Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Padzi

Arbiter
I wouldn't put too much stock in using early artwork as indicator of what the game might look like, though. Bioware's been known to use inconsistent art styles.

d7ek7o4-dbbecbef-bef0-4dff-81e1-ca407d599d28.jpg

If Padzi is correct (and I think so) this was "art" work was later referenced in the game itself. It is a story about how the blond troll Die Antwood reject was fisting some poor lesbian.

Yeah, this was relegated to a bit of banter/dialogue between her and Blackwall. Don't ask me where I know this from. Just bask in my knowledge.

Tytus

Arcane
As much as I hate this shit franchise, honestly I hope this is a critical and commercial success so that way Bioware doesn't break up and these people don't infect the few remaining studios I actually like or split off a hundred different ways and create a hundred times the
decline.png
Bioware is dead already.
Bioware is a 95% decomposed corpse animated via talmudic sorcery

Actually Golems are being removed from D&D and similar games as being too racist or something. So they can't use talmudic sorcery anymore it's cultural appropriation.

She left a year before DA:I came out. People love to hate on her, but she's actually responsible for a lot of DA:O's dark fantasy feel.

Codexers will never admit Hamburger Hepler is actually a really good writer as long as she has someone to slap her when she's about to write fujo shit. She's responsible for almost all of the dwarven lore and some of the best quests in DA:O. She wrote the dwarf commoner quests and most of the paragon of her kind. That's why she was made into the lead, because she excelled in DA:O. She was also responsible for overseering design of all the plot and quests in DA:O.

Too bad she's a fujo into degen stuff that needs a tard wrangler and didn't have someone to slap some sense into her during DA:II.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Always liked Matt Rhodes, shame he is still at Biotrash, art directors pays too well...
d7ek7o4-dbbecbef-bef0-4dff-81e1-ca407d599d28.jpg

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
People here really like to shit on BioWare, but riddle me this - which RPG studio containing "legendary" names actually holds up today? Obsidian? Bethesda? All of the greats have either fallen from grace, retired, or are trying to put together a game in an indie dungeon, and have yet to release anything (Ziets). Remember how the Outer Worlds was supposed to be the next Arcanum? Or how Pillars of Eternity would overshadow Baldur's Gate? It's not BioWare that is being rotted with sickness - it's the entire industry. We are long overdue for a crash - you have Steam to thank for that.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
People here really like to shit on BioWare, but riddle me this - which RPG studio containing "legendary" names actually holds up today? Obsidian? Bethesda? All of the greats have either fallen from grace, retired, or are trying to put together a game in an indie dungeon, and have yet to release anything (Ziets). Remember how the Outer Worlds was supposed to be the next Arcanum? Or how Pillars of Eternity would overshadow Baldur's Gate? It's not BioWare that is being rotted with sickness - it's the entire industry. We are long overdue for a crash - you have Steam to thank for that.

I'd take Pillars and Outer Worlds over DA2 and 3 in a heartbeat.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
As much as I hate this shit franchise, honestly I hope this is a critical and commercial success so that way Bioware doesn't break up and these people don't infect the few remaining studios I actually like or split off a hundred different ways and create a hundred times the
decline.png
Bioware is dead already.
Bioware is a 95% decomposed corpse animated via talmudic sorcery

Actually Golems are being removed from D&D and similar games as being too racist or something. So they can't use talmudic sorcery anymore it's cultural appropriation.

Where did you get that? 5e DnD still has golems.

Narax

Educated
At this point, the series is turning into an interactive drama with very limited/crappy gameplay elements. The fans themselves don't even care about the gameplay, they just want their queer romances, check their reddit, discord, or twitter, 90% of the DA4 posts are about romance fantasies, while there is barely any mention of rpg elements or gameplay.

frajaq

Erudite
At this point, the series is turning into an interactive drama with very limited/crappy gameplay elements. The fans themselves don't even care about the gameplay, they just want their queer romances, check their reddit, discord, or twitter, 90% of the DA4 posts are about romance fantasies, while there is barely any mention of rpg elements or gameplay.

might as well save money and make a Visual Novel, people are more open to it these days, a lot of them on Steam and even League of Legends had one recently

Such as what? Making a coherently designed game? I believe that was a promise not kept with DAI.

The Outpost in Andromeda seems to be, although still scaled back, a take on the cut Keep system they originally talked about in Inquisition. In the final game they seemed to have been rolled into the Skyhold, which also doesn't seem as important as what they first talked about when showing off Inquisition. But originally you'd get a number of Strongholds in different areas, and these Strongholds could be set to different functions in a area like espionage, war, or diplomacy and trade.

Flight Simulator 2020 finally looks like the cover art of Flight Simulator X from 2006. Devs constantly over promise and under-deliver. It take years and sometimes a decade or more to see some of those promises fulfilled.

In other words, what exactly is your point?

That's a dumb fucking comparisons. I'm talking about a gameplay concept they showed in Jade Empire, (in reference to what of their games may have influenced those other games) now you're just talking about a purely visual technical limitation.

My point is you're wrong.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
might as well save money and make a Visual Novel, people are more open to it these days, a lot of them on Steam and even League of Legends had one recently

Narax isn't wrong, but they also like the "wandering around pretty places checking things off a list" aspect. Can't do that in a visual novel.

Narax isn't wrong, but they also like the "wandering around pretty places checking things off a list" aspect. Can't do that in a visual novel.

You can in modern Telltale style "adventure" games. Sure that'd still cost them vastly less than these do.

Nyx

Novice
There was some dev, Chris Taylor I think, that said that the most important part of games isn't actually what's in the games, moment to moment gameplay or anything, but the fantasy of something. Gameplay is only there to sell the fantasy of it. With that said I would appreciate it if they abandoned the pretense of what they were doing, nobody buys a new Dragon Age for tactical gameplay for their PC.
These people are beyond helpless, they already made fan art for the skeleton mage.
AkMN7zl.png
Tbf skelly romances are very wholesome. Besides, guys already got one in Dragon Commander so it would only be fair if women got to romance a handsome, er, boner in DA4.
Inquisition was total dog shit, DA4 will probably follow suit. And look at this concept art, I don't care if it is a man or a woman. When I saw it my first impression was that Gru joined the team.

nGskdrN.png
Omg lol, if DA4 had a Gru-like companion I'd probably have to buy it despite not liking Inquisition at all.
Please God, take BioWare with you and give us back the old Black Isle. Thanks.
blu2jgz.jpg

jackofshadows

Magister

Nyx

Novice
Their last "flawed but pretty good" game in my book is dated 2010. We're living in 2020.
Pls don't remind me. :mad: You still got your band reunion is my meaning, and they aren't going to get together a third time. Instead you get new decent dev studios like Owlcat and small indies like Styg.

Semiurge

Cipher
[miss basic bitch] "I screamed and cried when they mentioned Dragon Age 4"
[furry couple] "I have got even squirted my pants a little :P"
[some-thing] YESYESYESESYESSSSS, I CANT BREATH!!!!!!
All coments are like this. Now I understand why in zombie movies you just kill your loved ones as soon as they get raped by zombies. Bioware is best forgotten, erased from memories. EA, this is some dark & twisted necromancy

A comment about the Inclusive Man's character reveal stayed with me forever. It was "Oh! My heartstrings! ❤️❤️❤️" by some large girl.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom