Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age impressions

MetalCraze

Arcane
Silellak said:
Volourn said:
"At least the dialog is better than JE and KOTOR so far."

No. Don't spread bullshit.
You fundamentally don't understand the concept of differing opinions, do you? Like something is just broken in your brain that somehow blurs the line between fact and opinion.

Granted, it's hardly a rare disease on the Internet, but you and certain others here are truly classic case-studies in this phenomenon.

You know what scares me. Volourn is right more than you are and DA defending ilk.
He is right about KotOR and JE and they do have better writing even if it's still bad. DA's writing is a crap atrocity on a par with modder-quality piece of shit from SoZ where each sentence is made out of 3-4 words and is nothing but a mere uninspired filler. It's a fact and nothing else.
Just like Volourn was right about Codex being full of hypocrites who shit on a game for 10 months straight only to buy it and praise it until someone will do an LP and shows how crappy it is and then people go "it was shit!" - exactly like it happened with ME and F3.

Volourn is actually better, more correct and more honest than most people in this thread - can Codex decline any further?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
MC does me no favors. The guy is bullshiting but I expect that from him. R00fles!

Multi-headed Cow

Anyone playing an elf? Does it play much different since you're a pointy eared nigger? What about an elf mage? If any race/class should play differently, it should be that.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Just like Volourn was right about Codex being full of hypocrites who shit on a game for 10 months straight only to buy it and praise it until someone will do an LP and shows how crappy it is and then people go "it was shit!"
That's not what Volly has written.

MetalCraze said:
exactly like it happened with ME and F3.
Huh? A number of Codexers who claimed Fo3 was a good game was very small and was including Chefe, Cloaked Figure, Matt and... I think that's all (if you don't count trolls like BLOBERT). Then there was just a little bigger group that would say it is an average. And every positive comment was confronted with ten responses bashing the game.

Some of us actually remember what was happening a year ago. Others can use search function. Then there's also the group that likes to spill bullshit if it suits their theories.

Volourn is actually better, more correct and more honest than most people in this thread - can Codex decline any further?
Like it is anything new...

Multi-headed Cow said:
Anyone playing an elf? Does it play much different since you're a pointy eared nigger? What about an elf mage? If any race/class should play differently, it should be that.
Just a few references, being a mage opposed to a warrior is more significant since people are generally afraid of you.

Silellak

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
You know what scares me. Volourn is right more than you are and DA defending ilk.
He is right about KotOR and JE and they do have better writing even if it's still bad. DA's writing is a crap atrocity on a par with modder-quality piece of shit from SoZ where each sentence is made out of 3-4 words and is nothing but a mere uninspired filler. It's a fact and nothing else.
You are far more entertaining when I've actually played a game you're bitching about, since I know when you're just making up bullshit for the sake of trolling, rather than being forced to assume than most things you say are either exaggerations or outright falsehoods.

Why do you care so much of some of us enjoy DA after actually having played it? It's fascinating that you're driven to return again and again to a thread dedicated towards people sharing their impressions of a game you haven't even played and clearly have no interest in.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
MC is probably playing the game. He's probably enjoying it. He just wants his kewl points.

oldschool

Scholar
oldmanpaco said:
baronjohn said:
Maybe peeps with childish minds and manners can stand it, but I require my fiction to be of higher quality than say Buffy The Vampire Slayer, which is about the level on which DA:O is.

I liked Buffy. The singing episode was awesome.

It was. The soft shoe routine the demon did at the end was cool.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Silellak said:
Why do you care so much of some of us enjoy DA after actually having played it? It's fascinating that you're driven to return again and again to a thread dedicated towards people sharing their impressions of a game you haven't even played and clearly have no interest in.

You aren't supposed to enjoy games, you are supposed to critique them via glib and unfunny comments on interweb forums. Gotta accumulate the e-cred somehow.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
On the other hand, I'm sure Skyway is very sad that DA doesn't live up to the great level of NWN1 which he liked so much :smug:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Darth Roxor said:
On the other hand, I'm sure Skyway is very sad that DA doesn't live up to the great level of NWN1 which he liked so much :smug:

Um Volourn masturbates furiously to NWN1... not Skyway.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Jaesun said:
Um Volourn masturbates furiously to NWN1... not Skyway.
metalcraze.png

NEVAH FORGET!

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jim Cojones said:
That's not what Volly has written.
It was along the lines of"You cry so hard about it now - but when it will come out you'll be the first to buy it"
And this is exactly what's happening.

MetalCraze said:
Huh? A number of Codexers who claimed Fo3 was a good game was very small
Except there were massive amounts of circlejerk with "it's good for what it is", "Bethesda is improving", "The next game from Bethesda can be very good", "sounds like a good game - I'll buy it when the price drops", "oh just forget that this is a sequel to Fallout it can be enjoyable!" - all coming from lots of your typical Codexers, some even bought it on the release day (and not the ones you named), even VD gave Bethesda a pat on the back. Then some time passed, DriacKin started doing an LP and the circlejerk went somewhere. And no - there weren't many people bashing it - however it's during F3 that the "meme" "it's good for what it is" appeared.
The exactly same thing was with Mass Effect. The exactly same thing is happening with DA now - "this is the best game to come out in fucking years!"/"omg this is the first game to feature full VOs"/"regen is nicely done"/"the text is flavour but it has flavour!" - all coming from people who were previously baaawing for a good year about the crappy Gaider's writing, regen, terribad plot and characters, and the lack of C&C and now did a 180 backflip and started to praise those. Pathetic hypocrites.

Others can use search function.
I wonder what will happen if you'll type "it's good for what it is", some refreshing memories?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
MetalCraze said:
all coming from people who were previously baaawing for a good year about the crappy Gaider's writing, regen, terribad plot and characters, and the lack of C&C and now did a 180 backflip and started to praise those. Pathetic hypocrites.

They probably played the game and saw that it wasn't half as bad as what their eternal circlejerk led them to believe. You might try it yourself one day.

kris

Arcane
'Scanning' 'Positive comment detected'
"Have to comment on decline"
'Begins typing'
This boring banal shit is a piece of turd and...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
This games is okay.

I want the toolset though.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Trash said:
They probably played the game and saw that it wasn't half as bad as what their eternal circlejerk led them to believe.
But... It is just as bad as the eternal circlejerk led them to believe. Atrocious RTwP combat in its full glory, and writing that takes itself far more seriously than it has any right to. DA's impossibly melodramatic most of the time, and when it finally comes to its senses and tries to make a joke about how stupid it is, the joke just never works. I guess I should put it in a way Gaider would understand: "In the absense of Self-Awareness, Blandness thrives.".

Monocause

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
The exactly same thing is happening with DA now - "this is the best game to come out in fucking years!"/"omg this is the first game to feature full VOs"/"regen is nicely done"/"the text is flavour but it has flavour!" - all coming from people who were previously baaawing for a good year about the crappy Gaider's writing, regen, terribad plot and characters, and the lack of C&C and now did a 180 backflip and started to praise those. Pathetic hypocrites.

Of course, it's easier to believe that we're a bunch of pathetic hypocrites. After all, how dare we to be inconsistent with our dislike for crappy marketing materials, Gaider's crappy book and poor expectations after ME after we played the game and noticed that it's good? Oh, how pitiful.

Look, when I downloaded the game I had very low expectations. I played a while expecting the idiotic shitfest to begin around the next corner. To my surprise I got good dialogue, likeable NPCs, combat that requires thinking, palatable graphics and a story that keeps me happily playing. And you expect me and others to come here and bash the game, while enjoying it in secrecy? Now *that* would be hypocrisy.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Trash said:
Sorry, no.
Sorry, yes. DA is as much of an encyclopedia of fantasy cliches as other BioWare games, except this time around cliches have tits and are covered in blood. Other than that, it's in the same league as Drizzt books.

Inziladun

Magister
Hümmelgümpf said:
Trash said:
Sorry, no.
Sorry, yes. DA is as much of an encyclopedia of fantasy cliches as other BioWare games, except this time around cliches have tits and are covered in blood. Other than that, it's in the same league as Drizzt books.

Yeah, only this time the cliches are presented in a way that's not nearly as obnoxious.

Sure it's the ultimate evil descending upon civilization, but hey there's political intrigue and stuff too, cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom