Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age gameplay footage

Shoelip

Arbiter
Right, somehow I always forget about difficulty levels. Maybe cause I always tend to play on the default.

Raapys

Arcane
Naked Ninja said:
Looks pretty good, I'll be watching this closely.

Also : magic spells interacting like that? Hell yes.

I might remember wrongly, but didn't spells interact in BG too?

Drugar

Novice
Unless you also count the spell shield/breach magic/spell immumnity/remove magic duels, slow vs haste was indeed about it yes. Ice Storm in an Incendiary Cloud just ended up in cold and ice damage being done at the same time. Though there was the Zone of Fresh Air spell (or something similar) which dispersed a cloud effect (Cloudkill, Stinking Cloud, Incendiary Cloud) too.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Yeah, I wasn't counting the spells whose effects were specifically counter-spells, only ones whose nature conflicted with another spells core nature and thus canceled it out., even though that wasn't the spells primary effect.

Raapys

Arcane
Ah yeah, I must have been thinking about Zone of Fresh Air.

It's indeed a welcome change though. Just hope they've kept the great spell selection.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Shoelip said:
I personally always thought it was stupid that in BG your MCs death meant auto end of the game even if you were surrounded by perfectly healthy and steadfastly loyal allies who'd raise you without a second thought. Hell, Arrie was in love with my character and she had raise dead on her spell list. I mean, after all the shit I went through to save her after she got turned into a fucking vampire slave she sure as fuck better be willing to cast a fifth level spell on me! They don't even cost anything in BG2!

I figured that normal resurrection spells didn't work on the main character because of his divine heritage. BG's game over screen is a video of your character's body turning into dust, kinda hard to resurrect that.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Naked Ninja said:

More like "what the fuck took them so long?". Stuff like this had been done in pretty ancient games (For instance, Bahamut Lagoon, 1996, on a console, and before games even had four-pixel chairs).
[BITTER CUNT MODE OFF]

But "hell yes" anyway.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Spectacle said:
Shoelip said:
I personally always thought it was stupid that in BG your MCs death meant auto end of the game even if you were surrounded by perfectly healthy and steadfastly loyal allies who'd raise you without a second thought. Hell, Arrie was in love with my character and she had raise dead on her spell list. I mean, after all the shit I went through to save her after she got turned into a fucking vampire slave she sure as fuck better be willing to cast a fifth level spell on me! They don't even cost anything in BG2!

I figured that normal resurrection spells didn't work on the main character because of his divine heritage. BG's game over screen is a video of your character's body turning into dust, kinda hard to resurrect that.

Imoen...

pkt-zer0 said:
Naked Ninja said:

More like "what the fuck took them so long?". Stuff like this had been done in pretty ancient games (For instance, Bahamut Lagoon, 1996, on a console, and before games even had four-pixel chairs).
[BITTER CUNT MODE OFF]

But "hell yes" anyway.

Dark Messiah had stuff like this. But I can't think of any RPG.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looks pretty good to me.

And cheering companions, I don't know. Would be too jRPG. You have no idea how it pissed me off to hear everyone go "Yeeha! Yatta! All right!" after every battle on Rogue Galaxy.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Jasede said:
Looks pretty good to me.

And cheering companions, I don't know. Would be too jRPG. You have no idea how it pissed me off to hear everyone go "Yeeha! Yatta! All right!" after every battle on Rogue Galaxy.

Why can't I kill Jupis!? WHY!!???!?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
That was the best character in the game for me, no joke. Everyone else hates him though. And the game's final fight is so retarded it ruins the good things the game had until then.

Shoelip

Arbiter
Still haven't beat it. The difficulty ramps up suddenly right after you get "teh ultimate sord!" and the only real way to get through it without using all your items is to grind, so I took a break.

Hey, who has the best fancy glowy ball getting cutscene? I say it's Zegram.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom