Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #13: Chris Avellone is in!

Arkeus

Arcane
And clearly, that is the sole reason she's in the video, holding a controller +M
Sitting on his bed.

sstacks

Arcane
Over in the Chris Avellone and Shanna Germain on Shane Plays Radio Sat 19th talking Numenera thread I mentioned that Chris Avellone had offered to do a special podcast with me to focus on questions and comments from Codexers that I didn't have time to get to during the live radio show.

After hearing this cool news I reached out to Chris and he has agreed to also include discussion about D:OS 2 in the special podcast. More soon! (still scheduling)

Thanks,
Shane

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Wow I am suprised!
We need now an "All because of you Codex" emoticon , because this is epic, right?!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The coolest thing was when MCA said that "this is thanks to you Codex"! Suck on that garme jounalists!

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ok Larian you won. Time to up my pledge.

I decided not to crowdfund any more games, just buy them if they turn out good.

Then I saw this, and guess what...

Don't pledge on the KS, pledge toward the Codex Fundraiser instead... for the glory of Codexia.... and to shame the Watch!!!*

... and that Twitter guy as well :D

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Nice. Can't find anything bad about this. Chris Avellone is an experienced industry writer and I am sure he can gel well with any vision as long as he has a modicum of interest invested and people don't start chopping his input left and right.

I am seriously considering donating my AoD money to this kickstarter. Even though I have big issues with the platform. Ah the hype.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Come on, she said MCA worked on Baldur's Gate. That lowers her to the level of a diseased female baboon in my eyes.
He worked on Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear. :M

Actually, AFAIK, Interplay was working on BGII in an advisory capacity, which is why MCA et al. are thanked in the game's credits. He might no have done the "heavy lifting", like he says, but he did do something, and it's likely that it was the same kind of design and narrative critique and suggestions that he does for other games.

Suicidal

Arcane
Not overly excited for this TBH. Everything has its place and MCA's place is not with Larian. I didn't play Divinity OS for its plot and writing, I played for the combat and world interaction. I don't think MCA's input would help greatly improve OS 2. I'm more concerned about what they're going to do about the challenge of the game, because God knows a game like OS gets boring after enemies stop posing a challenge to the player and this happened about half way through the game.

But I am still at least curious about what they will do with MCA's help.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
x-posting this from the other thread

13869.png

:hahyou:

DeepOcean

Arcane
I have a hard time to believe that it's because of the codex specifically. Did you seriously campaign for him to be in the game, or just sent the suggestion casually?

Oh wait I see it now. It was part of their appeal to suggestion .
Crooked Bee decided to work part time as celebrity writer employment agent on twitter, after that, Swen did his PAX travel and Avellone was in there too, it was manly love at first sight.

Athelas

Arcane
Actually, AFAIK, Interplay was working on BGII in an advisory capacity, which is why MCA et al. are thanked in the game's credits. He might no have done the "heavy lifting", like he says, but he did do something, and it's likely that it was the same kind of design and narrative critique and suggestions that he does for other games.
Never heard of that. You must be confusing him with Feargus who I believe even did all the writing for Shattered Steel (Bioware's first game).

Kz3r0

Arcane
Never heard of that. You must be confusing him with Feargus who I believe even did all the writing for Shattered Steel (Bioware's first game).
The collaboration between Bioware and Interplay/Black Isle in developing Baldur's Gate I is well known.

Aenra

Someone pass me my hankies! The whole box o'them!

:desu:

Also, give him the romances extended relationships! No offense to the (very) cute juvenile currently doing the writing, but bitch, give me some misery please. I want my impossible, tragic and just not with you, ever, keep dreaming MCA of old dosages. Oh my fucking god..it's really happening, lol..this is so cool !!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom