Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Popot

Educated
Bizarre bug I accidentally discovered this turn: commanders set to auto search magic sites can escape from forts under siege without fighting the enemy army.

Popot

Educated
Nope, none of them were stealthy, it was a couple of Ensi (with troops attached) and random mages. They just attacked random provinces around the fort.
ksnip-20240423-093117.png

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ho Mo too strong, truly the chosen one

And once again the bloody tiger and goddess is busy hitting Longdeads the whole bloody battle. This is so bloody annoyinh, that being said I would assume she will actually die if she is withing striking range of Ho Mo

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

And once again the bloody tiger and goddess is busy hitting Longdeads the whole bloody battle. This is so bloody annoyinh, that being said I would assume she will actually die if she is withing striking range of Ho Mo
Give her fire shield and flying and have her attack mounted or fliers or whatever thats not skeletons (rear?). Could work.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

Give her fire shield and flying and have her attack mounted or fliers or whatever thats not skeletons (rear?). Could work.

Yeah flying could work, that being said as she was walking and this was a castle battle, she just sit there in the gate smashing Longdeads. That being said there are solution to that (Ethereal) but I specifically wanted her to be in front because of the River Demons with TC +6 Def bless. She ended up doing a bit of work against those and I was expecting her to do mano o mano with Ho Mo and she was literally 1 cell/block away from Ho Mo

Something to learn I guess

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Yeah flying could work, that being said as she was walking and this was a castle battle, she just sit there in the gate smashing Longdeads. That being said there are solution to that (Ethereal) but I specifically wanted her to be in front because of the River Demons with TC +6 Def bless. She ended up doing a bit of work against those and I was expecting her to do mano o mano with Ho Mo and she was literally 1 cell/block away from Ho Mo

Well if she is supposed to hold the gate then sure but fire shield can never be bad and the item giving it is solid too.

Also bane fire shield obviously, if that was possible to give... Man, bane fire shield is awesome.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Another thing I didn't expect to have issue with is Priest, playing SP Kaliasa theoretically shouldn't be an issue but now that I depends on summoned sacreds and the fact that the Priest are expensive and I have to depends on Divine Blessings when playing on enemies area is just plain annoying and now that war breaks on all front I am finding myslef not having enough Priest

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

Well if she is supposed to hold the gate then sure but fire shield can never be bad and the item giving it is solid too.

Also bane fire shield obviously, if that was possible to give... Man, bane fire shield is awesome.

Yeah there are a lot of stuff I am not considering this game. I stopped going for Enchancement the moment I think the plan there wouldn't work, but I didn't expect that having a F Pretender would benefit greatly from some of the spells there

There are also the fact that dunno 20 turns ago I should've realized that Kaliasa bunch of high-path Earth mage with Alteration should be able to answer TC Swordman spam at that stage through Earth Meld (And Destruction for TC Heavy Infantries). I ended up hyperfocused on trying to tank them + using archers to pelt them which doesn't work the moment River Demon is in and so on and so forth. I was briefly considering EQ with Evo, but it won't solve the Heavy Infantry problem + Demon probably doesn't care about them and I top can only probably cast it twice and it will kill my whole army too

A lot of shits are Hindsight is 20/20 but I guess this what makes the game fun

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I was really expecting your pretender to die to Soul Slay, but somehow the mages decided that targeting bandars is better.
Yea I basically gave up on mages doing what I expected them to do ages ago. AOE is the way to go (it stil misses often).

And then some rando fuck S mage offscript will soul slay your pretender sometimes...

Johannes

Arcane
I was really expecting your pretender to die to Soul Slay, but somehow the mages decided that targeting bandars is better.
Yea I basically gave up on mages doing what I expected them to do ages ago. AOE is the way to go (it stil misses often).

And then some rando fuck S mage offscript will soul slay your pretender sometimes...
Afaik soul slay considers higher hp and lower mr, good target. So when the pretender (and the mount) fit that definition, off my butt feel I thought it'd be prioritised over basic troops. And I think I would've been right had it been humans as chaff, but bandars are also much higher hp and lower mr than that.

And I'll never stop taking misfortune.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Back then (I don't even remember if it was in Dom3/Dom4/Dom5) high luck/Turmoil builds were a theoretical thing for hellbless or hellbless-lite thanks to the generous events sometimes funding you more money than an entire turn of income of a medium-sized empire. Don't know if it's still the thing.

In this game particularly, I'm running scales (laugh at me now) but I get the feel "aggressive" indie events are far more common. I had roughly half a dozen bandits/heretic cult events (and this with max order) and at least another half a dozen indie invasions, without counting the Throne effects.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Back then (I don't even remember if it was in Dom3/Dom4/Dom5) high luck/Turmoil builds were a theoretical thing for hellbless or hellbless-lite thanks to the generous events sometimes funding you more money than an entire turn of income of a medium-sized empire. Don't know if it's still the thing

My Turmoil 2 Luck 1 has some bullshit problem indies attacking province but I got several 500 - 1000k gold airdrop alongside probably 20 - 30 gems total at this point in the game

Well the bless point is wasted on my stupid bless (Invul + Barkskin) but they kinda works.

If not for those airdrop I probably would be in way worse condition considering how constarined my provinces are

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom