Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age impressions

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
That goes without saying. Or not.

More like Volourn = Codex Without The Fakeness

Grifthin

Educated
Hehe - I'm playing through for 4th time (Dwarf female noble) and decided to head into the Deep roads first. No healer. Level 8. Patch 1.2 (so not as much stun spam). Good lord I'm getting raped.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I played the human noble origin and discovered what a pice of shit this Howe really is, and Loghain too. I think the Origins are the best part of the game.

what are the prereqs for Alistair to marry Anora, he just doesn't do it, not enough influence? Someone explain the different Landsmeet outcomes possible , plus the prereqs.

Grifthin

Educated
@ Ventilator - Spoilers

Alistair can Marry anora if you don't kill her dad, If you do forget it.
You can marry alistair if he becomes king and become queen of ferelden - You have to take morrigan's offer for alistair though or he sacrifices himself.
You can make anora queen - easy one - ally up with her.
You can make alistair king - fuck over anora, win duel - toss her arse in the tower - sacrifice yourself or let morrigan do her mojo on alistair.
You can flat out win the landsmeet if you get every councilman to vote for you.

Those are some of the outcomes - there's more but I havn't discovered them yet.

kris

Arcane
Grifthin said:
@ Ventilator - Spoilers

First I thought that, but it is possible to have him killed and still marry her.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
kris said:
Grifthin said:
@ Ventilator - Spoilers

First I thought that, but it is possible to have him killed and still marry her.

Yeah, it's only impossible if Alistair kills Loghain because she doesn't want to marry the murderer of her father.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
JarlFrank said:
kris said:
Grifthin said:
@ Ventilator - Spoilers

Yeah, it's only impossible if Alistair kills Loghain because she doesn't want to marry the murderer of her father.

ah here comes teh explanation, thx Jarl. I always let Alistair do it.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Positives:
Party-based game. Party control is better than NWN2, (whatever that is worth)
Reasonably decent environmental graphics
Origins give more insight into game events, (dwarf noble and bhelen, human noble and howe, etc.)

Cons:
Shitty story, shitty characters, shitty writing in general
'Dark' interpreted to mean that everyone sucks equally
Uneven pacing
Too much dialogue, all dealt with via in-game 'cinematic' scenes
Same old companion plot advancement via in-camp whack-a-mole conversation round-robin
Terrible (and terribly dull) itemization
Crappy ruleset, with very little impetus to advance and vastly unbalanced power sets
Too much combat that is all pretty much identical
Lame-ass DLC scheme as a desperate cash grab
Dull.

Obviously, I was not a fan.

eggsackly

Novice
so far it feels more like drakensang than bg(2). to be fair, i'm not even through with the 'origin'-vignette, but there was a room with some dog artifact and a weak wall. instead of letting me do some research in the books or the artifact description and then requiring me to use a certain item on the artifact, everything is resolved in a cutscene. boring.

also, fights are easy even on hard and the dialogues are bland and uninspired. some good ideas but lacking in execution. depth and wit in dialogues make a huge difference. i had a lot of fun with iwd2 last month. who wrote the dialogues for that one?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I think it's fair to say after 80 pages that the conclusion is shit banal boring. The Truth is now revealed, took your time Codex. This is because of the impurity and corruptions, start the purge

SerratedBiz

Arcane
alleykatze_l1.jpg

Exclusive: The Girls of 'Dragon Age: Origins'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom