Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2 being remade on starcraft 2 engine - C&D letter in 3... 2...

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For Blizzard (and for many others) there's some clear correlation between modernity and lack of atmosphere. It's like with every polygon-count increase, they lose a little bit of the charm that made the game good to begin with.

Put the video's audio on mute and play this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8

Warcraft 3 is a very shitty game despite being low polygon. Probably their shittiest game, I couldn't stomach WoW enough to decide if it's shittier.

karfhud

Augur
For Blizzard (and for many others) there's some clear correlation between modernity and lack of atmosphere. It's like with every polygon-count increase, they lose a little bit of the charm that made the game good to begin with.

Put the video's audio on mute and play this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2evIg-aYw8

Warcraft 3 is a very shitty game despite being low polygon. Probably their shittiest game, I couldn't stomach WoW enough to decide if it's shittier.

:fight:

All I would want from Diablo 2 nowadays is official high res support, some UI improvements and a shared stash. Then I would happily return to playing it. Don't need no graphics improvements, it's still a good looking game, if run on higher resolution.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
It's a great, great game. The problem is that anyone who gets gud has this expression stamped on their face :smug: and it's not all that attractive.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
All I would want from Diablo 2 nowadays is official high res support, some UI improvements and a shared stash. Then I would happily return to playing it. Don't need no graphics improvements, it's still a good looking game, if run on higher resolution.

There is a mod for shared stash and other features - PlugY. To hell with Median and all the other "multiply numbers by 100 and attach lightning bolts to everything" mods.
There is a hi-res mod as well, but the game's AI turns off outside the usual visible area and it looks and plays silly at resolutions above vanilla.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Getting Oculus as a Sorceress for the first time from a Mephisto run. I will never forget this feeling.
Running with my hammerdin on a bhaalrun for the xxx time, I still have this image implanted in my mind.
Trying to get that ethereal armor zoded, what a pain WHAT A PAIN.

That's how good Diablo 2 was.

There is a mod for shared stash and other features - PlugY. To hell with Median and all the other "multiply numbers by 100 and attach lightning bolts to everything" mods.
There is a hi-res mod as well, but the game's AI turns off outside the usual visible area and it looks and plays silly at more than vanilla res.

I used to play with high res mod at 720p before patch 1.12 (i think) came and it stopped working. Everything seemed fine with it. Higher field of view was heavan and I didn't notice any weirdness with enemies. So there's a way to enable higher res on latest patch now? Might have to check it out. I remember program called "atma" that worked great for stashing items. You didn't even need to have game launched to transfer items between chars. But I meant that I would like to have shared stash as actual in game option so it would work with non single player characters.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
PlugY has ingame shared stash with essentially unlimited space and also allows you to store unlimited gold in there. You can reset your stats and skills (also accidentally, so much fun:)) and it unlocks some multiplayer-only encounters for singleplayer. I'm sure there is more I don't remember.

Not sure about the resolution mod, but it was quite a while ago when I tried it. I suppose it saw some further development since then.

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
why the fuck would anyone wanna play diablo 2 in 2016

Because there is nothing else?

Diablo 2 is still objectively the best hack n slash that you can replay over and over.

anyone who played diablo probably played enoguh diablo 2 for a lifetime

i didnt hate the game i played it on b net with friends and shit and you know what after the 100th mephisto or gem run the game gets fucking boring

anyone who disagrees and actually played that game for hundreds and hundreds of hours doing the exact same thing over and over is a fucking retard with moderate to severe autism

and i never played diablo 3

most fun i ever had on diablo 2 was hopping into random peoples cow games and killing their cow king to ruin the portal for them

Murk

Arcane

My point was that 3 had less atmosphere than 2, given that 2 had no polygons.

Kaucukovnik

Cipher
To hell with Median and all the other "multiply numbers by 100 and attach lightning bolts to everything" mods.

To hell with YOU.

Anyway, here is a decent rundown of D2 mods.

screen68.jpg

screen72.jpg
Yes! This is what Diablo II needed fot perfection!
I don't see tons of item graphics ripped from other games though.

DraQ

Arcane
Diablo 2 is the greatest game of its kind and Median XL: Ultimative is one of the greatest mods ever made.
To hell with Median and all the other "multiply numbers by 100 and attach lightning bolts to everything" mods.
:M
Ok, so let's agree that Diablo 2 is the greatest Shitty MMO-Lite there is and Median is the best epilepsy s(t)imulator mod to date.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom