Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Developer Story Time with Old Man Davis

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I have never played that game, but looking at it... I'm not seeing the similarities between what I see in my head versus what I see in screenshots.

Except for it being about a store.

Is this game any good, should I get it?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have never played that game, but looking at it... I'm not seeing the similarities between what I see in my head versus what I see in screenshots.

Except for it being about a store.

Is this game any good, should I get it?
I dunno about this game, but yours would be similar to Ultima, yes?

With all the baking bread donuts, fetch quests to collect ingredients, non linear storyline that reacts to your choice of supplier, advertiser etc., but mostly the baking part.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
1. A game very similar to Game Dev Story, except that you are running a Donut Store and the goal is to become the Donut King or Queen within 10 years. Donut Research, supply management, employee training, and donut conventions and other various things to do.

2. A post apocalyptic game where you discover a derelict donut store in the wasteland and begin a series of quests to get it up an running. The donuts become a popular source of nourishment, where customers pay for their donuts through bartering, ala Fallout. You will need to assemble an adventuring party with members of your staff as you quest for upgrades to the equipment and new recipes.

:takemymoney: Also I think you should blend the two ideas together into one huge RPG/Tycoon game.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Okay Guys,

This is the big load. LOAD. For some of this Fallout stuff, can someone tell Ausir?

Shrinkwrapped BG2 CE:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271271868790?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Shrinkwrapped IWD2 CE. I've only ever seen one of these before and it was on Feargus bookshelf. I actually have no idea what is inside it/
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271271873517?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Shrinkwrapped European version of Fallout 1 that was given to me by Chris Avellone:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271271877450?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

My autographed Fallout New Vegas, autographed by almost the entire team including Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone, and Brian Menze:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271271924037?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

My autographed Fallout New Vegas Hardback Strategy Guide, autographed by almost the entire team including Josh Sawyer, Chris Avellone, and Brian Menze:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271272545474?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Finally, the framed and shadowboxed original PipBoy artwork by Brian Menze, including original Fallout 1 Vault 13 flask swag, and finally the ultra rare Gecko in a Can from Fallout 2:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271273169601?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

If you guys know anyone like Ausir who might be interested in following the auctions, let them know.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Too rich for my blood. But should see if NMA/The Vault won't post on it. I'll check for you tomorrow. Must be someone out there with that kinda money to spend.

Hee, a little birdie told me an outrageous story about Baudoin's departure. Looks like there may have been some truth to it. :)

Uhh...pretty much the whole Codex was aware of that one Roguey. Annie posted several times on the Codex that the game was literally unplayable and unshippable with only a short time to go before release, when Baudoin 'left', and that most folks at Obsidian gave Sawyer major kudos for managing to salvage a sellable product out of it.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Too rich for my blood. But should see if NMA/The Vault won't post on it. I'll check for you tomorrow. Must be someone out there with that kinda money to spend.

Did you post it somewhere? I'm surprised it was bid on so fast so I, think you posting about it may have had a hand in it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Uhh...pretty much the whole Codex was aware of that one Roguey. Annie posted several times on the Codex that the game was literally unplayable and unshippable with only a short time to go before release, when Baudoin 'left', and that most folks at Obsidian gave Sawyer major kudos for managing to salvage a sellable product out of it.
I was referring to http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...y-time-with-old-man-davis.83113/#post-2660141 which I believe no one has actually publicly stated.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Did you post it somewhere? I'm surprised it was bid on so fast so I, think you posting about it may have had a hand in it.
Nah not yet. There's just some crazy-ass people out there man. I wasn't too sure you even wanted it posted on after your follow-up post, heh. That's some unique-ass items man :(

Duraframe300

Arcane
Nah not yet. There's just some crazy-ass people out there man. I wasn't too sure you even wanted it posted on after your follow-up post, heh. That's some unique-ass items man :(

I posted it over at the penny-arcade forums and (naturally) the Obsidian forums. So, maybe from one of those, but I dunno. Might just be a collector that coincidentally saw it.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer

Do you have links? Im not a member at the PA forums.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anthony Davis, I think you priced the BGII game to high. I've sold several (without shrink-wrap) and they only go for around $50-$60 these days. You would probably get more starting bids if you had it start at $150.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Anthony Davis, I think you priced the BGII game to high. I've sold several (without shrink-wrap) and they only go for around $50-$60 these days. You would probably get more starting bids if you had it start at $150.

You might be right, but I also had a guy send me a video where apparently this is the Asian version of the CE and he said it was even more rare (based solely apparently on the out of 7000 from the picture of it).

What do you guys think? Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBY41OBTJIY

He seems knowledgeable and has a hell of a collection.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You might be right, but I also had a guy send me a video where apparently this is the Asian version of the CE and he said it was even more rare (based solely apparently on the out of 7000 from the picture of it).

What do you guys think? Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBY41OBTJIY

He seems knowledgeable and has a hell of a collection.
Interesting, never knew about the Asian edition but other than the number it is still just a repackaged US edition. I certainly wouldn't be paying $600-$1,000 like he was talking.... plus... from Russia, really can he be trusted... :troll:

:patriot:

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Just early in the morning here in the donut mines.

Read a funny essay over at ace of spades:
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/343109.php

Really, really looking forward to going back to Obsidian. Brian Menze has threatened to hug me for an hour, which is awesome.

I look forward to comic book Wednesday lunch again with Brian Menze, Chris Avellone and maybe Dennis Presnell if he still goes.

I look forward to working with the old and new programmers there.

I really, really look forward to see and work with my friend Chris Jones again. Same with my friend Rich Taylor, John Burke, Jabby, Steve Weatherly (aka cranky old man even though he's really young) and all those others.

Hearing Feargus call out "DAVIS!" And wondering if he means me or Nathan. If he starts telling a Texas joke, he means me, lol.

Just gonna be great. Hard. Work, sure, but my wife and I will be close to her family and they are super excited about the baby and... Can't happen soon enough!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom