Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

agris

Arcane
Patron
It is shocking, so used to feedback being ignored in favor of groupthink.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I always wanted them to add the old classes just for shits like certain Castlevania games let you play classic Belmont.

Warrior
Rogue
Wizard
Bard
Monk

er...
Cowman Freak
Lester the Farmer
Drunk Farnum
Wirt the squirt .. er wait I hate him.
Ogden
Pippin because priests never get to do shit
Cain so he can talk to himself
Gharbad because he's turned a new leaf and wants to kill his asshole brethren
A cow so I can moo.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Exclusive look at the limited physical edition box art of D2R. It's, as I'm told, "a work in progress."

Diablo II released 2000:

2912_front.jpg

Diablo II Resurrected released 2021:

soyface-jpeg.2099720

Generic-Giant-Spider

Blizzard did have a weird fixation of making box art covers of you holding a staring contest. Diablo, Starcraft (all three), Brood War, Diablo II, Lord of Destruction, Warcraft III's covers. I would also say Diablo II had the best of that particular style.

But the best Blizzard box art will always be Warcraft I and Warcraft II's.

651597_front.jpg

8811_front.jpg

Mud'

Scholar
I am going to be honest, i really liked Diablo 2, it was fun and all but in the bottom of my heart i was hoping for a remake of Diablo 1.

That game seriously needs it, more so than 2 but it wouldnt sell that well at all.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
i always hated the d2 cover
generic skelly in robe with soulstone hole made no fucking sense
literally banal shit boring

You are wrong, sir. This is one of the best covers ever.
its terrible
after d1 i expected some high detail full of features catholic gothic construction intricate symbols and heavenly conflict
a mix of jerbdizniziznzski and leonardo davinci
and all i got was quick paint and not even a good one
the face is flat, the lighting on the skull features makes no sense
the proportions of eyes nose etc are all shit
its terrible

Harthwain

Magister
What? It's Prince Aidan from D1, now the Wanderer. The dude you chase the entire game. Makes plenty o' sense

I don’t understand, the prince is dead after you kill Diablo, victim of summoning Diablo. A Wanderer is YOU.

The prince from Diablo I is named Albrecht.

He's talking about (the utterly nonsensical) retcon from Diablo 3, where the Warrior/Dark Wanderer is depicted as king Leoric's *elder* son Aidan. Who also fucks with Adria the Witch. Just because (I said it's utterly nonsensical, didn't I?).

Generic-Giant-Spider

The Aidan shit is pure fanfiction, I just call him the Warrior or Dark Wanderer depending on the game.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
baahahahahahhahahahahahah
G3IiuAa.png

6as7gBV.png

tiny rat teeth
receding chin
blizzard came a long way!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

I think Andariel's ass/ass-crack is also veiled (aka censored) now with a piece of cloth now.
I guess a nice ass is more depraved than pierced and chained bare tits in their view.

Does anyone has a screenshot with Andariel from behind in the original D2?

Merk Kern is a raging cuck and a fucking autistic sperg fag. Can be ignored wholly. I like how he just takes a shit on the devs, because 1 insignificant fucking pixel-hunt thing wasnt up to his liking, meanwhile the entire remaster is excellent lol.

MUH PIXELS, MUH AMAZOUN, I need to jerk off my cuck penis to 4k amazon. BLIZZARD BAD

WAH

this slurping retard again...

For other's information, Merk Kern and others were the ones that fought and internal battle with Blizzard South for the sexiness of the amazon.
Even then at the end of the 90's there were retards that thought Amazon's look was somehow too much and "inappropriate".

He didn't get the alpha?
Are you fuckin kidding me? They couldn't be bothered to give him a key when any other twitch retarded streamer got one?
The disrespect...

Blizzard must hate Brevick to this day for pointing out the obvious about Diablo 3 in that famous interview.

Last edited:

axx

Savant
His wife is a streamer, but he's often next to her. From what I've seen there and from his twitter it's obvious he's not on good terms with Blizzard.

typical user

Arbiter
What? It's Prince Aidan from D1, now the Wanderer. The dude you chase the entire game. Makes plenty o' sense

I don’t understand, the prince is dead after you kill Diablo, victim of summoning Diablo. A Wanderer is YOU.

The prince from Diablo I is named Albrecht.

He's talking about (the utterly nonsensical) retcon from Diablo 3, where the Warrior/Dark Wanderer is depicted as king Leoric's *elder* son Aidan. Who also fucks with Adria the Witch. Just because (I said it's utterly nonsensical, didn't I?).

Let's just pretend D3 never happened. Most the stuff there is anime level. Blizz knows that, D4 will be a throwback to D2 with same classes, darker tone etc.

Warrior is canon protag of D1, he embedded soulstone into his forehead, so in D2 we chase ourselves from D1. Pretty nice buildup, some might say it is boring but eh, I like simple things as long as they are made with good taste.
Rogue is Blood Raven or whatever she is called in english version.
Mage is Demonolog or something in Sanctuary in Act 2. I believe it is alluded somewhere in the dialogs with NPCs but less so than Rogue, since no one knows about the Sancturay below palace in the first place.

And the new cover art is again nu-Blizzard quality. Don't know why they haven't gone for enhancing the old one or even expanded by adding Baal and making an artwork for Mephisto who would be placed with D in the middle.

Also why censor characters instead of making it a togglable asset-swap in options for chinese area or something.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Blizz knows that, D4 will be a throwback to D2 with same classes, darker tone etc.
its unbelievable how people get spit in the face, shat on by mindless, global corps
and they keep crawling back like absolutely retarded and pathetic cucks...
to eat shit and get fucked in the ass yet again!
AND THEY PAAAAAAAAAAAAY FOR IT

those people fucking vote too

d45fb619-c785-4c46-8ceb-486e3a59667e.gif

Generic-Giant-Spider

I'm 100% convinced that David Brevik's true passion project in life were Diablo/Diablo II and after that he just kept spinning his wheels and never gave a shit about anything again which reflects how he did nothing really significant after. Last I checked he was developing some run-of-the-mill indie pixel art game that's like Terraria or whatever.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Sorry spider, I had to tag a racist on the Warcraft I & II pics. OLM!!! Orcies are people too now. (Overlay darko on green and the woke crowd goes anal shitstorm).

Why don't they put Tranazon's face as the box art? Its more terrifying than diablo in any incarnation.

Hyperion

Arcane
The Aidan shit is pure fanfiction, I just call him the Warrior or Dark Wanderer depending on the game.
It's not. Play it again as the Warrior. Ogden's opening speech starts with the words, "Thank goodness you've returned!" He knows you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom