Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Larianshill

Arbiter
Will Raphael Ambrosius Costeau lose his memory again?

I'm pretty sure that the next will be same setting, but different story. I mean, dude, they got a whole unique world unexplored and you want them to do sequel about cop in some disctrict of some little city?
Yeah.

Harthwain

Magister
I'm pretty sure that the next will be same setting, but different story. I mean, dude, they got a whole unique world unexplored and you want them to do sequel about cop in some disctrict of some little city?
Going from a single district to a whole city (the capital city of Revachol, no less) in Disco Elysium 2 would be a good stepping stone before starting make games about the whole universe. The real problem is the player character. Should it be a protagonist from Disco Elysium 1? An entirely new, fixed, character? Or a blank slate?

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Going from a single district to a whole city (the capital city of Revachol, no less) in Disco Elysium 2 would be a good stepping stone before starting make games about the whole universe. The real problem is the player character. Should it be a protagonist from Disco Elysium 1? An entirely new, fixed, character? Or a blank slate?

Well, if I were ZA/UM I would make an entirely different thing, in another location Of the same world, with another story and another hero (and combat!) connected to Revachol only through hints. Thankfully I'm not ZA/UM. Kasparov ?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fixed protagonist, but not necessarily Harry (whom you can tweak during chacter creation). It's easier to craft memorable and engaging story with a character who already is someone in the world.

Location? Maybe Revachol during the revolution. Or one of the other states. The lore is rich enough for many worthy settings.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd like to see the hinted coming revolution explored, probably as a civilian caught in the middle.

jackofshadows

Magister
I'd like a heavily pale-traveling involved, with much more exploration value game even if all intermediate places were portrayed far less detailed than it was done in OG. And not just to make PS:T likeness more glaring, mind you.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Well, I sure would like to see about the Revolution but also about some distant lands of the same world. Pale navigation (akin to Sunless Sea?) would be nice even as minigame. Jamrock DLC would be nice addition (though if this Cut is Final, I think that won't be the case).

KVVRR

Learned
I've grown very attached to Kim and Harry to let them go, but realistically what could they do with them, besides Harry's mind slipping yet again like it's implied has happened before in the end of the game? A lot of the appeal came out of not knowing who he was and slowly unveiling it all until the final dream.
Thinking on it for a bit I would actually like playing as a pregnant woman like it was suggested before. It would give you a LOT of material to work with if you wanted to give the player the option to be a complete and total fuckup again, which is very very fun.
As for the setting you could really just place it anywhere new, hell even with Harry or Kim you could realistically just make an excuse to visit a new place if you wanted to - just make sure the case is interesting if you go with a detective story again.

Testownia

I want the continuation of the story. Waiting for news on the next game.

Yes, because the game is basically a prologue, an origin story about how the Last Hero of Revachol was made.

Testownia

I've grown very attached to Kim and Harry to let them go, but realistically what could they do with them, besides Harry's mind slipping yet again like it's implied has happened before in the end of the game? A lot of the appeal came out of not knowing who he was and slowly unveiling it all until the final dream.
Thinking on it for a bit I would actually like playing as a pregnant woman like it was suggested before. It would give you a LOT of material to work with if you wanted to give the player the option to be a complete and total fuckup again, which is very very fun.
As for the setting you could really just place it anywhere new, hell even with Harry or Kim you could realistically just make an excuse to visit a new place if you wanted to - just make sure the case is interesting if you go with a detective story again.

To be fair, you can basically admit to Kim you were pretending this entire time to have amnesia.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom