Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Disco Elysium - Final Cut is Cut from Australia

urmom

Learned
Australia is just trying to protect its culture from Eastern European post-communist nihilism.

Sometimes by bringing something on the fringes that you cherish into the mainstream the spotlight ends up ruining or destroying that thing and everything around it.

How can the counterculture remain so if the stuff it produces is winning GOTY awards left-and-right? 20 or 30 years from now, sure. But, the year it was released?! No!!

Games like Disco Elysium should not be sold in stores. They should be traded between individuals in shaded dark alleyways.

Codex needs to hide itself from Google if it wants to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
DE should not be sold in stores. It should only be traded between individuals in shaded dark alleyways.
"That's right honey, reel them in."

20952.jpg

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Cleve liked DE. I noticed that's a common thing here, people on the fringes of the political spectrum end up liking this thing whereas the more level-headed do not.
I doubt the political link is sound.

Like Cleve says, his interest is all about the innovative design elements that show promise. And the artistic approach.

I bet the correlation has more to do about being open-minded, versus dogmatic in your beliefs and not wanting to like anything that challenges them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I bet the correlation has more to do about being open-minded, versus dogmatic in your beliefs and not wanting to like anything that challenges them.

:hmmm:

All those open minded nazi/commies?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron

Ah yes here we have labels on this forum. Not persons. And obviously we have so many nazis and communists, that even the nazis want to respect others aside from casual insults, and the communists are closer to capitalists than otherwise.

Gross mischaracterization aside, having beliefs doesn't mean you're not open-minded, or willing to see some innovative stuff even if you disagree with it. By your own admission, nazis like a communist game. Doesn't that make them open-minded?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Ah yes here we have labels on this forum. Not persons. And obviously we have so many nazis and communists, that even the nazis want to respect others aside from casual insults, and the communists are closer to capitalists than otherwise.

Gross mischaracterization aside, having beliefs doesn't mean you're not open-minded, or willing to see some innovative stuff even if you disagree with it. By your own admission, nazis like a communist game. Doesn't that make them open-minded?

People are not equal to the weird political theories they are sympatising with.

urmom

Learned
It's nice that Cleve likes art. If he were better at it from a time/budget/teamwork standpoint he would be more successful tho. He has fans willing to subsidize his efforts now, which could theoretically be a good thing, I guess? Yes? No? We'll see.

Last edited:

urmom

Learned
People are not equal to the weird political theories they are sympatising with.
Could you explain this? There are several possible interpretations (as well as possible typos/grammar errors...) without more clarity.

Last edited:

urmom

Learned
You could flip this around again and say pejoratives like "smelly SJW" (I just made that up) are just labels and mischaracterizations, too. And flip it a third or fourth time, etc. etc. etc. Like a photocopy, each time you do it the picture becomes uglier and uglier. Like a shitty type of fractal...

I don't want to go into too much detail, as I will likely just add my own photocopy to the stack...

Last edited:

urmom

Learned
Not trying to pick sides or be judgmental, because it's natural and we all do it and mostly it's just self-harm, but when somebody goes on and on and on about how other people totally suck you have to wonder if maybe they're not on the right track...

Even if the person gets 99.9999% of their facts straight.

urmom

Learned
The most important thing is the law, though. The law is always right.

z'on verlies

Literate
Developer
The most important thing is the law, though. The law is always right.

if a game can result in these sort of thoughts coming up in discussion, maybe that alone makes it worthwhile.

I was promised entertaining far-right playtrough of the game. Gotta check it out

if i'm not mistaken, fascist play-through was the _designer_ playthrough and got much attention.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Dayly remainder that communsm is dead and those "commies" are pretenders.

Also for Astralia - I would agree with missing 1 good game if it help to avoid 10 bad, damaging one.
However, is it the case is a mistery.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom