Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions 4 PBEM Manager *new stuff*

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Ok I had some free time to waste so heres the new version:

v0.4
-Better error handling
-Multithreading
-Progress bar
-Google oauth2 support

Windows:
https://github.com/etheralm/dom4pbem/releases/download/v0.4/dom4pbem.exe

Jar for OSX/Linux:
https://github.com/etheralm/dom4pbem/releases/download/v0.4/dom4pbem.jar

The most important thing that changed is that the sending and receiving of mails is handled in seperate threads so the ui shouldn't lock up until its finished, also pretty progress bards.

I also fixed some of the ui wonkiness and some small bugs.

Also got this shit working with Google oauth now so you shouldn't even need to enter a password when you use gmail, also no need to enable less secure apps.

Grimwulf give this version a try bro. When you start it go to preferences and check use google oauth2:
yisPWk1.png

After that press ok and it should redirect you to a google webpage where you can give the app permissions to access shemail.
This should might work, let me know if it still doesn't.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Thats me being retarded, I missed this one. I'll post a fix for it in the next version. Do you get this error a lot?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Thats me being retarded, I missed this one. I'll post a fix for it in the next version. Do you get this error a lot?

Only once so far. There was no crash or anything - just a popped up message box, and that's it. No prob at all. Tanks, dat program is very handy.

:bro:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Yeah it would happen if you add or delete a game from the list while its refreshing the games. I fixed it but I'm too lazy right now to push another version just for this. The fix will be in the next version anyway. Thanks for reporting!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I feel like somebody cursed me or smth. Now the turns are refusing to be sent. I just get this sexy progress bar going back and forth infinitely.

fphrzwafpj.png

Tried waiting. Tried restarting. Dunno what else to try. Pls advice?

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
hmm I think i managed to reproduce this once.

How I fixed it for me is that I recreated the whole savegame folder from scratch since I thought that it was an issue with all the jerking around.

Can you try to do this? Just rename your dominions4/savegames folder to something else. Then create a new empty savegame folder. Download the latest turn, move your to 2h file to the folder that was just created for this game and try to send it. Also can you zip the folder of one game that the send gets stuck on and email it to me so that I can test it here? I'll pm you my email address.

I guess on sundays I'm especially stupid. Give me a sec.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Can you try to do this? Just rename your dominions4/savegames folder to something else. Then create a new empty savegame folder. Download the latest turn, move your to 2h file to the folder that was just created for this game and try to send it.

Either I fucked smth up, or it doesn't work. Will try again once I get a grip.

Also can you zip the folder of one game that the send gets stuck on and email it to me so that I can test it here? I'll pm you my email address.

Done.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Either I fucked smth up, or it doesn't work. Will try again once I get a grip.

Done.

Ok the issue here was that I forgot to add the error handling to the turn sending part of the program and it was silently failing.

Here's a new version which if nothing else will at least show you the error that you are getting when you try to send:

Windows:
https://github.com/etheralm/dom4pbem/releases/download/v0.5/dom4pbem.exe

Jar for OSX/Linux:
https://github.com/etheralm/dom4pbem/releases/download/v0.5/dom4pbem.jar

Give this one a shot and let me know what error you are getting. I was able to send a turn with the folder that you sent me btw.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Dis one:
I can see that it's invalid, but I can't change it.

fzwnipykic.png
Ok thats the issue there. Uncheck "same as IMAP" to be able to change the username, or just check it again and it should properly copy the imap username. I'll fix this in the meantime.
Let me know if you can send turns after you do this.

Wat? Why did the server accept the turn from another email?
I meant that I was able to send the email with the turn to the server, not that it accepted it.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Ok thats the issue there. Uncheck "same as IMAP" to be able to change the username

Derp.

Let me know if you can send turns after you do this.

Yeah, everything works now. I just needed a quest compass, I suppose.

I meant that I was able to send the email with the turn to the server, not that it accepted it.

It actually accepted it. But I've sent the revised turn from my own email, and it accepted it too. Very wow.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Yeah, everything works now. I just needed a quest compass, I suppose.
Nah man, those were bugs in the program, thanks for reporting.

It actually accepted it. But I've sent the revised turn from my own email, and it accepted it too. Very wow.
much wow indeed. I thought that the server checks the incoming address.

So here is a version with all those small fixes included. Let me know if you run into any other issues:

v0.5.1
-Fix bugs in Preferences screen

Windows:
https://github.com/etheralm/dom4pbem/releases/download/v0.5.1/dom4pbem.exe

Jar for OSX/Linux:
https://github.com/etheralm/dom4pbem/releases/download/v0.5.1/dom4pbem.jar

Last edited:

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Thanks again! It seems to be working here on linux with gmail btw... I can definitely report turn receiving/archiving/loading works, and the turn I just sent reported back with no errors from llamaserver, so that appears ok too.

This turn archiving thing is really awesome, great idea.

Finally got to try this. And it works really well, good job.

I'm running it with xubuntu 14, oracle java and freshly made gmail account. The word Java filled me with feeling of dread, but that didn't cause any problems once I figured what to do.

If you ever feel like developing it further, one more thing it could use is archiving of .2h files as well, not just .trn files. So you can see what kind of commands you gave, if you sent any messages or bribes to other players and so on.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
How is this being made only now? You'd think with the kind of people who play this game... Also autohotkey.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
If you ever feel like developing it further, one more thing it could use is archiving of .2h files as well, not just .trn files. So you can see what kind of commands you gave, if you sent any messages or bribes to other players and so on.

This sounds like a good idea, shouldn't be too hard to add, I'll look into it later today.

hello friend

Arcane
Muty Your program has worked brilliantly up until a few days ago when it started throwing unhandled exceptions. The details in question:

Code:
javax.mail.MessagingException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed;
  nested exception is:
   java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
   at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:733)
   at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:364)
   at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:245)
   at dom4pbem.util.MailManager.connect(MailManager.java:67)
   at dom4pbem.view.MainController$1.call(MainController.java:111)
   at dom4pbem.view.MainController$1.call(MainController.java:106)
   at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed
   at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
   at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
   at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(Unknown Source)
   at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.read(Unknown Source)
   at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
   at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown Source)
   at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
   at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(Unknown Source)
   at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.configureSSLSocket(SocketFetcher.java:597)
   at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.createSocket(SocketFetcher.java:371)
   at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.getSocket(SocketFetcher.java:238)
   at com.sun.mail.iap.Protocol.<init>(Protocol.java:119)
   at com.sun.mail.imap.protocol.IMAPProtocol.<init>(IMAPProtocol.java:125)
   at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.newIMAPProtocol(IMAPStore.java:754)
   at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:696)
   ... 8 more

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Sorry I was quite busy these days, haven't seen your post until now. I'll check it tomorrow.

I got a possible bug too. Just a minor visual one though. I can still use this just fine.

Turn number is not updating anymore for some reason.

BbTiYSj.jpg

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Can you pm me a sample email from decline 11 or even better forward it to fkmuty at gmail.com

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom