Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Devil May Cry

DmC still got 86 on metacritic though, so Capcom owes Ninja Theory royalties :troll:

Modron

Arcane
DmC still got 86 on metacritic though, so Capcom owes Ninja Theory royalties :troll:

The whole review process is not over though first wave of reviews = ad revenue whores and day 1 derpers; once the second wave of slightly more honest reviews hits who knows where that average will settle.

deuxhero

Arcane
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/44652/dmc/
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/44651/dmc/

Global sales on the xbox 0.23m, on the ps3 0.45m. No info on the PC sales, but I expect it to hover in between the xbox and ps3 sales. These are some pretty fucking horrible numbers. With MGR and the new God of War game around the corner it's unlikely that sales will pick up either.

VGchartz is mostly guesswork

What IS telling is Amazon's best seller list. Amazon is the third largest games retailer in the US and the best seller list is actual ~real time data, so the data is actually more accurate than the "official" numbers that come out which are simply representative pools (though sadly only tracks comparative sales, not numbers).

During launch week DmC couldn't get into the top 50 and both versions fell out of the top 100 before the week was over, yet DMC HD Collection hovered around #50 for the entire week and then some time after. Games that weren't out yet beat it (Fire Emblem, which wasn't out for a month, was in the top 25, while Ni no Kuni, which was a week until release was number 1).

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There is a whole weird thing where a lot of Japanese publishers are trying to crack the "HOW WE CAN CODBLOPS SALES" puzzle (or at least look like they're trying to their investors) by plowing money into western developers.

They are trying to appeal to western audiences because Japanese market is dead. That is why this reboot, that is why a lot of crap. And that is why DS2 will probably be shit.

There is a whole weird thing where a lot of Japanese publishers are trying to crack the "HOW WE CAN CODBLOPS SALES" puzzle (or at least look like they're trying to their investors) by plowing money into western developers.

They are trying to appeal to western audiences because Japanese market is dead. That is why this reboot, that is why a lot of crap. And that is why DS2 will probably be shit.

DeS and DkS were a surprise hit thanks to western audiences. And the Japanese market is more stagnant than dead at this time, it's still respectable.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
And the Japanese market is more stagnant than dead at this time, it's still respectable.

Really now?

Roughly 70 percent of all videogame software and hardware sales in Japan are for Nintendo platforms at present, according to the latest sales data from Japanese industry analysts Media Create.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/08/nintendo-japanese-market/

Game Software, Sold copies

2013013011572954638.jpg

However, from the chart also can be seen growing game industry recession in Japan, a traditional game industry in Japan, called Platinum masterpiece sold over one million copies of the game, more than two million double platinum masterpiece, and so.Contrast every year several hundreds of millions of sales of the game on the end of the century, in 2012, Japan is not even a sales volume of over a million games, relative to last year, the first day of sales 3,500,000 Diablo Diablo 3, first week sales of 2.4 million"Mass Effect 3".Let us take a look at this list:

1: "Pokemon: Black and White 2"
2: "Animal Crossing: new leaf."
3: "New Super Mario Brothers 2"
4: "Dragon Quest: Monster articles 3DS"
5: "Resident Evil 6"
6: "Pirate Warriors"
7: "Mario Kart 7"
8: "Super Mario 3D continent"
9: "Mario Party 9"
10: "Dragon Quest 10"

Hmm, I heard some things were still selling well over there. Didn't realize it was handheld shovelware though.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
At first I was like, why the fuck is this in JRPG discussion?

And then I was like, why is this degenerating into games sales discussion again?

But finally I actually find this quite interesting and I learned something about games in Japan.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hehe DmC is not selling. Not only is DmC a horrible blight on the Devil May Cry name they also made Enslaved and for that they deserve to be burnt to the fucking ground. Guess what mother fuckers you can even sell the 5th game in a million dollar series. WELL FUCKING DONE!! I HOPE YOU ALL GET CANCER IN THE ASS!!! I fucking hate Enslaved.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Everyone across the web seems to have forgotten about it already, which is a very good thing. It is a very good example of what happens when you continuously say 'hey fukk u fans' and it turns out they were the only people interested in the game from the start. :lol:

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So the new numbers are slowly coming out and it seems that MGR is outselling this shithole of a game. The amount of anguish and crying from the so called "pro" camp makes me hard.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I reviewed both DMC and MGR. MGR destroys DMC in terms of gameplay. It is fast, 60fps action, with challenging gameplay (even on normal difficulty). Of course this is not surprising, since MGR was developed by Platinumgames, which excells in hack&slash gameplay. On the other hand DMC was made by Ninja Theory, which excells in.....umm...yeah...

But may I ask what does this topic do in the RPG part of Codex?

Cynic

Arcane
Holy fuck Skyway actually says DMC > Dark Souls and you bros are taking the bait!

It's not that claim that seems suspect, as it's just some good ol' skyway hyperbole, but the overall claim that DmC: Dig my Cojones isn't somewhere in between decidedly mediocre and SHITPURESHIT. Especially coming from someone who played DMC3 and DMC4.

Welp, time to make this thread go for at least a few more pages.

Summon @MetalCraze. Let's do this bro.

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
Fans will still complain because Dante is different.

-New “Bloody Palace” mode for Vergil - By popular demand, Vergil will now have his own Bloody Palace mode, featuring sixty waves of stylish madness. As an added bonus, the timer in Bloody Palace mode (for both characters) is now a toggle-able setting.

-Turbo Mode - A perennial favorite of the Devil May Cry franchise, this mode gives a 20% speed boost to all gameplay, upgrading the game’s tempo from Adagio to—wait for it—Andante. Pretty proud of that one.

-Hardcore Mode - Designed for those looking for a classic, hardcore challenge, this setting can be toggled on and off between stages, and will affect various aspects of the game, such as Devil Trigger, AI, and the Style system.

-Gods Must Die difficulty level - Unlocked after beating Dante Must Die, this mode is insanely hard, with all enemies spawning in Devil Trigger and dealing 2.5x the normal damage. Plus: no items allowed!

-Must Style mode - For the masochistic, this mode requires that players achieve an S style rank or higher in order to deal damage to enemies.

:bounce:

This is fucking awesome. Can't wait to fight 3 Dreamrunners at the same time in Turbo.

I do hope they fix DMC4's problems as well; adding Vergil isn't enough. That game could've been much better with good camera placement, smoother controls and bosses who telegraph their attacks properly (fuck the Dante boss fight - that shit was abysmal)

Edit: No PC? :x

Martius

Liturgist
I just think that Capcom doing full circle is pretty funny. I just played DmC demo, if there will be pc version maybe I would pick it up on sale. With DMC4SE it depends what Capcom will do with that. I hope there will be any information sooner than later.
I hope PC version will be announced later. I think all DMC ports is work of one specialized company - Qloc. I guess if these versions will be on pc they will handle that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom