Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Have to agree with the above. A lot of times it feels Sapkowski didn't have an idea where the story should go and is just writing stuff until he runs out of ideas. The short stories are great but some of the entries after that are plain weak. The ending is also pretty meh.

9ted6

Educated
Yeah, and it did it with shitty writing, bad voice acting, janky assed and mindlessly repetitive combat, and a bunch of fetish shit thrown in everywhere. DA:O was better than any Witcher game, though the sequels were worse.
Nigger you are braindead every witcher games shits on your bioware slop wrting wise.
Witcher 3 is feminist pandering as much as Inquisition is gay pandering.

Which was always the case, because Sapkowski himself is a staunch feminist. He was always prochoice and pro women rights. Every book written by him (not only The Witcher series) is like that - games trimmed it a little (especially the first one), but they remained in the same line.

Still, their writing and wordlbuilding are ten times higher than anything Bioware could ever produce.
Yeah most fantasy writers are leftards, it's the same with A Song of Ice and Fire and feminism.
And that's why I think DAO stands above the competition, because though it was written by leftards their politics weren't a part of the setting in any way that I can remember. They were leftists writing a fantasy world, not leftists writing an agenda message with some elves and dwarves loosely attached.

skaraher

Cipher
Nigga, DAO was full of women guards and basic antiracist preaching. Muh oppressed elves, muh slavery bad. It never "stood against the competition", it always was a pile up of cliche for the mediocre public of reddititian semi-intellectuals.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Polacks: " Witcher is so based; everything mature and virile come from the Witcher, Geralt is full of testosterones, you westerners take everything from us and only inject estrogens"
images

Reality:
a7r48s8edm741.jpg
WTF do you expect him to say? Voice acting is how he makes a living. If he said something against or neutral, nobody would hire him. He has to play along untill these degenerates lose their power.

DA2 had better concept for an RPG story imo and game structure. Game got rushed in a year with shit gameplay. Waste of a good setting and a good plot idea.
I love the ideas that DA2 had, how they did is sadly poorly done.. But still being not the Hero to defeat the Big Bad Dragon, it's still refreshing to play as a Poor refugee (not for long but still)
You're not really a poor refugee. You're part of Kirkwall's high society. You might be on the run and with no money on your pockets, but it's not like you came from dirt.

9ted6

Educated
Nigga, DAO was full of women guards and basic antiracist preaching. Muh oppressed elves, muh slavery bad. It never "stood against the competition", it always was a pile up of cliche for the mediocre public of reddititian semi-intellectuals.
Nigga, it never felt like leftist pandering though. You meet multiple elves who are evil pieces of shit, it's kept ambiguous whether they deserved getting invaded because their nation was evil, slavery's almost never mentioned, and there's no more female guards than any old CRPGs or DND games. It's got like four bi characters and three of them are evil murderous liars.

It had oppressed elves, bi NPCs, and female guards without feeling like they were there as some kind of message.

If you wanna see leftist pandering, look at the sequels or The Witcher where gays are saints, RL allegories punch you in the face, and every woman speaks in feminist talking points at you.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
My one remaining hope for Dreadwolf is that they bring blood magic back. I don't care about the inconsistencies of your blood magic hating companions sticking by you, there are a hundred plot holes in Dragon Age and I don't see why they had to choose to address the one that ruins part of the fun of the game.

Nigga, it never felt like leftist pandering though. You meet multiple elves who are evil pieces of shit, it's kept ambiguous whether they deserved getting invaded because their nation was evil, slavery's almost never mentioned, and there's no more female guards than any old CRPGs or DND games. It's got like four bi characters and three of them are evil murderous liars.

It had oppressed elves, bi NPCs, and female guards without feeling like they were there as some kind of message.

If you wanna see leftist pandering, look at the sequels or The Witcher where gays are saints, RL allegories punch you in the face, and every woman speaks in feminist talking points at you.

I love this clip.

However, political observations in Witcher are meant to be like this. Geralt, being a pest exterminator stuck in two worlds, is meant to represent the average Pole in the aftermath of the USSR.

Or that's what I'd say if I wanted to make the books feel smarter than what they are.

9ted6

Educated
The hole goes deeper, they retconned entire chunks along with management change

Tons of shit got retconned by 2 and Inquisition and their books. Qunari were the biggest change, getting all their lore canned for obvious lgbtsjw++ reasons, but it wasn't all that got axed or rewritten.

The setting as it was in Origins doesn't really exist anymore. Names are similar, but everything's different and it's all congruently worse.

Semiurge

Cipher
My one remaining hope for Dreadwolf is that they bring blood magic back. I don't care about the inconsistencies of your blood magic hating companions sticking by you, there are a hundred plot holes in Dragon Age and I don't see why they had to choose to address the one that ruins part of the fun of the game.

Blood magic in DA:O was nothing but a cheat. With actual consequences for its use it could've been more than that.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Entire setting is based on how vile and dangerous blood magic is and yet you can use it freely in the streets of any city and nobody will say nothing. Even BG2 had restrictions to casting and imposed a severe fee to use magic.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Blood magic should also have more consequences and severe ones at that.
Not everyone can use blood magic without sacrifices or some other evil shit. They could make this work if they wanted to, but I don't know if they are willing to devote effort to it.

9ted6

Educated
It is simple, you either use your own blood, or someone else's.
It should still be evil. IIRC in the lore of Origins blood magic was introduced to people by the setting's equivalents of satan.

Now it's just another elven parlor trick or some shit but everyone should ignore that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom