Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age 2 Redefines Visceral Combat

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I remember reading one article on RPS (I think it was about some top RPG-s list) and Alec Meer defended Oblivion how its a great game and before that he wrote article criticizing Bloodlines.

I read RPS only because they often mention new indie games, and never for their opinion of games since they are morons like 90% of other gaming journalists.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Oh man that Baldurs Gate kid is such an obvious troll! He keeps on turning us against each other with the lamest tactics and we all fall for it ;)

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Roguey said:
The highlight from that first annoying wall-of-text article:
Jim: Warrior, I hope the balance does change. At the moment I’m only winning fights by dint of heals.
John: I played most the game on Easy. Don’t feel ashamed to lower it – they fucked up, not you. It doesn’t change. The difficulty is not set right.
Jim: Well I feel like it’s an okay challenge, I mean i don’t want to win every fight, but the balance seems odd. It’s like there should be some other aspect to it that I’m missing
Kieron: I admit, you chaps have lost me a little here. I mean, if you’re winning with the resources you have… you’re winning. It’s not as if you’re failing. Healing management has always been part of RPGs, hasn’t it?
John: Yeah – going back up to Normal is worthwhile when you realise you’re breezing through stuff.
Alec: I suspect I’m going to load my mage with heal spells, then.
Jim: I’ve played with the tactics stuff a fair bit, which does help.
Kieron: Does it really? I wish they’d intro’d it better. I ended up spending a character point on tactics thinking it’d actually give me something useful instead of actually of something that’s a waste of time If I’m micromanaging the orders. And having the Neverwinter Nights issue of the NPC character running off to fight enemies which I can’t even see yet and aren’t active is silly as hell to have on standard. Though I think I’m managed to make the tactics not do that any more.
John: How are you approaching fights? Are you pausing every few seconds?
Jim: Yes! You absolutely have to in order to manage heals and powers.

:retarded:

:rpgcodex:

:x

:x

ITZ can't come soon enough.

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
Well, they were developing Dragon Age before EA took the reigns. So they could make a foundation without the influence of EA, but this time it's all about EA and it looks like they went a whole other direction. I for one, wouldn't be suprised if there came a Neverwinter Nights FPS full of button smashing.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
RaXz said:
I for one, wouldn't be suprised if there came a Neverwinter Nights FPS full of button smashing.

EA has no right's to the D&D license at present.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom