Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age impressions

Silellak

Cipher
Volourn said:
Next thing you are gonna claim that HOTU isn't a continuation of the NWN1 OC story. Even though, it is. And, that's despite the fact most people think HOTU is way better than the OC.

HotU isn't a continuation of the NWN1 OC story. It's not even the same PC.

It's a direct sequel to the other NWN1 expansion, SoU, which has little if any connection to the NWN1 OC. I believe it's said to occur "at the same time", but there's no plot or character links, and the PC is completely different.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Well it's not; Hordes of the Underdark is a continuation of Shadows of Undrentide."

Haha! How right you are!

LMAO

Otherwise, my point still stands despite my embarassament....

Silellak

Cipher
Volourn said:
"Well it's not; Hordes of the Underdark is a continuation of Shadows of Undrentide."

Haha! How right you are!

LMAO

Otherwise, my point still stands despite my embarassament....
[Perception] Looks like you failed your NWN1 lore check.

1eyedking

Erudite
VD can't take no for an answer.

He doesn't need arguments to win.

He always wins.

HE IS A WINNER.

So stop wasting his time and carry on with your menial chores, underlings; he is a sirius gaem develupur now.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
"Do you lose anything by playing MotB without playing NWN2 OC? No."

You cna play BG2, and it plays out absolutely fine even if you didn't play BG1. Are you gonna claim that BG2 isn't a continuation of BG1? Of course not.

MOTB is a continuation of the NWN2 OC story.
You didn't answer my question.

Next thing you are gonna claim that HOTU isn't a continuation of the NWN1 OC story.
I surely will.

Even though, it is. And, that's despite the fact most people think HOTU is way better than the OC.
What does the quality have to do with anything?

MOTB is basically the second part of the NWN2 OC.
It basically isn't.

Silellak said:
Volourn said:
Next thing you are gonna claim that HOTU isn't a continuation of the NWN1 OC story. Even though, it is. And, that's despite the fact most people think HOTU is way better than the OC.

HotU isn't a continuation of the NWN1 OC story. It's not even the same PC.

It's a direct sequel to the other NWN1 expansion, SoU, which has little if any connection to the NWN1 OC. I believe it's said to occur "at the same time", but there's no plot or character links, and the PC is completely different.
Exactly. SoU and HotU are unrelated to the OC, and HotU continues the storyline set in SoU.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
1eyedking said:

He always wins.

HE IS A WINNER.

So stop wasting his time and carry on with your menial chores, underlings; he is a sirius gaem develupur now.
429px-Adria.jpg

Silellak

Cipher
1eyedking said:

He always wins.

HE IS A WINNER.

For all your bitching about VD, I've seen him concede points to others at least a few times. I can't say the same for you.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Exactly. SoU and HotU are unrelated to the OC, and HotU continues the storyline set in SoU."

Except the point still stands depsite me being wrong about the OC. HOTU is even less connected to SOU's story than MOTB is to NWN2 OC's. I mena, you end up in Waterderp for who knows what reason which has nothing to do with beating up a silly fake medusa in Undretide.

How can you argue that MOTB is less connected to NWN2 OC than HOTU is to SOU?

They're both continuations of the PC's adventure. Period.

"You didn't answer my question."

Sure, i did. You lose as much not playing NWN2 OC before MOTB as you would playing BG2 without playing BG1. *shrug* Or HOTU before SOU.

"What does the quality have to do with anything?"

I have very ltitle the main reason why you are trying to claim that MOTB is not connected to NWN2 OC even though it very clearly is is because MOTB is supposedly vastly superior to NWN2 OC. That doesn't matter. Quality aside, *they* are connected.

Korgan

Arbiter
When I was a young BOI,
My father took me into HELL
To see a marching b&
He said, "MAH BOI, when you grow up,
Will you be the savior of Batty, Gay Luigi, and YOSHI?"
He said, "Will you defeat them,
Bowser, and all Massacration,
The spaghetti they have made?
Because one day I'll leave you,
A PhD in kicking your ass to lead you in the Mushroom Kingdom,
To join the Y.M.C.A.
"STOP! HAMMER TIME!"
When I was a YOUNG MAN,
My father took me into the city,
To see IRON MAN,
He said "Son, when you grow up,
Will you be the devourer of all life?"

Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands
My positives:
Party-based game. Not DnD. Potential for improvement / developement.
Nod to the "old school" whilst obviously targeted at console fucktards. Any effort to please the PC crew will become increasingly rare in the industry as a whole. The money is elsewhere.
I sort of enjoyed the "epic" writing and the character banter. For every time I slapped my head, I was also glad I wasn't reading Bethesda "dialogue".
A degree of choice in character build / development. Again, how many games have you played recently that makes f-all difference in the type of character you play.
My G/F sounds sort of like Leliana, but she has better titties.....

My negatives:
Way, way, way too much combat. But it's Bioware. How else will it be?
The old bio - cutscene-that-fucks-up your-tactical-planning-and-stealth-strategy.
Dodgy DLC philosophy
Repetitive enemies, though I suspect this will reduce as the series grows
Mega mages. But no worse than DnD. I suppose AOE blitz here no worse than DnD mage-domination after lvl 7 or so.
EA
EA
EA.

Overall, glad I tried it, and looking forward to the mods. Hated NWN etc and got bored with BG2. I prefer this.

Dhall

Novice
Bg2 is boring compared to Dragon Age? Well, that's rich...
Also, if you say that the dialogues are better than in Oblivion...well, that's not saying much.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I finally started playing it again, and so far it's decent. It reminds me of NWN1 OC more than BG2, unfortunately.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
And like four hours later I'm bored. That didn't take long. NPCs were pretty bland, combat got repetitive quickly, and the voice acting ranged from decent to horrible.

Fuck, I'm gonna go play galactic civilizations 2.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
I don't understand why people like Dragon Age. Don't the story and characters seem silly and phony? Surely you don't like it for the linear gameplay and grinding.

I compare it to Betrayal at Krondor, and I can't take playing Dragon Age and seeing how much the distance between smart, witty, and interesting characters, dialogues, and stories are between the two games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom