Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Do you approve of Obsidian's current projects?

What do you think about the upcoming Aliens game and Alpha Protocol?

• I don't like them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like both of them

• I only look forward to the Aliens RPG

• Total voters

fastpunk

Arbiter
Mareus said:
Kotor2 -> shitty ending that completely ruined all that was done great, and a silly, silly story. Wound in the force my ass.

Jasede said:
Fuck you.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Dark Individual said:
Judging by KotOR 2 and MotB it is clear that Obsidian is the best developer.

The polacks are better, the witcher guys, forgot the name of the studio. But that just shows what a sorry state the rpg genre is in.

Mareus

Magister
fizzelopeguss said:
Dark Individual said:

The polacks are better, the witcher guys, forgot the name of the studio. But that just shows what a sorry state the rpg genre is in.

CD Project made the Witcher. And I think I read somewhere that there were some ex Bioware guys working on the Witcher too. Anyway CD project made only 1 cool game so far and how does that make it the best RPG developer?

I have to hand it though, that CD Project shows the most promise and hopefully they will be the ones that will push RPG genre forward. I certainly don't expect much from Obsidian that really isn't much better than Bioware. In my oppinion it is even worse because Bioware's games are at least polished and less buggy.

wjw

Augur
In addition to Mareus, Bioware games don't look outdated.

Mareus

Magister
wjw said:
In addition to Mareus, Bioware games don't look outdated.

I say, screw the graphic. It is thanks to graphic competition (RPG's that try to look and feel like the shooters) that we have lack of depth in games. Graphic should never be mentioned as something that makes the game better. It should just be a nice touch in the end.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Mareus said:
fizzelopeguss said:
Dark Individual said:

CD Project made the Witcher. And I think I read somewhere that there were some ex Bioware guys working on the Witcher too. Anyway CD project made only 1 cool game so far and how does that make it the best RPG developer?

I have to hand it though, that CD Project shows the most promise and hopefully they will be the ones that will push RPG genre forward. I certainly don't expect much from Obsidian that really isn't much better than Bioware. In my oppinion it is even worse because Bioware's games are at least polished and less buggy.

Best devs currently in business, but as i said that just shows what a sorry state we're in.
Obsidian has made 2 okay games and an expansion using the same mediocre game mechanics nwn2 is built upon. Bioware are decent, but anyone who gets such disgusting amount of hype makes me sick.

Pirahna bytes made me cry with gothic 3, wheras the witcher was excellent, far surpassed my expectations. one of the best games released in ages. But it's still a flawed gem at the end of the day.

gamefan

Scholar
Mareus said:
Dark Individual said:

Just one question? From what did you come to that conclusion?

Kotor2 -> shitty ending that completely ruined all that was done great, and a silly, silly story. Wound in the force my ass.
NWN2 -> A good game that also falls apart in the end, but also a game that really didn't offer anything new, except the castle managment.
MoTB -> an expansion that reallly surprised the hell out of me with it's story, but also an expansion which suffers from the same engine problems as NWN2 suffers from. Characters that were completely dull comparing to the lively characters from NWN2 and combat which almost breaks itself on higher levels because from all the effects you cannot see anything.

As for the two upcomming games, I look forward to them both because Obsidian IS ONE OF THE BEST RPG developers and games probably won't be bad. I certainly hope they will be better than what they did so far. Also setting doesn't mean shit if the writting is good.

You can have alice in wonderland setting and still make something great out of it with good ideas. Look what Motb did after NWN2... Same character, same setting, same engine, two completely different games.
Fuck you bitch.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Mareus said:
MoTB -> an expansion that reallly surprised the hell out of me with it's story, but also an expansion which suffers from the same engine problems as NWN2 suffers from. Characters that were completely dull comparing to the lively characters from NWN2 and combat which almost breaks itself on higher levels because from all the effects you cannot see anything.

Wait, what? You thought the characters in NWN2 are "lively" and the ones from MotB are "dull"?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Black_Willow said:
There should be "kingcomrade" option in the pole
The poll *is* kingcomrade.

Anyway, both games look promising, because there is almost no worthy info on them. And even if not promising as a possibly good game, then certainly a good ground for moar codex falmewars.

Suicidal

Arcane
Lesifoere said:
Mareus said:

Wait, what? You thought the characters in NWN2 are "lively" and the ones from MotB are "dull"?

I think by "dull" he means that they act like intelligent beings instead of retards who never say anything worthwhile and keep insulting each other like a bunch of children.

Since Mareus is a big fan of FFVII he probably likes the retarded kind of NPCs more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom