Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Developer log

Discussion in 'Van Buren: A Fallout Adventure' started by hexer, Jan 14, 2014.

1. 28.8bps Modem Prophet

28.8bps Modem
    Use Bitbucket. It's free, and it's Mercurial so you don't have to put up with the tyranny of GIT. I have no idea why anyone would put up with sourceforge's crap these days. Even github would be better.

^ Top  
  2. hexer Guest

hexer
    We need a dev environment for 70+ people with wiki, forums, source, etc. I don't know where else to look for. Speaking of that, anyone here can help us with SVN or git? We're trying to make the game open source but we can't move the files to sourceforge. It's throwing errors which someone more experienced could fix

^ Top  
  3. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    For the love of god, use git or mercurial. Services like bitbucket, github and similar offer all that kind of stuff.

^ Top  
  4. hexer Guest

hexer
    We have the options of using git and mercurial on SF. The issue is that they're throwing errors.
    Github doesn't allow projects larger than 1GB and bitbucket is limited to 5 users

^ Top  
  5. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    I guess you can pay a few bucks or strip the arts assets out of the code repo.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.