Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Doom 3 vs Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Andhaira

Arcane
Which of these puppies is better? Doom 3 probably has better grafix but whata bout gameplay and fun faktor?

(I enjoyed wolf 3d better than doom)

the latter is much more interesting; doom 3 was just zombies and demons and stuff, while in wolfenstein you had undead fat chicks, hawt ss girlies, super soldiers, and probably some other stuff ive forgotten. the hell knights in doom 3 were pretty sweet though.

thats right bitches, a semi-serious response to an andhaira thread, oh noes! :decline:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I loathed RTCW singleplayer game while I like Doom 3's, for what it's worth. RTCW has the best multiplayer mode of the two.

Tails

Arbiter
Both enjoyable. If you try Doom 3 play Expansion RoA, it's better then base game.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Look into Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
Its a free multilayer game with years of dedicated and talented moders.

Just don't make the same mistake I did and by the crap follow up game Quake Wars .... goddamn I'm an idiot for buying that ad ridden arcade crap.

racofer

Thread Incliner
IDTech 3 engine games are much better in my opinion. Nearly all titles made on this engine (CoD+UO, MoHAA+Exps, RTCW, JK Series), feel better while playing. The guns actually have a "punch" when you fire them, and the games were overall better developed thanks to lesser graphical whoreism, so more time was dedicated on the right things.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I haven't played any of these modern single player FPS'es you're talking about.

But Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is ridiculously fun and addictive. Do yourself a favor and check it out, it's free. There are several maps, with different objectives for each side, some of them taken from movies ("Gold Rush", allies steal gold with a tank, etc).

And then play some quake3 through your browser: www.quakelive.com :cool:

Deleted member 7219

Both fun games to play, but I think Wolfenstein had a much more varied campaign, so that gets my vote.

Wild Slop

Arcane
It was, still 'good' enough to kill some time with.
Just so happens I've got some time to kill and am looking for a shooter, hopefully much better then doom 3 caliber.

How is Deadspace? or FEAR?

I really dont have any expectations.
Starting off from the agreement that Doom 3 is shit how to those games compare?

Major_Boobage

Scholar
Doom 3 is quite good as a single player shooter but it relies heavely on the everything is dark strategy.

I found fear to be better, because the horror theme is very well done.

I foun Deadspace a piece of shit because it is a console port and has horrible controls.

Turok

Erudite
Wild Slop said:
Just so happens I've got some time to kill and am looking for a shooter, hopefully much better then doom 3 caliber.

How is Deadspace? or FEAR?

I really dont have any expectations.
Starting off from the agreement that Doom 3 is shit how to those games compare?

FEAR is good, right now i am playing part 1 because i just finish to play the part 2 (not much into FPS)

What make me play FEAR 1 was the gameplay of FEAR 2, weird i found more chalenge playing FEAR 1 than the 2.

FEAR 2 is a good fps, bad thing is too short.

Data4

Arcane
Wild Slop said:

... or FEAR?

FEAR is decent enough, though the middle part of the game gets repetitive in terms of setting.

The good thing is flashlights and guns work independently. Yeah, it's an old bitch about Doom 3, but a valid one.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
FEAR beats the crap out of FEAR 2 that is a dumb-down shit.

Wild Slop

Arcane
Fear it is

For as much as I'll knock Quake Wars I can find myself playing quite a bit (though not lately). If there are any other players I can recommend some servers.
I use the same ridiculous name too.
Again if you haven't already bought it, dont.

Fuckers that made it dont support it in the way i hoped. I thought oooh Enemy Territory was great, these guys just may release new maps and shit every month or so... cool!
I get billboards that tell me to watch FOX this Tuesday or use AXE Body Spray. Then a message saying they put all they are going to into the game and the ads pay for stat keeping- the worst fucking part of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom