Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Dragon Age II Interview Bonanza

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I’ve done a number of our romances, going back to Baldur’s Gate II. I always like to try something new.

And silly me thought that every romance character in their games are completely the same.

The scotch analogy was horribly misconceived. To me, he was saying that his own games were the "any old crap that can get you drunk", not the quality scotch, considering he was trying to argue the point "putting in so much effort" and diminishing returns in the same breath.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
," players who never finish their games"

This has always been true. Majority of 'gamers' have never finished games. Not unqiue to BIO games new or old.

Gosling

Liturgist
Excommunicator said:
The scotch analogy was horribly misconceived. To me, he was saying that his own games were the "any old crap that can get you drunk", not the quality scotch, considering he was trying to argue the point "putting in so much effort" and diminishing returns in the same breath.

And you don't drink exceptionally good scotch to get drunk. It's just a waste of product. Well, some people do, actually quite a lot I imagine. But getting drunk is not the point when it comes to hi-end alcohol - you are supposed to enjoy the product and its particular features, and getting slightly drunk is just an added bonus to the overall enjoyment. In gaming terms - you gotta enjoy gameplay and not teh awesome cutscenes first and foremost. For laidlow it's the opposite - getting drunk and getting teh awesum is the focal point of the process, and the taste should be smooth to better get to that point.

Also good luck getting drunk on Laphroaig or Ardbeg "in a smoother way".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom