Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Cerulean

Cipher
Not even 72 hours later, I started another Fishymancer Necro.

God help me. :negative:

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected
What is the lore explanation for why the rogues' breasts become larger when they become evil?

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Not even 72 hours later, I started another Fishymancer Necro.

God help me. :negative:
I've played my fair share of HC ladder back in the day and while summoning necros are very safe, I find them incredibly boring to play. What makes you like this build so much? Why not play something like an FO/FB sorc instead?

Perkel

Arcane
I don't want to give 40 euro for this game so I installed Path of Diablo again and all the UI improvements there are super nice, I don't think I would want to play with vanilla D2 UI, even if it is better resolution like D2R

Believe it or not, there are still a few employees at Blizzervision who know what they are doing. It feels like a kind of civil war is happening inside of the studio. There are some loving touches and salutations toward what makes the game great, and there are pozzed soldiers in lockstep with jewry trying to memoryhole D2 so the zombies will eat up D4. There are also talented modders making headway, despite the effort to stop them.

D3 dev team =/= D4 dev team

D2R was made by studio which wasn't even in Blizzard. Vicarious Vision was bought by Blizzard just before release of D2R. D2R was contracted work and they liked their work so much that they outright bough them. From what i understand those folks now also helping on D4 project.

As for Blizzard it was always shite, i never understood in first place why people cared. Warcraft were shit rtses, WoW was shit mmo.
Blizzard North (original creators of D1/D2) if you look at interviews was also pretty much separate from Blizzard main studios.

D2R is easly one of the best remasters. It is pretty much perfect. Only thing i would wish is for it to have non patched original D2 without runewords and synergies.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't want to give 40 euro for this game so I installed Path of Diablo again and all the UI improvements there are super nice, I don't think I would want to play with vanilla D2 UI, even if it is better resolution like D2R

Believe it or not, there are still a few employees at Blizzervision who know what they are doing. It feels like a kind of civil war is happening inside of the studio. There are some loving touches and salutations toward what makes the game great, and there are pozzed soldiers in lockstep with jewry trying to memoryhole D2 so the zombies will eat up D4. There are also talented modders making headway, despite the effort to stop them.

D2R was made by studio which wasn't even in Blizzard. Vicarious Vision was bought by Blizzard just before release of D2R. D2R was contracted work and they liked their work so much that they outright bough them. From what i understand those folks now also helping on D4 project.

As for Blizzard it was always shite, i never understood in first place why people cared. Warcraft were shit rtses, WoW was shit mmo.
Blizzard North (original creators of D1/D2) if you look at interviews was also pretty much separate from Blizzard main studios.

D2R is easly one of the best remasters. It is pretty much perfect. Only thing i would wish is for it to have non patched original D2 without runewords and synergies.
Don't know what you are about. Diablo 1/2, Starcraft and Warcraft 2 were genre defining games of their time. And while I never wanted to play WoW, for people that liked MMORPG it was also genre defining.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Don't know what you are about. Diablo 1/2, Starcraft and Warcraft 2 were genre defining games of their time. And while I never wanted to play WoW, for people that liked MMORPG it was also genre defining.

Brood War is probably the best designed RTS of all time

Diablo 1-2 revolutionised system design via skill trees, the red and blue mana "blobs", approach to itemisation, etc.

Warcraft 2-3 are inferior to Starcraft but spawned a super succesful subgenre or two

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Plus u have to appreciate Blizzard for 2 things at least,

- their level of polish was unparalleled
- their development cycle of "its done when its done"

Unlike these modern faggots who do Early Access, crowdfunding and blackmail you with stretch goals, you could only get information about their upcoming games in gaming zines or visit expos, and that info was vague and/or tiny. The also worked in a bubble and didnt feel the need to ask their audience "what do you want to see/play?" like homosexuals. Instead they had purity of vision and just followed it

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yeah and they weren't afraid of scraping their games when they felt wrong. Both Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Ghost was scrapped when they could've hit the market for easy money.

Self-Ejected

Lim-Dûl

Self-Ejected

Yeah and they weren't afraid of scraping their games when they felt wrong. Both Warcraft Adventures and Starcraft Ghost was scrapped when they could've hit the market for easy money.
Looking back it seems likely they scrapped those because it was decided that they didn't have the potential to milk the players enough with as little investment as possible.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
And while I never wanted to play WoW, for people that liked MMORPG it was also genre defining.

EQ was genre defining, not WoW

WoW stole everything from EQ and Diablo.
Is that why for next 10-15 years all MMORPG's were called WoW clones or WoW killers?!

because WoW was way more popular than EQ

It made the most money, it had the most players, during the early 2000s MMO boom, everyone wanted a piece of the WoW cake and none suceeded

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Thats because you are a brainless prostitute

Not their fault people are lazy and copied them instead of coming up with their own stuff

Cerulean

Cipher
I've played my fair share of HC ladder back in the day and while summoning necros are very safe, I find them incredibly boring to play. What makes you like this build so much? Why not play something like an FO/FB sorc instead?
Fair question! I just like the whole "zookeeper" aspect of the whole build. Sometimes I can just kick back, drink a beer, watch the skellies do the work, and not even bother with casting any curses. I also like that it's not gear dependent; I don't have the time for MF farming, and I can get by just fine with a Lore helmet, a Bone wand, and a Rhyme shield.

Most importantly of late, my home internet seems to have lots of connection interruptions (fuck you Comcast!), so when that happens, assuming I'm not in the middle of being poisoned, I'll generally be alive once I can start a game again. That was my theory anyway, and as you can see from my posts here, that's not always true.

:negative:

Anyway, you're right, I should mix it up a bit. I'd love to get a Bowazon going, since that was the class I enjoyed the most back in the day, but that fucking bug Duriel always gives me so much grief that I don't know how to safely get past him in HC. I'd have to study up all over again. Any thoughts?

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Fair question! I just like the whole "zookeeper" aspect of the whole build. Sometimes I can just kick back, drink a beer, watch the skellies do the work, and not even bother with casting any curses. I also like that it's not gear dependent; I don't have the time for MF farming, and I can get by just fine with a Lore helmet, a Bone wand, and a Rhyme shield.

Most importantly of late, my home internet seems to have lots of connection interruptions (fuck you Comcast!), so when that happens, assuming I'm not in the middle of being poisoned, I'll generally be alive once I can start a game again. That was my theory anyway, and as you can see from my posts here, that's not always true.

:negative:

Anyway, you're right, I should mix it up a bit. I'd love to get a Bowazon going, since that was the class I enjoyed the most back in the day, but that fucking bug Duriel always gives me so much grief that I don't know how to safely get past him in HC. I'd have to study up all over again. Any thoughts?
Man, you really need balls to play HC online with a shitty internet connection. Do you usually play with someone? Then at least you can loot most of the equipment if you die. But yeah, necro is probably the most relaxing hardcore build. However, the shitty AI of the minions is a pain especially if you play with mages as they tend to block your other minions.

Regarding Bowazon: I recently leveled one up (softcore, but I didn't die so far) and I'd only recommend playing one if you have some gear for her. To level up, Arctic Gear is great. If you have the full set, you cannot be frozen at all anymore which helps a lot against Duriel. Once you have valkyrie most bosses become a joke anyway, but they will take quite a while to die. A powerful merc helps here as well: Kelpie Snare, for example, is great for slowing bosses on nightmare.

Have you thought about playing a trap assassin? That's also quite a safe build which doesn't require a lot of gear. I always enjoyed playing it even though lightning immune enemies can be a pain.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Are people still god awful ugly to look at? More hot nudish rogues, Andariel, npcs, and redone succubi akin to D1?

Prolly not.

Then again.... killing hottish-looking "women" makes one look like a serial killer, except they are vile and want to kill you.

I'm still considering buying..... maybe..... some day far away.

Cerulean

Cipher
Have you though about playing a trap assassin? That's also quite a save build which doesn't require a lot of gear. I always enjoyed playing it even though lightning immune enemies can be a pain.

Thanks! Time to mix things up a bit, so I'll try a Traps Assassin. My only difficulty in starting a new character by now, is that going through Acts 1 to 4 on Normal is like pulling teeth. The game only starts being fun once I get to Act 5.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Serious question, if you buy the remaster or megapack, is it stored on your diablo account in the blizzard cloud?

Atm, I'm in a shit online area but could purchase and maybe DL it at a highspeed center like a netcafe or library.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Are people still god awful ugly to look at? More hot nudish rogues, Andariel, npcs, and redone succubi akin to D1?

Prolly not.

Then again.... killing hottish-looking "women" makes one look like a serial killer, except they are vile and want to kill you.

I'm still considering buying..... maybe..... some day far away.
Play Path of Diablo instead it is better.
Now that I found Sacred 2 to scratch my H&S itch I am waiting for Diablo 4 to see if it turns out fun. If not I am going to try PoE 2 and if both will suck maybe something else shows up. If not I guess I will play Sacred 2 or Path of Diablo when I get that itch again.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom