Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I read very fast.

But do you understand what you are reading?
German efficiency, bro.
Come on brate,you are well read dude,you do know how to read efficiently.
There's a difference between fast reading techniques and skipping segments of text entirely.
Yeah,that is true,but text skipping is a technique in fast reading. Also it is not skipping per se,you do know how the writer structures the sentence,what is the meaning he wants to put out,thus you could extrapolate what is written. It is your mind finishing the line before your eyes could read it. That said there is plenty of shit not worth watching/reading in modern games,you could just skip that shit. That is one of the reasons i am one of the few godlikes that managed to finish numanuma :lol::lol::lol:.

Yeah, I was reading like this when 17yo, thought I was a smartass and fucked the system, selectively "read" this way up to 15-20 books every week. All Stephen King and Philip K. Dick books for instance.
This feels so stupid now))

Fuck that descriptive text lol,two paragraphs about how someone is picking his nose before talking to you.

Bro, I think you not quite understand how reading the fiction works.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I really need to find the energy to play this, I feel like it's a full-focus commitment to play.
It's <20 hours. Do it pussy.

how do you read so fucking fast? it took me 40+ hours.

27 hours for me.

I read very fast.
27 hours for me too, and I'm not a fast reader. You also have to consider that I read a not negligible amount of words while crying, so you should go a lot faster if you are not as weak as me.

The game supposedly has 1M words, and the average reading speed is (unless Google is messing with me) 300 words per minute, so you need a bit more than 55 hours to read every single line of dialogue. I'm sure that you can't experience EVERYTHING in a single playthrough, but I don't know how to extimate which percentage of the game you get each time.
Majority of those words are part of the different personalities checks. You could read nearly all of them....if you use cheat engine and get 6/6/6/6 at the start.

Yeah, I was reading like this when 17yo, thought I was a smartass and fucked the system, selectibely "read" this way up to 15-20 books every week.
This feels so stupid now))
:nocountryforshitposters:
LoL you are dumb. You were just reading shit you were not interested and skipping shit. That is very different thing. Have no idea what system are you talking about also,i take it it is some kwan shit.

I generally prefer to take my time when read good books,to prefer to savour it with a glass of brandy.....or two :). Now games and tv shows/films/anime are different shit. Capable writers are very rare shit in the entertainment industry,thus most of it is filled with generic copy/paste shit because they all have been going to same universities and got brainwashed the same shit,and all of them lack any life experience that could put a spark of life in their work. That shit is waste of time most of the times....per complanca.

Bro, I think you not quite understand how reading the fiction works.
:hmmm:
Have you even played numanuma???? Also descriptive text is over used in most modern fantasy book,that is why they are shit. Game of thrones is shit,wheel of time was fine for the first two books and then i stopped even bothering with that shit. Generally american writers are shit.

ValeVelKal

Arcane

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I really need to find the energy to play this, I feel like it's a full-focus commitment to play.
It's <20 hours. Do it pussy.

how do you read so fucking fast? it took me 40+ hours.
Don't take the Encyclopedia skill. Word count reduced by 25%. Not having any "intellect" skill probably removes >40% of the word count.
Yet that shit is the most interesting in the game. I disliked the melodrama ones and the deranged ones,like sucking a door knob.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
My favorite ones are probably Rhetoric and Composure. :M
Encyclopedia and logic,plus a endurance for chad racist play :obviously:.

That said they did over did it,should have made it 3 personalities per attribute and one negative or something similar. Better to have a dozen well done ones than a 30 participation awards.

Vatnik Wumao
That said they did over did it,should have made it 3 personalities per attribute and one negative or something similar. Better to have a dozen well done ones than a 30 participation awards.
Thankfully all of them get some amount of screentime as it were. As for negatives, no point in that since all of them have both possible and negative qualities - both when they're low and when they're high.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I read very fast.

Yes. I learned how to read when I was 3 or so, and as a turboautist I perform more communication with text than with speech, so it's no wonder I'm fast at reading and have good reading comprehension. I use text for communication every day, speech only when I go out :M

Besides, other people here had similar hour counts to me, so it's not like I've played through the game exceptionally fast. And I didn't rush through it either.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I think a key difference on the time spent is on whether you savescum or not.

I took the decision some 10 years ago to not savescum and not reload as long as I am not dead in my games (accept-the-consequence), it made all my games 50% more enjoyable and in Disco Elysium it just created a perfect flow.

Well, I do savescum in puzzle games, in officially-strat-games-but-really-puzzle-games (eg Unity of Command) or after a developer-dick-move in tactical games.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
My favorite ones are probably Rhetoric and Composure. :M
Drama and Logic, followed closely by Suggestion thanks to the best line in the history of videogames:

sjjUTx9.png

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
I think a key difference on the time spent is on whether you savescumm or not.

I took the decision some 10 years ago to not savescumm and not reload as long as I am not dead in my game (accept-the-consequence), it made all my games 50% more enjoyable and in Disco Elysium it just created a perfect flow.

Well, I do savescum in puzzle games or in developer-dick-move in tactical game.

Well, there is no point in savescumm in Disco anyway. Sometimes it is more interesting to fail (not that :teleportation: check. fuck this part).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Thankfully all of them get some amount of screentime as it were. As for negatives, no point in that since all of them have both possible and negative qualities - both when they're low and when they're high.
Yeah,they did a good job of flashing them out,tho a lot of them do have similar use. In my book it would have been better if it was smaller,more focused number. As for the negative,ahhh they do it well in the game,but is still skippable and up to the player as a choice.

I read very fast.

Yes. I learned how to read when I was 3 or so, and as a turboautist I perform more communication with text than with speech, so it's no wonder I'm fast at reading and have good reading comprehension. I use text for communication every day, speech only when I go out :M

Besides, other people here had similar hour counts to me, so it's not like I've played through the game exceptionally fast. And I didn't rush through it either.
We do live in very sad world :(.

And yeah little fishes is clearly slow at reading. 20-30 hours is pretty accurate number for the game. I was even butthurt about being a bit short. I was expecting to be 50 hours because of codexian hype train,oh well.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Skene’s Gland

Literate
I’m not reading jack shit rn. I’m trying to advance the clock so I can go over the gay bridge. Bought a book to kill in game time but it only moved like 2 hours. I’m going to take a break and download that shitty Streets of Rage Yakuza game and come back to DE when I feel like watching paint dry again.

Vatnik Wumao
And yeah little fishes is clearly slow at reading.

I'm suffering from constant anxiety of missing something important in text before me, I think it is some prestigious kind of mental retardation.
This reminds me of comrade Lenin's parable in Trotsky. :M Truly the devil at work.

Each new scene from this that you're showing me is even more impressive.

It's overall a mixed bag from a historical point of view, but I do try to encourage people (in a passive manner akin to the Esopian sun) to watch it. Can be enjoyed both by someone like me and others ranging from Trotskyists to liberashkas.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
And yeah little fishes is clearly slow at reading.

I'm suffering from constant anxiety of missing something important in text before me, I think it is some prestigious kind of mental retardation.
I don't mean it as derogative,to each their own. Just stating the obvious. Everyone should play games the way the do find it the most enjoyable.

There is a good reason that he didn't cut it and Stalin took the power.

Trotskyists
Are retards and larpers. The drugaria Stalin did had the right idea about what to do with them.
:martini:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom