Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Downtime

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yes, we were down. No, DU didn't text me about it as he should have so I could have fixed this way earlier. Yes, I know roughly what the culprit was and am investigating now. Moving on...

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
We need to use emotional blackmail, guys.

Taluntain and DarkUnderlord, if this place ever shuts down, I swear to God I'm going to kill myself.

They don't know I don't believe in god.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Was it hacked? Are our credit card details still safe??
No and your card details are not even saved on the server AFAIK.
This is true. We only keep shoe size and waist diameter.

Also, the temptation to have an FBI take-down notice as the first thing that appeared when the site was back online was very tempting.

Also I think the last time I texted you was prior to my google account being setup, so your number is probably lost on an old phone.

Ryzer

Arcane
Was it hacked? Are our credit card details still safe??
No and your card details are not even saved on the server AFAIK.
This is true. We only keep shoe size and waist diameter.

Also, the temptation to have an FBI take-down notice as the first thing that appeared when the site was back online was very tempting.

Also I think the last time I texted you was prior to my google account being setup, so your number is probably lost on an old phone.
Despite the irony behind this post, automatically assume it is part true since admin lives in Australia. So he probably already shared our data with CCP and FBI.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The downside of Tal running the Watch now is that we can't even use that as a place of refuge when the Codex is down. :negative:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
ElcdmIo.gif

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Serious question, whatever happens to this site if one of DU/Taluntain dies suddenly?
If I die, the codex keeps ticking along and Taluntain finds another code guy (assuming Twiglard is also dead / unavailable).

If Taluntain dies, I take the last available backup, register a new URL, and rent a server.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Serious question, whatever happens to this site if one of DU/Taluntain dies suddenly?
If DU dies, nothing much. If I die, probably nothing for a while. Let's just hope I don't croak overnight and can pull off a smooth transfer to DU or whoever's alive at that point!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom