Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Zep: there's more "annoyances" on KS than just that... Here's ONE example. I will not go into detail about how user-friendly "composing" an update is.

BG7U0eYCEAAinoW.png:large
Wouldn't clicking that logically prompt you with some "Are you sure you want to fuck up everything?" dialog?

I hope you have to confirm every action.
Well there's only one way to find out. :troll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Guy seems like something of an inconsistent moron, also he rambled way too long before the interview portion, did not read completely.

Oh wait, it's not even an interview. Just a boring opinion piece. lol philosophy majors

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And by the by, Larian should be pretty pleased that they've already raised more money than Dead State did in its entire run. Give it another week or so and they'll have more backers too. Go tradfant!

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And by the by, Larian should be pretty pleased that they've already raised more money than Dead State did in its entire run. Give it another week or so and they'll have more backers too. Go tradfant!
Larian is suffering from the classic KS malady of "need X dollars, ask for two thirds of that," so I don't think they are entirely pleased.

Diablo169

Arcane
I wish there was a way we could get Inxile and Obsidian to mention this project in their next updates. I appreciate it's a competing game but it deserves so much more publicity.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way, how much of friendly fire will non-hostile fellas take before turning hostile?
Can you turn two groups against each other by making them all go friendly fire on each other?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Fargo already twitted about it a week ago.

Fargo tweeting isn't really on the same scale as sending an email to 74 thousand people, hence my mentioning kickstarter updates.

Agreed, that would be great.

I read something about a fundraiser for D:OS, is that still going on? It doesn't seem to be on the frontpage.

The codex Fundraiser for Divinity is here: http://www.rpgcodex.net/campaigns.php?id=3

Breydel

Literate
Since the Torment KS is already over, is the fundraiser money going to be donated via PayPal?

I'm excited about both games, but I feel like D:OS needs it more. The Codex could actually make a difference there. I hope their fundraiser link eventually gets moved back to the front page.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice article, but the more interesting question is why donate to Divinity instead of pre-ordering W2/PE/ToN/etc.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
evdk

DOS DESERVES it. Since they have an almost finished product which (ideally) should convince you better than unfinished ideas.
Yeah. But my point is that all the other campaigns are finished, the stretch goals features finalized and it's highly unlikely that Fargo is going to go "You know, we've had an unprecedented amount of pre-orders, let's delay the release and implement strongholds anyway," whereas D:OS is still being funded and every little bit helps to achieve additional complexity for the game (and hopefully the blasted NPC schedules too).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nice article, but the more interesting question is why donate to Divinity instead of pre-ordering W2/PE/ToN/etc.
Because at this point DOS needs it more. You can pre order the other games later, when they are closer to release date.

Yes of course, I agree with you, but that's not a very convincing argument for a casual reader who hasn't gotten either of those games yet. In what way is Divinity: Original Sin different as a game than those titles? What does it have to recommend?

In other words, they need to mention its interactive environment, Ultima VII inspiration, etc.

Breydel

Literate
I don't understand why Infinitron is framing the D:OS Kickstarter in terms of 'donating'. They actually have a working product already (as unfinished at is), as opposed to the other KS. Also, the $65 tier is a ridiculously good deal even for a pre-order, you get DC + two copies of D:OS. All in all, seems like a very low-risk investment for a KS and I'm surprised not more people are jumping on it.

Edit: Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were suggesting that people were foolish to back D:OS instead of the other major game Kickstarters.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
KS needs to come up with a better solution than what they have currently. Once you're 20 updates in and tiers changing and so on, it's hard to piece together what you are actually going to get for your pledge.

It could be as simple as you can only add more text to a tier as long as the added text does not specify something above is being removed, you can only add rewards, not take away.

Zep--
If you could change the tiers after people chose them it would lead to very messy situations where unwanted changes happened.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
KS needs to come up with a better solution than what they have currently. Once you're 20 updates in and tiers changing and so on, it's hard to piece together what you are actually going to get for your pledge.

It could be as simple as you can only add more text to a tier as long as the added text does not specify something above is being removed, you can only add rewards, not take away.

Zep--
If you could change the tiers after people chose them it would lead to very messy situations where unwanted changes happened.

They are changing them anyway, in comments, in updates.

I said they should only be able to add things, not take away from whatever was the original tier text was (which should be un-editable).
So adding bonus rewards under the original tier text should be allowed.
Adding some text that states it removes something from the Original tier text, not allowed.
You'd always have the original tier text to fall back on should things get shady.

Zep--

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Also, the $65 tier is a ridiculously good deal even for a pre-order, you get DC + two copies of D:OS.

Are you sure? I think it only bundles DC + ONE copy of D:OS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom