Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do Hardcore Gamers (like the ones here) Still Matter?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Okay, guys, just kidding, that's one of my alts. That was fun though.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Daigoji_Gai said:
My fingers are still available for smashing and actually there is a wager going on at Myspace.com whether or not you will actually show up when I go to California.

Link us up.

HotSnack

Cipher
Psst, if you're worried about getting beaten by an old guy, just remember; bag of mints thrown down the street + a swipe to his good hip while distracted = teh win.

obediah

Erudite
Daigoji_Gai said:
Fools are always trying to skate uphill... as for backpeddling - again your logic is flawed.

The logic is perfect, it holds today just as it did 15 years ago on IRC.

I will be in California for E3. He said he wanted to fly out of LAX, I am going to LAX, so the issue of travel and plane tickets are trivial with the exception of the fact that Bryce was looking for a free trip.

The fact you mention was his entire plan, not an exception. I'm sure he has some primal fantasy of beating you senseless, but he was just taking you up on your offer for a free trip. He was going to trixor you, and pretend not to recognize you when he got off the plane.

Instead he would get a free meal, which may be offered at a discount given his age...

Let me get this straight. Bryce would like a free trip to NYC to do whatever he wants, but he doesn't want to have lunch with you? And you can't figure out why? It sounds like reading UGO fan mail has destroyed what little brain you may have had.

which I am still all for, and I am still all for him smashing my hands, or attempting to do just that.

Wow, I'm starting to think my time spent explaining this to you could be much better spent selling you an ocean front condo in Kansas.

I have a PPEL

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
obediah said:
The logic is perfect, it holds today just as it did 15 years ago on IRC.

I would argue that IRC logic is obsolete and that new rules are required. Perhaps USENET is more applicable, in which case my logic is sound.

The fact you mention was his entire plan, not an exception. I'm sure he has some primal fantasy of beating you senseless, but he was just taking you up on your offer for a free trip. He was going to trixor you, and pretend not to recognize you when he got off the plane.

I understand that, which also lends itself to me not backpeddling. Ergo - Why give him a free ticket and the opportunity to attempt said finger smashing. That is just absurd.

Let me get this straight. Bryce would like a free trip to NYC to do whatever he wants, but he doesn't want to have lunch with you? And you can't figure out why? It sounds like reading UGO fan mail has destroyed what little brain you may have had.

Hrm, you are taking points out of context, and actually reading some of his comments to Role Player is what killed the few limited brain cells not lost in academic study. The lunch was a caveat for not needing the trip, an incentive is what it is called padawan. Honestly, when he isn't spewing foul tempered and unnecessary insults, I value his opinion. See kid, people can talk isht on a forum and not take it seriously. Also a person can talk isht and have isht talked back and still play nicely. Once your testicles drop, you'll learn.

Wow, I'm starting to think my time spent explaining this to you could be much better spent selling you an ocean front condo in Kansas.

Kansas isn't my thing. Not a fan of the midwest. Now if you had desert land in Conn, that might be interesting.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Yeah, unless you've been with a woman, you probably wouldn't understand. Don't eat that apple and stay young, you can't handle a PPEL.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
bryce777 said:
"It sounds like reading UGO fan mail has destroyed what little brain you may have had." - oh come on. He can't possibly get fan mail.

That is low, with the exception of the hostility I encountered after my first (attempting to join the fray here) post whilst holding an olive branch, I actually have get a lot of positive feedback.

Then again, I like games that other reviewers hate, and I hate games other reviewers love. So the hate mail comes in from plenty of fanbois when I don't follow the gamerankings.com curve.

You shouldn't judge without knowing, which was why I was willing to replace the trip with a meal. Figured once you weren't shielded by a computer screen and you could actually talk face to face, you wouldn't want to smash fingers. Alas, my overly optimistic outlook has been torn asunder.

Nael

Arcane
5 pages of an online, elementary school playground-fight. I feel dirty for even reading the first page.

Seven

Erudite
Nael said:
5 pages of an online, elementary school playground-fight. I feel dirty for even reading the first page.

I was going to find a retarded thread in which you've posted in and then throw it in your face, but it turns out that you've been a moderately intelligent and choosy poster since you've joined--Good for you, keep it up, and one day you'll grow disenfranchaised and spammy like me.

Nael

Arcane
Seven said:
Nael said:

I was going to find a retarded thread in which you've posted in and then throw it in your face

I think there was one about "Black Jesus, the patron saint of Redguards" that I was involved in... You could start there :lol:

HotSnack

Cipher
Actually, that only sounds half as retarded as giving reguards ADRENALINE RUSH (yes, the situation calls for caps).

Nael

Arcane
HotSnack said:
Actually, that only sounds half as retarded as giving reguards ADRENALINE RUSH (yes, the situation calls for caps).

At least they didn't give them a skill called "Cook Moonsugar" :roll:

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
That was one of the more offensive things about the TES setting. The head of the thieves guild should be a Breton. They stole whole continents from people.

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
HotSnack said:
Psst, if you're worried about getting beaten by an old guy, just remember; bag of mints thrown down the street + a swipe to his good hip while distracted = teh win.

That is evil, but isn't that considered cheating and foul play? Stuff like that leads to lawsuits.

Also, remember, old guys are not to be funked with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwJlHLpMOng (Old man kicks another old man's ass)

Daigoji_Gai

Scholar
Thrawn05 said:
HotSnack said:

That, and the head of the THIEVES guild is a Redguard.

Noticed how quick they changed that in OB. :lol:

Yeah but there comes a point when being too politically correct is ridiculous.

Thrawn05

Scholar
Daigoji_Gai said:
Thrawn05 said:
HotSnack said:

That, and the head of the THIEVES guild is a Redguard.

Noticed how quick they changed that in OB. :lol:

Yeah but there comes a point when being too politically correct is ridiculous.

A-FREAKIN'-MEN!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom