Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I can't think of a text-heavy game where full voice-over was an improvement. Disco Elysium seems no different.

Terenty

Liturgist
Watched the footage another couple of times and the full voice acting not only seems to be a pointless addition, but actually quite detracting to the whole experience.

If you wanna listen to the voices then you have to stare at the almost static screen with a looped animation that has nothing to do with what is being told and described by the voices and that's frankly very jarring.

prengle

Savant
they should've given their 70 bajillion dollars to me instead of blowing it on chapo trap house voice acting or whatever the fuck

GloomFrost

Arcane
REALLY disappointed with how Cuno sounds now. Completely different voice and intonation. I mean "fuck does Cuno care" literally became an iconic day one meme and its already ruined. And of course 1, one (ONE!!!!!) monotones voice for completely different skills is 100% pure stupid decline. Is it going to be be the same voice for all of the 24 skills?? Damn the final cut is not even out yet and its already so underwhelming. Why did I have to watch that video? :(.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there a way to play the new content but cut out the new VO? Perhaps the offending VO is all bundled in several asset files that can be simply renamed?

Red Hexapus

Savant
REALLY disappointed with how Cuno sounds now. Completely different voice and intonation. I mean "fuck does Cuno care" literally became an iconic day one meme and its already ruined. And of course 1, one (ONE!!!!!) monotones voice for completely different skills is 100% pure stupid decline. Is it going to be be the same voice for all of the 24 skills?? Damn the final cut is not even out yet and its already so underwhelming. Why did I have to watch that video? :(.
Agreed. I know it's an additional cost to hire more voice actors, but this approach is truly lacklustre. I was expecting the inner voices more diversified, like with the Ancient Reptilian Brain and Limbic System. I guess I'll just replay the game with the VO switched off.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
IT AIN'T A FUCKING RPG VERYLITTLEFISHES, DON'T FUCKING YES ME MAN, CAUSE IT AIN'T A FUCKING RPG.
Never was, never will be.
Fuck you guys.

jackofshadows

Magister
I hate voice over in games. In vanilla game you for the first (and the last?) time heard Harry's voice in karaoke and that was a very powerful moment.

Unfortunately (or is it intentional?) it's the same voice as for the ancient reptilian brain. So it was kinda ruined to me moment.

Salvo

Arcane
Another game falling victim to its own popularity? We'll see soon enough, I reckon. Teaser doesn't look good though.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
IT AIN'T A FUCKING RPG VERYLITTLEFISHES, DON'T FUCKING YES ME MAN, CAUSE IT AIN'T A FUCKING RPG.
Fuck you guys.
Listen asshole, Disco Elysium is THE defining RPG of this generation. Masterpieces such as this one appear once every 10-15 years and their very existence is a miracle in this sea of dogshit entertainment dogshit.

Vatnik Wumao
Fuck you guys.
Listen asshole, Disco Elysium is THE defining RPG of this generation. Masterpieces such as this one appear once every 10-15 years and their very existence is a miracle in this sea of dogshit entertainment dogshit.
This, but unironically.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom