't sound like you're enjoying it very much.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Styg i've got a lot of "save failed" lately on experimental domination difficulty. And today a "zone transition failed" happened.
Post the logs (you can fine them in Documents\My Games\Underrail).

Heres the transition error logs

https://pl.scribd.com/document/367452992/TransitionError-2017-12-16T21-01-23
https://pl.scribd.com/document/367452993/TransitionError-2017-12-16T21-46-48
https://pl.scribd.com/document/367452994/TransitionError-2017-12-18T14-28-00

razvedchiki

Magister
I tried new hard with a tank build today,its certainly more difficult than old hard.it has more enemies with upgraded abilities but not in the unfun way of dominating.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Styg please add smelting metal scraps into metal plates in foundry[low quality? or quality depends on mechanics?] or add option to use scraps in making bear traps. I need low quality plates, but its hard to get them.

Parabalus

Arcane
Maybe you should play on hard instead, I think I'd be more fun for you. You've spent a week posting about your struggle with the difficulty and your tone doesn't sound like you're enjoying it very much.

You might as well suggest parading through town with a huge "CUCK HERE" sign.

Sykar

Arcane
health is nerfed even harder on Dominating which imho was unwarranted. I have 117 HP iirc at level 15 and anything can one shot me or one round me if they catch me with a CC. Fucking disgusting.

That's not true, hard and dominating have the exact same health modifier. You can compare numbers at http://underrail.info.tm/build/ (hard, lvl 15, 3 con, psi empathy, no hp from gear/consumables = 117) Your HP couldn't be any worse than that.

I have already fixed that mistake in an edit before you posted.

I have finished hard with my PSI Sniper. Easily. My gripes are also shared by many others. Like shoving down the new ubar mega monsters down our throats from as early as Silent Isle which is still early game. My character is well optimized, it went through 4 iterations so this is not a problem.
What is a problem is the over the top HP bloat with ridiculous amount of damage. This is double grating when you fight alongside companions and cannot save them because they are completely ill equip for the challenge, both item wise and AI wise.
And the new monsters are utterly ridiculous. Even at level 15 with maxed Sneak and Detection I am still not even close of getting the jump on the new Death Stalker. Greater Coil Spiders seem to have Detection over 9000 because they detect you as soon as you get into range even with Cloaking Device on and one shots you even through shield.
New Psi beetles have fucking Psi Cognitive Interuption which one shots and PSI user with low HP. It is utterly retarded to give that skill to them and then have them fucking everywhere. I spotted 6 at the bridge you need to cross to find the corpse of Terry Baker. There are like 4 at least on Silent Isle. There are around 8 in the cave north-east of Zaman's lair.

So no, I will not return to Hard. It is too easy at this point. A lot of Dominating is not even hard, just obnoxious.

Last edited:

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

I have already fixed that mistake in an edit before you posted.

I have finished hard with my PSI Sniper. Easily. My gripes are also shared by many others. Like shoving down the new ubar mega monsters down our throats from as early as Silent Isle which is still early game. My character is well optimized, it went through 4 iterations so this is not a problem.
What is a problem is the over the top HP bloat with ridiculous amount of damage. This is double grating when you fight alongside companions and cannot save them because they are completely ill equip for the challenge, both item wise and AI wise.
And the new monsters are utterly ridiculous. Even at level 15 with maxed Sneak and Detection I am still not even close of getting the jump on the new Death Stalker. Greater Coil Spiders seem to have Detection over 9000 because they detect you as soon as you get into range even with Cloaking Device on and one shots you even through shield.
New Psi beetles have fucking Psi Cognitive Interuption which one shots and PSI user with low HP. It is utterly retarded to give that skill to them and then have them fucking everywhere. I spotted 6 at the bridge you need to cross to find the corpse of Terry Baker. There are like 4 at least on Silent Isle. There are around 8 in the cave north-east of Zaman's lair.

So no, I will not return to Hard. It is too easy at this point. A lot of Dominating is not even hard, just obnoxious.

Well the answer is F5/F9. My keycaps are already wearing off due to domination diff xD And hard was easy for a sniper build, well atleast when you found the spearhead frame, with barrel retractor[cqb penalty], rapid reloder[2 shots per turn!] and scope[+10 precis] you got everything you need. And if enemy closes down you can always use quick tinkering or flashbang.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
question to those who had fun in foundry:
bladelings were always a big middle finger pointed at knife characters as they rely on critical hits to bypass their DR. Are they even killable at this point?
Did dominating increase DRs?

Lol i wouldnt even try foundry with knife build xD Even with electroknife and additional damage to stunned target you will have hard time. I dont know if bleeding and eviscerate will make enough damage against them and eviscerate is lvl 14 perk. Still u need supersteel for nice leather armor.

Sykar

Arcane
bladelings were always a big middle finger pointed at knife characters as they rely on critical hits to bypass their DR. Are they even killable at this point?

The problem with knife fighters is that they are crit reliant but Bladelings for whatever retarded reason are utterly crit immune on top of high resistances, giving the middle finger to any low damage high fire/attack rate character.
What changes in domination that these fuckers start with a max stacked "Taste for blood" buff for 50% extra damage and extra movement speed on top of double the size of the spawning packs and 50% HP and 30% extra damage.

Lhynn

Arcane
Hm, all this constructive criticism will sure help a lot.

- "on the next patch styg nerfs unarmed again and calls it a day."

Lhynn

Arcane
Who cares about some retarded fetchquest? I want my taste for blood back to where it was at release, and the stupid changes to infused leather need to be reversed, and uncap dodge/evasion chance for fucks sake, its already the single most expensive and least useful form of defense in the game.
A new difficulty after a series of nerfs feels like a slap in the face.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Who cares about some retarded fetchquest? I want my taste for blood back to where it was at release, and the stupid changes to infused leather need to be reversed, and uncap dodge/evasion chance for fucks sake, its already the single most expensive and least useful form of defense in the game.

Evasion and dodge feel really useless on dominating, where endgame enemies will have 200-250 attack. You wouild then need 500-650 evasion/dodge[good luck getting that dodge on anything than max agility build] to dodge at least 50% of time. That's insane.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

Maybe it was intended. :despair:

500-650 evasion/dodge[good luck getting that dodge on anything than max agility build] to dodge at least 50% of time

Well, my hammerman build has over 600 dodge. Also, he has 16 Str and Deflection, so maybe 650 will be more difficult to get, but I think possible. Evasion is another thing.

nZQ7.jpg

Lhynn

Arcane
Evasion being the one that matters the most. But yeah, the entire math of the game is out of whack in dominating. If this game had released with that difficulty, it would have failed horribly.

Parabalus

Arcane

The taste for blood nerf was particularly stupid since unarmed melee didn't/doesn't need it for 4 AP, so it just ended up gutting knives.

The problem with knife fighters is that they are crit reliant but Bladelings for whatever retarded reason are utterly crit immune on top of high resistances, giving the middle finger to any low damage high fire/attack rate character.
What changes in domination that these fuckers start with a max stacked "Taste for blood" buff for 50% extra damage and extra movement speed on top of double the size of the spawning packs and 50% HP and 30% extra damage.

Wouldn't mind seeing some DC footage on dominating, I can already imagine tripled robot count in Arke and Eye with 10k HP.

Bladelings being crit immune I can get, but the mushrooms in DC on the other hand :argh:.

Lhynn

Arcane
Have you considered playing on one of the three other difficulty settings?
Have you considered you should stop shilling?

Also im not playing the game, period. Ive already beaten the game on hard, thought id play on dominating for a new challenge. All i found is something akin to what a 13 years old would put together to impress his friends on his latest nwn module.

Tygrende

Arbiter
Have you considered you should stop shilling?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Also im not playing the game, period. Ive already beaten the game on hard, thought id play on dominating for a new challenge. All i found is something akin to what a 13 years old would put together to impress his friends on his latest nwn module.
That's a really passive-aggressive way to say "no".

Parabalus

Arcane
Wouldn't mind seeing some DC footage on dominating, I can already imagine tripled robot count in Arke and Eye with 10k HP.

Bladelings being crit immune I can get, but the mushrooms in DC on the other hand :argh:.
Except mushrooms can be countered by single piece of armor laying around... Speaking of does it still provide nearly 100% immunity on dominating?

What armor?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom