Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age CE UK (or, how to ripoff customers)

Binary

Liturgist
Back from a long hiatus to warn others here, hopefully it's not too late:

I got the UK version of the Dragon Age Collector's Edition (bought from game.co.uk and I'm afraid the contents do not match at all the official contents

The box is a normal plastic dvd in a cardboard sleeve, and it includes no cloth map. There's also no free "3 pieces of exclusive in-game content - Bergens Honour, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes and Final Reason." as stated by the website. The only thing that seems to distinguish this from the normal version are the words "Collector's Edition" painted in red on the box, and the bonus DVD.

Hardly enough to justify the extra 15 quid.

I had bought all Bioware RPGs until today, but this was the last one. I feel totally ripped off.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Have you quizzed Game about it? TBH it just sounds like they've either sent you the wrong product, or mislabeled the product on their website. Either way, I'd get in touch, and if they're not forthcoming with your money, contact EA's customer service.

relootz

Scholar
Bluebottle said:
Have you quizzed Game about it? TBH it just sounds like they've either sent you the wrong product, or mislabeled the product on their website. Either way, I'd get in touch, and if they're not forthcoming with your money, contact EA's customer service.

No they didnt, i have read about this problem with Dutch people trying to buy it at English sites like play.com.

The UK CE is a ripped off version.

Binary

Liturgist
Wyrmlord said:
Holy shit, it's Binary.

Never!

Bluebottle said:

It's not the wrong product. The CE for UK, Ireland and Australia (so basically I'm guessing "non american english versions") is sold with these contents, as I have just been finding today from other customers in the official forums.

Bluebottle

Erudite
Patron
Dead State Wasteland 2
Bunch of fuckers. Well maybe you can get them on the fact that they advertised features that the product did not contain? I'm probably just being massively nieve, though. Still, I'd send them an email detailing the differences between the advertised product, and the product you received, and at least let them know how annoyed you are - rationally.

Binary

Liturgist
Yes, I plan on returning the game now, unsure if they will accept it though as the wrap is opened.

Still, of course, the point remains: it's a disgrace doing this to customers.

Binary

Liturgist
JarlFrank said:
And it's the same price as the US collector's edition?
If yes, holy shit ripoff.

Converting pound to dollar, the UK one is actually more expensive.

Higher Game

Arcane
TheWesDude said:
what is their justification for removing those things in the UK version?

Probably health and safety. An idiot might try and eat the cloth map. Makes sense, considering the target audience.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
EA seems pretty intent on ripping off the UK. They go at it with the same zeal that a concerned mother would go about banning Rammstein from MP3-players. It's quite impressive when you think about it. And incredibly stupid, of course.

Every single nation on God's fair planet, which has been subjected to DA:O, has gotten twice the content in the CE, compared to the UK. Makes you wonder.

Of course, why you would purchase a CE in the first place is the subject of much pondering on my part.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom