Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Developer Story Time with Old Man Davis

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Anthony Davis, May 15, 2013.

1. Gurkog Erudite

Gurkog
    Project: Eternity
    Hmm, this could take some inspiration from Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    I have never played that game, but looking at it... I'm not seeing the similarities between what I see in my head versus what I see in screenshots.

Except for it being about a store.

Is this game any good, should I get it?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    You should go for Kamidori instead. You get to do all of that PLUS you can have sex with a mud elemental!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It's pretty good and you should play it.

Just pretend all items you sell are different kinds of donuts - and you basically have the kind of game you described in that post ;)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I dunno about this game, but yours would be similar to Ultima, yes?

With all the baking bread donuts, fetch quests to collect ingredients, non linear storyline that reacts to your choice of supplier, advertiser etc., but mostly the baking part.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Andyman Messiah Mr. Ed-ucated

Andyman Messiah
    :takemymoney: Also I think you should blend the two ideas together into one huge RPG/Tycoon game.

^ Top  
  7. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    Okay Guys,

This is the big load. LOAD. For some of this Fallout stuff, can someone tell Ausir?

Shrinkwrapped BG2 CE:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271271868790?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Shrinkwrapped IWD2 CE. I've only ever seen one of these before and it was on Feargus bookshelf. I actually have no idea what is inside it/
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271271873517?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Shrinkwrapped European version of Fallout 1 that was given to me by Chris Avellone:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271271877450?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

My autographed Fallout New Vegas, autographed by almost the entire team including Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone, and Brian Menze:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271271924037?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

My autographed Fallout New Vegas Hardback Strategy Guide, autographed by almost the entire team including Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone, and Brian Menze:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271272545474?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Finally, the framed and shadowboxed original PipBoy artwork by Brian Menze, including original Fallout 1 Vault 13 flask swag, and finally the ultra rare Gecko in a Can from Fallout 2:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/271273169601?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If you guys know anyone like Ausir who might be interested in following the auctions, let them know.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Too rich for my blood. But should see if NMA/The Vault won't post on it. I'll check for you tomorrow. Must be someone out there with that kinda money to spend.

^ Top  
  9. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    Thanks. I know it's a lot, but I'm actually ok if they don't sell. :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker

^ Top  
  11. Azrael the cat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Azrael the cat
    Uhh...pretty much the whole Codex was aware of that one Roguey. Annie posted several times on the Codex that the game was literally unplayable and unshippable with only a short time to go before release, when Baudoin 'left', and that most folks at Obsidian gave Sawyer major kudos for managing to salvage a sellable product out of it.

^ Top  
  12. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    Aw man, someone bid on the framed art/flask/gecko in a can.

:-(

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    At that price your sorry someone bid?! :eek:

Show Spoiler
    I completely understand ;) but really at that price... it makes it a little more palatable. :thumbsup:

^ Top  
  14. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    Did you post it somewhere? I'm surprised it was bid on so fast so I, think you posting about it may have had a hand in it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    I was referring to http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...y-time-with-old-man-davis.83113/#post-2660141 which I believe no one has actually publicly stated.

^ Top  
  16. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Nah not yet. There's just some crazy-ass people out there man. I wasn't too sure you even wanted it posted on after your follow-up post, heh. That's some unique-ass items man :(

^ Top  
  17. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
    I posted it over at the penny-arcade forums and (naturally) the Obsidian forums. So, maybe from one of those, but I dunno. Might just be a collector that coincidentally saw it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  19. Tagaziel Scholar

Tagaziel
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    Do you have links? Im not a member at the PA forums.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. procrastinator Arcane

procrastinator
    If I were VotS, I would start PMing people now :M

^ Top  
  22. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Anthony Davis, I think you priced the BGII game to high. I've sold several (without shrink-wrap) and they only go for around $50-$60 these days. You would probably get more starting bids if you had it start at $150.

^ Top  
  23. Anthony Davis Blizzard Entertainment Developer

Anthony Davis
    You might be right, but I also had a guy send me a video where apparently this is the Asian version of the CE and he said it was even more rare (based solely apparently on the out of 7000 from the picture of it).

What do you guys think? Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBY41OBTJIY

He seems knowledgeable and has a hell of a collection.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Interesting, never knew about the Asian edition but other than the number it is still just a repackaged US edition. I certainly wouldn't be paying $600-$1,000 like he was talking.... plus... from Russia, really can he be trusted... :troll:

Show Spoiler
    :patriot:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    Sheesh.. those are some prices. Good luck, man. I'll sit here and :rage:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.