Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dragon Age 2 isn't a Hack n Slash Game

MetalCraze

Arcane
This isn't going to be a hack-and-slash game.
It's pretty ironically how they write this after all those "omg you just push a button and see shit blow up, everything recharges even more quickly so you can kill more moooore wow wow"

Then again if you remember the previous one wasn't going to be a dating sim.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jason said:
This isn't going to be a hack-and-slash game.

That's too bad, because it would raise the odds of me buying it significantly. DAO combat was hideous. It wasn't tactical and it wasn't fast paced enough to give much of an adrenaline rush. It was just mediocre.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Radial menu? Really? That shit sucked back in NWN."

Bullshitz. radial menu is fuckin' awesome so fuck off with your bullshitz. :x

aries202

Erudite
Apparently, you didn't notice that Gamespot were playing the Xbox 360 version of the game; the radial menu for the UI was also in Dragon Age: Origins.

As to the more action-orientated combat; itf this means that you no longer need to left-click on mosters to select them, then right-click to attack, but you just right-click on them, and then the characters move and start attacking, I'm satisfied.
it was very annoying, I found, to first have to select the monster, then to right-click on it. Or first move the characters beside the monster, and then do the whole left-clcik/right-click thing.

Also, the combat on the consoles will be geared toward action than the pc version will.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom