Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Dragon Age Inquisition Panel at PAX Australia

DraQ

Arcane
There are some parts of me that admires the titanium football stadium sized balls that their PR folk must have to come out out with this. With every other company it's: 'we now realise that our last game, despite our calling it the best game ever made, actually really sucked. Our NEXT game will fix all those errors and truly WILL be the best game ever made'.

With Bioware it's 'FUCK YOU! OUR LAST GAME REALLY WAS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE! YOU CUNTS JUST DON'T DESERVE OUR BRILLIANCE. GO DIE IN A FIRE!'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1dWMIuipn_c&t=216
Video relevant (3:36).

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The choices you made that were saved in other Dragon Age games will "absolutely come across" to the third instalment, Dragon Age Inquisition. [...] [Cameron Lee] was asked whether BioWare knew how it would tackle saved game imports in light of Dragon Age Inquisition also appearing on new consoles - new technology. "We know what we want to do," he said. "It will absolutely come across - your decisions carry [and] will matter." But he could say no more.

One name - Leliana.

"But I chopped off your head back in the sacred ashes temple!"
"I knew it wasn't my time yet, Maker wants me to live on."
"So...what? You crawl back and put the bleeding head back onto your neck?"

"You're free to make all the assumptions you like." said David Gaider.

I'm assuming chopping off someone's head isn't the same as killing them.

By "your decisions will matter", it's probably going to be another "No, we decide what your decisions are and your expectation is irrelavent".
Next thing you know will be that Anders was pretending to get stab by Hawke. He actually escaped Kirkwall.

Yeah honestly, the way they explained those dodgy sequel transfers that doesn't care about player decisions with 'We don't care about SOME player decisions,' is just sad. They painted themselves to a corner when they wanted to include Leliana in DA2, and they know it.

Will not buy because of that.

RK47

Patron
It will likely be Origin exclusive. What more would a person need to ignore it?

I'm not worried about their Origins services TBH. Yes, SimCity is a nightmare for the always online bullshit - but I've not come across a single issue when I played Crysis 3 and Mass Effect 3 Single Player campaign. ME3 Online was clunky at parts (no keyboard chat and poor game finder) but game-wise I completed over 100 missions online with nothing much to complain about but my ISP lag and teammate's ineffectiveness.

Delterius

Arcane

I'm not worried about their Origins services TBH. Yes, SimCity is a nightmare for the always online bullshit - but I've not come across a single issue when I played Crysis 3 and Mass Effect 3 Single Player campaign. I mean, its not like I actually bought the games.

Codexified.

In all seriousness, I feel a bit iffy about Origin simply because its EA's store. I just don't like giving them a larger cut of my sale. And its not just because I'm a Steam sale addict, which I am, since I actually use other stores.

Septaryeth

Augur

I'm not worried about their Origins services TBH. Yes, SimCity is a nightmare for the always online bullshit - but I've not come across a single issue when I played Crysis 3 and Mass Effect 3 Single Player campaign. I mean, its not like I actually bought the games.

Codexified.

In all seriousness, I feel a bit iffy about Origin simply because its EA's store. I just don't like giving them a larger cut of my sale. And its not just because I'm a Steam sale addict, which I am, since I actually use other stores.

I actually bought the game, Biodrone collector edition in fact. :oops:
I read the art book and realized that they actually did "designed" a final boss in Priority: Earth.
Then there came Casey Hudson claiming that a final boss is so "video-game"ish, and so it would not be featureed in the actual video game.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with them wasting time on Kinect function, closing in on dead line or something, oh sir, no way.

Back to Origin...no, the pricing is just too damn high compare to Steam.
And wasn't there a fiasco about how an Origin user banned from his games because he openly slandered Bioware in BSN?

RK47

Patron
dieleliana.jpg

hitler.jpg

MELOVE.jpg

:salute:

Rake

Arcane
They've been working on this for two years now and they still haven't gotten anything to show or even talk about? I smell disaster.

Yes, nothing says "disaster" like taking your time to do it properly after the rushed abortion that was DA2. Then again they took their time with DA1 and it was worse than 2.

:troll:

lolwut?

As for Inquisition: If anyone is expecting another Origins then they are going to be in for disappointment. I actually think Bioware will produce a enjoyable game only to ruin it with some ending or inconsistent plot or player choices not mattering.

Not to mention the piss-poor character dialogues and poorly written bullshit romances. Seriously every character in DA2 was shit and Mass Effect's characters weren't far off. Baldur's Gate, NWN and Origins though? They're the only good Bioware games if you ask me.

This "fail" of Bioware isn't anything new though. It's funny seeing people crying over DA2 and ME3. Doesn't anyone remember that Jade Empire was shit? I'm sure one day they might produce something like NWN again if they actually release a toolset alongside it and stop dumbing everything down. Mind you every RPG developer nowadays seem to be going the route of casualizing everything.
Who says its new? The last great game they made is BG2, with DA:O being good for what it is. Every other game from Bioware were meh at best and terrible at worst.
The people crying over DA2 and ME3 are their own fans. I mean, people who liked their shitty games in the first place. If you can't keep even that bunch happy...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom